Letter of intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Dazzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Do you have any advice regarding coming up with a letter of intent for wait list schools?

How should it be organized and what should it contain? Who should it be addressed to?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

Do you have any advice regarding coming up with a letter of intent for wait list schools?

How should it be organized and what should it contain? Who should it be addressed to?

Thanks

I think it's frowned upon to send a letter of intent to multiple schools.... I guess you could do it and risk the bad karma, but I'd say pick your favorite one, tell them you would go there absolutely if admitted, and just send interest letters to the other schools. It bothers schools to receive a letter that says I will attend if accepted, and then they let you in and you don't go.

I think it's frowned upon to send a letter of intent to multiple schools.... I guess you could do it and risk the bad karma, but I'd say pick your favorite one, tell them you would go there absolutely if admitted, and just send interest letters to the other schools. It bothers schools to receive a letter that says I will attend if accepted, and then they let you in and you don't go.
This why no school believes them.

All the adcoms I've seen presenting information in a seminar have told me Letters of Intent mean absolutely nothing more than a Letter of Interest.

Take that what you will, but I would just send normal Letters of Interest to those schools with updates and a speech why you'd make a great fit for their school.