Letter of Reccomendation Requirements. Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TreeofRoses

Hey everyone!

I also had a question about the LOR in addition to the OAT question I posted earlier.

My question is: Is it okay to submit 3 LOR: 1 from professor, 1 from optometrist, and 1 from manager from optometry related work.

I know for some schools such as PCO and others it says you need 2 letters from professors and 1 from optometrist, but the list above seems to be the best option for me.

I would really appreciate any insight because if this list is not acceptable, then I have to get in contact soon with another professor which will be very difficult for me!

If anyone has applied before or knows if this is okay, please let me know. Thanks a lot!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would get one from another professor if that is what the school wants. They really like the professor letters, especially if they were a prof that you worked with either in a club or some sort of school activity. I would throw in the other one if you can, but definitely get another professor.

The manager LOR may look good if you already had two professors. If you don't than don't bother submitting the manager's LOR.

Members don't see this ad :)
call their admissions and ask their opinion.

That's actually exactly what I did! I submitted two from professors and the other two were also from my optometrist and my manager and LensCrafters and all of the schools I applied to were totally fine with it (PCO included)!

Those are the letters I submitted. 1 optometrist, 1 professor and my manager from the optical I work at. The only problem I had with that is that PCO wanted me to submit a second professor letter. It was a condition of my enrollment. I actually ended up accepting a seat at RSO and they did not require another letter so it depends on what school you want to attend.