****Legitimate UoP Class of 2017 Thread****

Hey guys... I am married and got into UoP but also have other options. I was wondering who else is in my situation and what are you doing to pay for the school/ justifying over 400K in debt at the end.... I figure this number might even be up to 450K with 2500$/month for rent... 600-1000$/ month for living cost and then the shear cost of tuition and supplies that they gave us in our interview. 333K for tuition, supplies, and fees and then for 36 months at around 3500 add another 120K so 450K total... I really want to go but dont know about the $$$ haha. I know the extra year might shave 100K off that figure but I think that is generous.

I know that feeling. As so many have stated before me, price should realistically one of the largest factors in deciding. I'm not sure what your other options are, but personally, I find it hard to justify a 450k loan to a 300k loan, especially once you start factoring in interest rates. I've read the 450k number before too, so I'm pretty confident your approximation is right. While the 1-year difference is beneficial, I've read many explanations detailing that it's not as big of a difference as many think. In the end, you'll receive a quality education regardless of where you go. Good luck on your decision!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys... I am married and got into UoP but also have other options. I was wondering who else is in my situation and what are you doing to pay for the school/ justifying over 400K in debt at the end.... I figure this number might even be up to 450K with 2500$/month for rent... 600-1000$/ month for living cost and then the shear cost of tuition and supplies that they gave us in our interview. 333K for tuition, supplies, and fees and then for 36 months at around 3500 add another 120K so 450K total... I really want to go but dont know about the $$$ haha. I know the extra year might shave 100K off that figure but I think that is generous.
$2500 is only if you want to live right in the city in a nice place, but the school is one block from a bay station so you can easily commute to somewhere where rent is more like $1600

$2500 is only if you want to live right in the city in a nice place, but the school is one block from a bay station so you can easily commute to somewhere where rent is more like $1600

The new campus next year?

Members don't see this ad :)
The new campus next year?
Yeah, where it is now in Pacific heights the rent is really expensive, but since it's moving to SOMA you can live anywhere along the bart line and have an easy commute, so that open up more neighborhoods as well as the east bay

Yeah, where it is now in Pacific heights the rent is really expensive, but since it's moving to SOMA you can live anywhere along the bart line and have an easy commute, so that open up more neighborhoods as well as the east bay
Thanks for the reply. Did you decide on uop?

Has anyone gotten anything in the mail or an email after the acceptance phone call?

I just got invited for an interview, they left a message on my phone, but they didn't give me any dates. Did anyone else get invited today, and if so, what days did you get invited to interview at UoP?

Nevermind, I'm going there on February 3!!!!!!

Just submitted the deposit. HELLOOOOO Dugoni! So surreal!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite this morning. Feb 3rd!

hi do you guys know if interviews are still for a spot for c/o 2017 or waitlist now?

Accepted this morning!

I interviewed January 9th. They told us we would hear within 10 days, but I guess that meant 10 business days.
That's what they said yesterday, 10 business days. Stoked or what? You gonna attend??

Well after debating since dec 2 of weighing cost and benefits I have decided to decline my state school and go to UoP!!!!! Super excited. Where is the facebook group?

Just got the call! I'm in! C/O 2017!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! Still waiting to hear back.... Hoping for the same good news.
Thanks! She said she's been calling around today, I'm sure she's still calling. I wasn't expecting to hear back today at all... they said 10 business days last Thursday

Hey I interviewed with you last Thursday and got the call today. Was not expecting it to be this soon!

Hey I interviewed with you last Thursday and got the call today. Was not expecting it to be this soon!
Congrats! I was definitely not expecting it at all... What a quick turnover. Will you be attending?

Are they still giving out invites? Does anyone know how many seats have been filled for their class?

Congrats! I was definitely not expecting it at all... What a quick turnover. Will you be attending?
I'll be honest, I was nervous when I saw they were calling so soon. Yeah I think I will be. I messaged you about it.

Are they still giving out invites? Does anyone know how many seats have been filled for their class?
No idea, just give them a call or send an e-mail. They are very upfront and honest.

Reactions: 1 users

I just got a call this morning for an interview. They offered me the dates 2/20, 2/27, or 3/3. I actually wasn't expecting to hear back from them at all since I applied waaay back in July. Good luck to people still waiting for an invite!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interviewing this coming monday? Let's be friends

Just got the call! Look forward to meeting you guys soon!

I called them yesterday. They won't say how filled the class is. They simply tell you that they interview till end of march and that your file is still under review.

I called them yesterday. They won't say how filled the class is. They simply tell you that they interview till end of march and that your file is still under review.

The class is full. They are however still interviewing for alternate positions.

I just interviewed there this past monday and was told that the class is full but that they are expecting a few spots to open up as people withdraw their applications.

Interview Invite March 3rd. Hopefully there will be a seat available by the time I interview, haha.

Got my acceptance yesterday, very excited to meet everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Were you placed on the wait list after 10 days or straight out sent an acceptance?
wasn't on waitlist, just got the acceptance call. Had my interview on Feb 3rd

Have any recent interviewees been waitlisted/heard back?

Be on the lookout! Just got the call today off the waitlist. Interviewed beginning of February.

Good luck to everybody

Does UoP not send rejection letters to applicants not offered an interview? I haven't heard a word from them since I paid the supplemental fee 7 months ago...

Interviewed 2/20
Got waitlisted 3/25
They told me to call at the end of April to know which quartile I'm standing in.