General Admissions & OTCAS Letter of Recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aliq

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

It's my first year applying to OT schools and I've been super stressed out/nervous/anxious about the whole situation. One of the biggest thing that's stressing me out is obtaining letters of rec from professors. Does it matter what subject the professors taught? For example, will a Physiology Professor's letter of rec carry more weight than say a Ceramics Professor's or Personal Development Prof's letter?

I just sent out emails to my Anatomy and Physiology prof, and while I did receive an A in both courses and I talked to them in class, I don't consider myself to have that close of a relationship with either. On the other hand, I just finished a ceramics course (for 3D art pre-req at one of the schools I'm applying to) and I know that prof. loves me and asked me to take her class again next semester.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Your letter of recommendation should be from anyone who can speak highly of you, though your physiology professor would be preferred, if he/she can only give you a mediocre recommendation, I would suggest you stick with your ceramics professor. I read somewhere that schools may contact your references if they need help narrowing students down so choose wisely!