Letter of recommendations requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RuffDay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

As I am preparing to apply for dental school this upcoming cycle, I wanted to ensure that I have the right letter of recommendations. Currently, I have two letter of recommendations from my science courses and will be applying broadly (15-25 schools). These courses are biology lab on paper, but these classes do have a lecture component as well. My last letter is from a dentist that I shadowed for the past 2 years.

My question: Is there any other letter of recommendation that are required for some out of state schools, for example, a letter from a non-science or any other specific science course ?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ya, Loma Linda requires a letter from a priest or someone similar. Look up recommendation requirements for each school and call them about it they require something funky.

Ya, Loma Linda requires a letter from a priest or someone similar. Look up recommendation requirements for each school and call them about it they require something funky.

Thanks! I wasn't planning to apply to Loma Linda and the other school that requires a recommendation from a volunteer coordinator.