Legitimate, Free, SDN matriculant data spreadsheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bumping this thread so new people can use the spreadsheet. We might want to think about updating the sources/information in the near future. If you are too lazy to get the link from the first post, here it is:

Legitimate, Free, SDN matriculant data spreadsheet

Members don't see this ad.

Could we edit the 'In-state Friendliness' conditional formatting so that schools in your state with a high in-state preference come up green?

Also, maybe copy the formatting from the 'chances' column on main page into the LizzyM sorted page.

Sorry, I get really into the formatting stuff; I did it on my download copy but thought it might be a nice overall addition (take 2 seconds)

Could we edit the 'In-state Friendliness' conditional formatting so that schools in your state with a high in-state preference come up green?

Also, maybe copy the formatting from the 'chances' column on main page into the LizzyM sorted page.

Sorry, I get really into the formatting stuff; I did it on my download copy but thought it might be a nice overall addition (take 2 seconds)

I am not an administrator so unfortunately I can't edit it but I will see if I can pass along your suggestions.

I actually don't think I could do your first request with conditional formatting in google docs since you can't do conditional formatting via a function in google docs(I think).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Bookmarked

I am not an administrator so unfortunately I can't edit it but I will see if I can pass along your suggestions.

I actually don't think I could do your first request with conditional formatting in google docs since you can't do conditional formatting via a function in google docs(I think).

Right...I had the column display either the IS% or "IS" dependent on the state you entered...any cell containing "IS" was labelled green, since you wouldn't be at a disadvantage from it.

Right...I had the column display either the IS% or "IS" dependent on the state you entered...any cell containing "IS" was labelled green, since you wouldn't be at a disadvantage from it.

Ah that makes sense, I was trying to be all fancy with conditional formatting.

Ah that makes sense, I was trying to be all fancy with conditional formatting.

lol, me too at first...you should see what I ended up doing with the LizzyM data! I put the IS% column next to it and formatted both to have a green-yellow-red fill gradient based on values...that way I just scroll down the two and look for a good color combo!

I mean, I could just compare the IS% and the Chances column, but where's the fun in that when there's a whole new world of conditional formatting to be played with! GRADIENTS!!

i know they havent released data yet about acceptance scores but someone with editting power of that spreadsheet should probably put in the new osteopathic schools that opened this year:

MU-COM (IN)
ACOM (AL)
CUSOM (NC)

also a good deal of the osteopathic scores are not accurate. here is the most accurate data I found via traigepremed
cGPA / sGPA / MCAT

-A.T. Still University, Kirksville | 3.5 | 3.4 | 27
-A.T. Still University, AZ | 3.5 | 3.41 | 27
-Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, AL | first year taking students
-Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine | 3.51 | 3.46 | 28
-Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, NC | first year taking students
-Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine | 3.56 | ? | 28 | (2009 data: 3.53 | 3.45 | 27)
-Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IA | 3.68 | 3.63 | 27.3
-Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences | 3.63 | 3.56 | 27
-Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill, PA | 3.44 | 3.31 | 26
-Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL | (2010 data: 3.48 | 3.39 | 27)
-Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine, TN | 3.29 | 3.18 | 24.62
-Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IN | first year taking students
-Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MI | 3.6 | ?.?? | 26
-New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of NYIT, NY | 3.6 | ?.?? | 28
-Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL | 3.41 | 3.31 | 27
-Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, OH | 3.66 | ?.?? | 27
-Oklahoma State University OK | 3.64 | 3.58 | 26
-Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences WA | 3.44 | 3.36 | 26.39
-Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA | 3.45 | 3.38 | 27
-Georgia Campus - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, GA |
-University of Pikeville-Kentucky, College of Osteopathic Medicine, KY | 3.5 | 3.4 | 24
-Rocky Vista University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, CO | 3.42 | 3.35 | 25
-Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, NY | 3.4 | 3.3 | 27
-Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California, CA | 3.47 | 3.39 | 28.9
-Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada, NV | 3.40 | 3.31 | 26.6
-UMDNJ - School of Osteopathic Medicine, NJ | 3.58 | ?.?? | 28
-University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, ME | 3.5 | 3.45 | 27
-Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine -Virginia Campus, VA | 3.55 | 3.51 | 25
-Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus, SC | 3.61 | 3.55 | 25
-West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Admissions Office, WV | ?.?? | 3.37 | 25
-Western University of Health Sciences - Pomona, CA + Lebanon, OR | 3.53 | 3.47 | 28
-William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MS | 3.35 | ?.?? | 24.3

Last edited:
For what population? Accepted? Matriculated? Applicants?

Ummmm....
New Mexico

Applicants:
Instate: 201

Interviews:
Instate: 208

How does that work? They interview more people than applied?

Ummmm....
New Mexico

Applicants:
Instate: 201

Interviews:
Instate: 208

How does that work? They interview more people than applied?

