LETS SHARE - that which provides encouragement, motivation and hope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please contribute.

Come back when you feel discouraged or in need of hope and motivation.

Quotes, supportive statements from friends/relatives/clergy/etc., or anything that made you feel encouraged and hopeful.

Members don't see this ad.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Calvin Coolidge

This quote was on the wall in the John Payne Music Center in Boston where I played with one of my first bands.

Reactions: 1 user
A very brilliant man who is in my life once gave me some advice regarding if and how I should pursue my goals and dreams.

He said to me;
"Just do it" -Nike

Members don't see this ad :)
Momento mori.

You have one shot at this thing called life. Kick ass, be epic.

Reactions: 1 user
I have realized that one should completely and clearly understand what studying and preparing for the MCAT entails. It means that the MCAT is #1 to get done every day (minus break days). That it's self is a profound statement. No one will understand what this mean , except for ones in it or going throught it. It means that I have to put aside and say NO to myself and to others when it comes to other things (except for self care things like exercisa, eat, sleep etc that supplement my MCAT goals).

It will be over before we know.

Dicipline.

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"

Rocky Balboa