Letter Of Recs - Which ones to use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasBelle87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have 5 letters of Rec that I could possibly use

- 2 are from my PI's from previous research. I used these letters when I applied in 2008. One from University of Houston and one from Baylor College of Medicine (I have 4 publications under this PI)

- I also did a year in a formal Post Bacc program, I received a letter from the director of the program who is also a Dean at the school and an M.D.

- Lastly, since I didn't have any science letters I obtained 2 letters from pharmacology professors in my post bacc program.

So...all together I have 5 letters now, on my AMCAS I added the 2 PI letters, the deans letter and 1 pharmacology professor letter. Is this too much?

Which letters should I use? Should I save some to send to schools later for updates? Please Help! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have 5 letters of Rec that I could possibly use

- 2 are from my PI's from previous research. I used these letters when I applied in 2008. One from University of Houston and one from Baylor College of Medicine (I have 4 publications under this PI)

- I also did a year in a formal Post Bacc program, I received a letter from the director of the program who is also a Dean at the school and an M.D.

- Lastly, since I didn't have any science letters I obtained 2 letters from pharmacology professors in my post bacc program.

So...all together I have 5 letters now, on my AMCAS I added the 2 PI letters, the deans letter and 1 pharmacology professor letter. Is this too much?

Which letters should I use? Should I save some to send to schools later for updates? Please Help! :confused:

I would definately save one for later. I personally saved one of my good ones to send out after my interviews