letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daisy123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If I apply to pharmacy school for one year and don't get in can I use the same letters of recommendation to apply for the following year? Or will I have to get new letters written again? I either applying for 2015 or 2016 school year but want to get the letters earlier. Also how do the letters work? Do the people that are writing the letters send it directly to pharmcas? I am worried that if I apply a year letter the admission committee may be concerned that the letters are old. Can someone please guide me? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Whoever is writing your letters are supposed to submit them to pharmcas. Could you contact whoever wrote them before asking them to revise them and submit them? That's what I would recommend, I don't know if it matters if you use old letter or not though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

If I apply to pharmacy school for one year and don't get in can I use the same letters of recommendation to apply for the following year? Or will I have to get new letters written again? I either applying for 2015 or 2016 school year but want to get the letters earlier. Also how do the letters work? Do the people that are writing the letters send it directly to pharmcas? I am worried that if I apply a year letter the admission committee may be concerned that the letters are old. Can someone please guide me? Thanks!
If you don't mind me asking, can I please know what your stats were for GPA and PCAT, the # of schools you applied to, and the time that you submitted your full application?

The reason I ask is because I'm applying now but I haven't heard of many people that don't get accepted somewhere.

If you can that would help if not its ok I understand.