Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Length of Job Accreditation Process?

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology Positions' started by YouISee, 01.21.12.

1. YouISee

YouISee

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey everyone,

After someone offers you a position, how long is the process for getting certified or accredited with the hospital?

I hear there is a lot of paperwork (besides the contract itself), lab tests (TB, urine, blah, blah), and even some stupid HR courses sometimes. That sounds like a lot of stuff to be doing while being a fellow.
  2. Bertelman

Bertelman Maverick!

Attending Physician
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    It was a lot of **** I had to do as a resident just to become a fellow, so I guess I expect nothing less as an attending, especially if I will be rotating at multiple hospitals.
  3. imfrankie

imfrankie Anesthesiologist

Attending Physician
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    It takes time, but much less if your first job. It's not bad.

Now Medicare sign-up, good grief. Maybe things have changed, but it took 9 months before I got paid for my first Medicare patient as a practitioner.
  4. ssmallz

ssmallz California Dreamin

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    takes about 3 months to get your privleges, 2 if you're really on top of your game
  5. aneftp

aneftp

Attending Physician
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Depends on how large the hospital/hospital system is.

As others stated, count on 3 months to get credendialing. Some places can get you temporary credentials within 3-4 weeks. But those are smaller hospital.

I started out a territory medical center. 900 bed plus. I originally got temporarily privileges right out of residency. But it took a full 4 months to get full active privileges.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal