****Legitimate UoP Class of 2017 Thread****

Has anyone with a November interview received an acceptance? It seems like UOP admissions is really behind.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an early November interview and was accepted yesterday afternoon

So I didn't get a call yesterday and thought for sure I wasn't getting in, but my AADSAS portal today said "offer made" so I called admissions today and they said that they DID try to call me yesterday and for some reason couldn't get through. So for those of you who didn't hear back yesterday there is still hope!

So I didn't get a call yesterday and thought for sure I wasn't getting in, but my AADSAS portal today said "offer made" so I called admissions today and they said that they DID try to call me yesterday and for some reason couldn't get through. So for those of you who didn't hear back yesterday there is still hope!
October 21. Received same email.
I also received the same email and interviewed on Nov 21st. Looks like we met each other, LaughingGas!

Interestingly though, if JJspin received that same email and interviewed in "early November" then it seems the Nov 21st interviewees aren't the only ones still waiting

Talked to admissions today. They're behind and should have their decisions made by the end of this week.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, so UoP is currently in a 3-way tie for my number one school. May I ask you guys to list the major (and possibly minor) reasons for your choosing this dental school over all of the others? I want to add as many pros and cons as I can for each school so I can decide based on a holistic review of all of the pertinent points and info available. I would really appreciate it, and thank you!

Just got called for an interview! So excited for this one! :)

Did u get an email as well regarding the interview details?

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully they're just taking their time...

Hey! Who has as definitely decided to go to UoP?

Who all has definitely decided to go to UoP i meant!

mine still says "invited for interview" anyone?

Same.. What is going on this year....

i called today and all they said was "you will get it when we call you"
we just have to wait…… idk if they work during the weekends

Last edited:
Hey guys, so UoP is currently in a 3-way tie for my number one school. May I ask you guys to list the major (and possibly minor) reasons for your choosing this dental school over all of the others? I want to add as many pros and cons as I can for each school so I can decide based on a holistic review of all of the pertinent points and info available. I would really appreciate it, and thank you!

Congrats! I am also deciding between UoP and University of Iowa (instate tuition there). Both schools are awesome but the 3 year vs 4 year thing really gets to me. Some may not value that 1 year at a 175K difference in the overall pricetag but I almost do... (living cost included... Iowa @ 250K vs UoP @ 425.... many will tell you cheaper at UoP but I am married and will be taking out loans for the whole 3 years for everything and have done my research and asking around for that #). I have not made a solid decision yet but my BIGGEST reasons for UoP would be that one year difference, I am pretty sure with the people I know I can land a job and make at least 150K my first year and put the other 120K towards my loans. So I would value that extra year saved at 125K but the extra year in practice has to be worth something as well so I would justify the extra 50K for that and the fact that I could tally that extra year up at the end of my practicing which by then I could be making 300K+ at that point (not including inflation and assuming ownership and multiple associates.... but for my purpose I will account for my first year and not my last seeing as that is much more calculable). If you look at these numbers then that would put UoP and Iowa close to equal in my eyes and the tipping point towards UoP comes when I think about that brand new school, cool SF area, and only 3 years of really intense hell instead of 4 years of intense hell. I am still deciding between the two but in my opinion UoP is the only "expensive" school that is worth it due to that year gained. Time is money..... and life. I will post more if I make a solid decision but for now that is what is running through my mind... hope it helps!

150k... did you calculate how much tax will be deducted?..and you will be spending 0 dollars but use all the money to pay your loan? you sure did correct calculation including accumulated interest?

150k... did you calculate how much tax will be deducted?..and you will be spending 0 dollars but use all the money to pay your loan? you sure did correct calculation including accumulated interest?

not really but I chalk that up to the fact my family owns a practice that has paid their past 3 associates 180 after bonus (their first year out of DS)... By the time I grad they will need another (and im family which is def not everyones situation I know, but these are my thoughts). I know that the numbers arent exact but more or less. and i said that I would only be putting 120K/year toward loans of the 150K so that leaves a comfy 30K (in washington which goes further than in cal). And there are several tax deductions associated with paying of student loans as well.

not really but I chalk that up to the fact my family owns a practice that has paid their past 3 associates 180 after bonus (their first year out of DS)... By the time I grad they will need another (and im family which is def not everyones situation I know, but these are my thoughts). I know that the numbers arent exact but more or less. and i said that I would only be putting 120K/year toward loans of the 150K so that leaves a comfy 30K (in washington which goes further than in cal). And there are several tax deductions associated with paying of student loans as well.
Since you want to work in WA, what makes you more interested in UoP than UW? Or are you not currentlya WA resident? Curious because I am also looking at UoP instead of UW.

Since you want to work in WA, what makes you more interested in UoP than UW? Or are you not currentlya WA resident? Curious because I am also looking at UoP instead of UW.

I am an Iowa resident... I didnt apply to UW. It is my in-laws that own the practice. But it is the same situation because I am deciding between Iowa (with in state tuition) and UoP. I did get into OHSU as well but it is the price of UoP without the 3 year thing....

I am an Iowa resident... I didnt apply to UW. It is my in-laws that own the practice. But it is the same situation because I am deciding between Iowa (with in state tuition) and UoP. I did get into OHSU as well but it is the price of UoP without the 3 year thing....
Ah, gotcha. I missed the Iowa resident part.

rejection.. Hope the best for the rest of you who are still waiting. Got snail-mail today......

Anybody still waiting????? or is it just me??

rejection.. Hope the best for the rest of you who are still waiting. Got snail-mail today......

and your app still says "invited for interview?"

Last edited:
For those of you who have already interviewed, can you please describe the writing prompt uop gives at the beginning of the interview day. Thanks! :)

For those of you who have already interviewed, can you please describe the writing prompt uop gives at the beginning of the interview day. Thanks! :)
everyone gets a different question. it is fairly straight forward question just to see what you are like.

Mine asked what quality of a person would deter me the most from working with someone on a group project and why .... I said laziness and explained why.

Interview for Jan 23rd! Beyond stoked! Anyone else going to be there?

Hey did anyone who got into UoP get a scholarship? If so, for how much?

Does anyone know if there is any hope for someone who has not heard anything from UoP yet? Are they still giving out interviews? My application was received by them in October.

Hey guys... I am married and got into UoP but also have other options. I was wondering who else is in my situation and what are you doing to pay for the school/ justifying over 400K in debt at the end.... I figure this number might even be up to 450K with 2500$/month for rent... 600-1000$/ month for living cost and then the shear cost of tuition and supplies that they gave us in our interview. 333K for tuition, supplies, and fees and then for 36 months at around 3500 add another 120K so 450K total... I really want to go but dont know about the $$$ haha. I know the extra year might shave 100K off that figure but I think that is generous.