Let me know what do you think ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YoungDr.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think that medicine is great because you can help people and that's the best feeling ever.
But do you enjoy your life during the studies and do you think that medicine students should have more fun , because we are studying like forever and do we need more fun?!
I wanna know your opinions
Thank you , future doctors.

Members don't see this ad.

Studying is fun. I don't see why I should prefer becoming intoxicated and dancing with sweaty people to repetitive electronic music or eating mid-grade sushi in the nearest large city just to post pictures online (#cityname #sushi #culture) so that people I haven't seen since high school can think I am cosmopolitan and sophisticated. It is so much more satisfying to read the latest journal articles or do USMLEWorld questions. I have instant access to every important (and unimportant) piece of scientific research published in all of human history. 400 years ago people were inventing **** at the same time because they lived in such an awful, technologically impoverished world that it took 2 decades for a discovery to travel 100 miles. And you propose to not read the latest articles so that you can sit in traffic or, worse yet, public transportation, to watch a movie that was manufactured to appeal to people with an IQ between 90 and 110? To sit mindlessly on a beach giving yourself skin cancer when you could otherwise be doing UW questions and having all of the excitement of actually being Sherlock Holmes for the brief 55 seconds it takes you to read and answer the question? To forfeit a single explosive release of dopamine when you see that green checkmark, and next to it the greatest prize of all: (13%). Thirteen percent. Out of every 8 medical students, who have spent their whole lives studying for this question, only you got it right. Oh that orgasmic release! Its like coming in front of all 60,000 medical students enrolled in US medical schools right now. Just watching your loins burn and your nucleus accumbens explode on the grandest stage of them all: the theatre of medical education. Now that sounds like a good time to me.

Reactions: 7 users
Studying is fun. I don't see why I should prefer becoming intoxicated and dancing with sweaty people to repetitive electronic music or eating mid-grade sushi in the nearest large city just to post pictures online (#cityname #sushi #culture) so that people I haven't seen since high school can think I am cosmopolitan and sophisticated. It is so much more satisfying to read the latest journal articles or do USMLEWorld questions. I have instant access to every important (and unimportant) piece of scientific research published in all of human history. 400 years ago people were inventing **** at the same time because they lived in such an awful, technologically impoverished world that it took 2 decades for a discovery to travel 100 miles. And you propose to not read the latest articles so that you can sit in traffic or, worse yet, public transportation, to watch a movie that was manufactured to appeal to people with an IQ between 90 and 110? To sit mindlessly on a beach giving yourself skin cancer when you could otherwise be doing UW questions and having all of the excitement of actually being Sherlock Holmes for the brief 55 seconds it takes you to read and answer the question? To forfeit a single explosive release of dopamine when you see that green checkmark, and next to it the greatest prize of all: (13%). Thirteen percent. Out of every 8 medical students, who have spent their whole lives studying for this question, only you got it right. Oh that orgasmic release! Its like coming in front of all 60,000 medical students enrolled in US medical schools right now. Just watching your loins burn and your nucleus accumbens explode on the grandest stage of them all: the theatre of medical education. Now that sounds like a good time to me.

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's beautiful

Reactions: 1 user

While I know you're being comedically hyperbolic, there is a lot of #truth #realtalk in this post.

thats good by you , but you need a little time-out man , sos a little dance and stuffs can be good for the motivation for learning , but when u have a great laboratory and stuffs that u can have fun im with you in that case.

But you look a litle bit lonley man , and u need to have some life outside studies and stuffs man off course its my own opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
dis16165_1277568096266.jpg

thats good by you , but you need a little time-out man , sos a little dance and stuffs can be good for the motivation for learning , but when u have a great laboratory and stuffs that u can have fun im with you in that case.

But you look a litle bit lonley man , and u need to have some life outside studies and stuffs man off course its my own opinion.

wot

To forfeit a single explosive release of dopamine when you see that green checkmark, and next to it the greatest prize of all: (13%). Thirteen percent. Out of every 8 medical students, who have spent their whole lives studying for this question, only you got it right. Oh that orgasmic release!

Just wanted you to know that I think about this post literally every time I get a low-percent question right in QBanks since reading it originally.