Letter of rec taking forever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allaboutteeth5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your application HAS been mailed out , and once they receive the letter it will be marked as complete.

Reactions: 1 user
Your app wasn't mailed out? That doesn't make sense...It should be mailed without the LORs...that is one of the few parts of your application you can edit after e-submitting

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep us up to date. I believe your applications are sent to the schools, but for the schools that require a letter of recommendation from a dentist will mark you as incomplete.

hm weird, because under my school designations it says "not mailed"

update: still not summited!!! This is like my third time asking him, and he's had it since June!! I am freaking out!!

Go to his office and ask him in person. Later, thank him for the letter of recommendation and emphasized if there is anything else you would need help with? He might asks you to give him bullets to talk about or simply asks you to write it yourself. I am not sure if the letter of recommendation is written yet because he should have sent it a long time ago.

Hey guys, so I summited my app at the end of june, but am still waiting on one more letter of rec which means my application hasn't been mailed out to my schools. I called the doctor today and he said he should have it out today...is it completely too late?!

Forget those pricks.

Their noses are too high.... And they are always busy.....

Committee letters seem to be a pain in the butt.....

Forget them....

Get in contact with professors...

Switch gears, cause the committee will not rush for you,

You are just another person asking for a LOR.....

i would be more worried about your "not mailed" status...

i would be more worried about your "not mailed" status...
Same. Are all of your transcripts in? Fees paid? It should have been mailed. I'd contact AADSAS and find out why.

As for as the LOR, at this point, I would write up a letter for myself and send it to the dentist. Tell him he can change whatever necessary and to submit it. I gave all of my writers a hard deadline and when one of them did not meet it, I sent her a letter like I just told you and I got the notification that it was sent later that day.

Reactions: 1 user