Let's swap positions: PGY-2 psychiatry residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dermovich

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a PGY-2 psychiatry resident at Cornell. I have no complaints about the training of the program, but for a variety of other reasons I need to transfer out of the program. Are there any PGY-2's out there from a different program that wish to swap with me? I will entertain any program, don't hesitate to contact me.

Members don't see this ad.

http://apps.psychiatry.org/clearinghouse/
This usually has a few PGY-II openings posted. The lack of geographic preferences in your post make you look like you are running away from your program for some reason. If your reasons are external to your program, I suggest you make that clear during an interview, or at least be ready to answer questions about why. Good luck.

Yeah this is quite suspicious. There's nothing wrong with the program, but you want to be somewhere else, anywhere else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I said I am willing to entertain any program because I don't want to prevent people from lesser programs from contacting me. It doesn't mean that I am going to ACCEPT a swap from any program. I have my reasons for wanting to switch, but that is something I can talk about privately with whoever is considering.

you don't get to swap positions. you can announce you're leaving, and then the cornell PD will fill your vacated spot. you're on your own to find another spot, though you'll doubtless find something out there....

you don't get to swap positions. you can announce you're leaving, and then the cornell PD will fill your vacated spot. you're on your own to find another spot, though you'll doubtless find something out there....

I agree with your post, but the OP last posted in July. Either they found another spot or maybe changed their mind.