The PREP program (basically a post-bac for URM) students interview but come into the program "conditionally accepted" so they probably didn't have to apply. Just my guess, a lot of what UNM does a mystery to me. But I know the PREP program is about 6-7 students, so the numbers add up.

i know they havent released data yet about acceptance scores but someone with editting power of that spreadsheet should probably put in the new osteopathic schools that opened this year:

MU-COM (IN)
ACOM (AL)
CUSOM (NC)

also a good deal of the osteopathic scores are not accurate. here is the most accurate data I found via traigepremed
cGPA / sGPA / MCAT

-A.T. Still University, Kirksville | 3.5 | 3.4 | 27
-A.T. Still University, AZ | 3.5 | 3.41 | 27
-Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, AL | first year taking students
-Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine | 3.51 | 3.46 | 28
-Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, NC | first year taking students
-Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine | 3.56 | ? | 28 | (2009 data: 3.53 | 3.45 | 27)
-Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IA | 3.68 | 3.63 | 27.3
-Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences | 3.63 | 3.56 | 27
-Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill, PA | 3.44 | 3.31 | 26
-Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL | (2010 data: 3.48 | 3.39 | 27)
-Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine, TN | 3.29 | 3.18 | 24.62
-Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IN | first year taking students
-Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MI | 3.6 | ?.?? | 26
-New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of NYIT, NY | 3.6 | ?.?? | 28
-Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL | 3.41 | 3.31 | 27
-Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, OH | 3.66 | ?.?? | 27
-Oklahoma State University OK | 3.64 | 3.58 | 26
-Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences WA | 3.44 | 3.36 | 26.39
-Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA | 3.45 | 3.38 | 27
-Georgia Campus - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, GA |
-University of Pikeville-Kentucky, College of Osteopathic Medicine, KY | 3.5 | 3.4 | 24
-Rocky Vista University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, CO | 3.42 | 3.35 | 25
-Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, NY | 3.4 | 3.3 | 27
-Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California, CA | 3.47 | 3.39 | 28.9
-Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada, NV | 3.40 | 3.31 | 26.6
-UMDNJ - School of Osteopathic Medicine, NJ | 3.58 | ?.?? | 28
-University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, ME | 3.5 | 3.45 | 27
-Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine -Virginia Campus, VA | 3.55 | 3.51 | 25
-Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus, SC | 3.61 | 3.55 | 25
-West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Admissions Office, WV | ?.?? | 3.37 | 25
-Western University of Health Sciences - Pomona, CA + Lebanon, OR | 3.53 | 3.47 | 28
-William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MS | 3.35 | ?.?? | 24.3

Do you have sources for each of these stats?

Do you have sources for each of these stats?

I took them from the underdog thread in pre osteo. Triage premed called all of these schools and asked in order to get this data.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

I will have 2 undergraduate degrees by the time I matriculate (not apply, my second is in progress and finishes May 14). How will they take these 2 in account and what should I do as far as assessing this with the spreadsheet?

Just FYI the first degree was an online degree in health science; the second is from a traditional school in Chemistry. I did well on the first degree with a 3.86, and am striving for a 4.0 with what is remaining on the second degree. However, my transcript is tarnished at the traditional school from laziness 5 years ago before major life changes and pursuing the non traditional degree. All education in the last few years have been A's except for 2 classes while deployed or training.

Basically, I need to see how competitive I will be because while I have many recs and experience that will shine in the interview, I have to get to the interview first. Would schools even consider the Online degree as having any impact compared to my traditional degree, and how should I implement it into the spreadsheet to asses my paper competitiveness?

I will have 2 undergraduate degrees by the time I matriculate (not apply, my second is in progress and finishes May 14). How will they take these 2 in account and what should I do as far as assessing this with the spreadsheet?

Just FYI the first degree was an online degree in health science; the second is from a traditional school in Chemistry. I did well on the first degree with a 3.86, and am striving for a 4.0 with what is remaining on the second degree. However, my transcript is tarnished at the traditional school from laziness 5 years ago before major life changes and pursuing the non traditional degree. All education in the last few years have been A's except for 2 classes while deployed or training.

Basically, I need to see how competitive I will be because while I have many recs and experience that will shine in the interview, I have to get to the interview first. Would schools even consider the Online degree as having any impact compared to my traditional degree, and how should I implement it into the spreadsheet to asses my paper competitiveness?

Just calculate your AMCAS gpa, including ALL undergraduate courses. Then plug that number in. Yeah, that may not take into account all of the intangibles, but it's just for an estimate.

Also, 3.86+4.0 = you're gonna be fine, bud.

So, is hopeful good? I'm hopeful for a ton of schools I want to go to, but not "go for it".

Bump. I've created a web app from the data in the spreadsheet to help people applying to med schools pick their schools. The app allows you to input your stats (GPA, MCAT) and it calculates a score called the AcademINDEX. It uses this score to compare a user to the average matriculant at the different schools and calculates your chances.

You can access it here: Medical School Data App at http://paul411.github.io

It's in its infancy. I'll add more data and options for users in the future.

Reactions: 1 user