Letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Archie376

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys/girls
I was just wondering when schools begin to consider applicants for interviews. My designated schools should have my DAT scores and application hard copies at the schools by the end of this week or beginning of next week. My Recommendation letters need to still be prepared by my pre-health office in Binghamton. I was just wondering if the schools will need the letters before they consider me for interviews.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know most schools want those letters with the APP asap. Some of my schools said they wouldn't even look at me untill everything was completed, including the LOR's.
Good luck!

Most schools will not look at your app until it is complete, this means LORs must be there too. Last year I had the same problem as you, with my letters arriving late. I had my entire application sent in by June and AADSAS mailed it out in July, but my committee letter was not received by schools until october! The committee did not understand that schools will not look at your app until everything is complete so my app sat at all the dental schools for nearly two and half months before anyone looked at them. So I guess my advice to you would be, get your committee to write those letters soon! You can also save a lot of time by having them sent directly to the schools and not to AADSAS because that will probably add on at least another month. good luck

crapp. thanks guys