About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

lecom

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by mr russon, Dec 25, 1998.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. mr russon

mr russon Member

SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)

2. IUHoosier

IUHoosier Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Mr Russon,

I noticed you posted this with a subject line of LECOM. I would be interested in what you were planning to say because nothing came up. I was accepted to LECOM and CCOM, and I am having a difficult time deciding which one to go to. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
  3. mr russon

mr russon Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    I was accepted to lecom, and only lecom so far. Only applied to a few osteopathic schools, and lecom accepted me right away. Im just a little skepitical, in how I could have been accepted to LECOM so fast and not received an interview at any of my aother choices so far. What is your take on that? I liked lecom alot, and appreciate that they have given me this chance. I know it is a new a school, and that scares me. Do u know anything , in regard to its status in the Do community?? What do u know about , where do they place their graduates in residencies?? So what were your numbers, if I may ask?? Hope to hear from you soon. MIke
  4. IUHoosier

IUHoosier Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Mike,

I don't think you getting into LECOM and not having interviews at other places means much. Each school is trying to get different students, so I would not worry about it. No matter what the case, you got in and that is all that counts. I have tried to find out a lot about LECOM because as you I am a little skeptical since it is new and the location. One encouraging thing is that I have talked to a few doctors, and they all said it is an excellent school. They felt because it was new it has a great chance to place modern ideas as a priority. Plus the new systems approach seems to work great because the board averages have been high. I also found that many high ranking DO's are affiliated with LECOM, and therefore, they have clinicals set up in over eight states (great if you like to travel). Finally, I talked to some of the students and they all raved about how great the profs were. All in all, I have been impressed with the school. I am actually leaning toward going there and taking a chance. I think it might be worth it. Tell me if you here any more information. We should keep in touch on this subject.

Josh
  5. mr russon

mr russon Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Hey Josh, Im very happy someone else , besides myself is intererested in knowing more about LECOM. I understand that the school has a good reputation already, and that a very high percentage of students have passed the boards on their first try. I just want to know alittle more about some of the finer details..ect.. residency positions, getting a speciality out of there, where do their grads go afterwards, things like that. Im just very skeptical like i metioned beofre, that LECOM was the only school that interviewed me, and accepted me to that matter. I interviewed the 2nd day , and was accepted in 6 dats, and yourself?? What are your honest thoughts, dont be ashamed, Im in the same boat. Lets talk some more if u like. You can e-mail at MR russon @aol.com, and we can talk. Hope to hear from you soon, Good Luck and Happy Nrew Year. Mike