Letter of Rec storage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omega8bit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of getting LORs and I plan to use Interfolio. This is fine if I'm applying next year or the year after that, right? I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I'm assuming that Interfolio will hold my LORs until I need them, whenever that may be. But please let me know if I'm mistaken or if there's a better way of doing this if I'm not immediately applying.

Members don't see this ad.

That sounds right
I use interfolio, glad i do
you store everything, upload it to amcas
you pay to deliver it to amcas, but its a one time fee. everytime you upload after that intial time is free (to that 1 institution).
dosent seem your storage on letters expire, granted your letters may be dated from this year by your letter writers

That sounds right
I use interfolio, glad i do
you store everything, upload it to amcas
you pay to deliver it to amcas, but its a one time fee. everytime you upload after that intial time is free (to that 1 institution).
dosent seem your storage on letters expire, granted your letters may be dated from this year by your letter writers
There's no expiration on letters if you are subscribed, but if you do not have a current, active account, the letters will be lost after 5 years' time.