Letters of Rec question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDoe12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys and girls, I am applying to both DO and MD schools this cycle, but I am a little confused on the process of my letters of recommendation. I have had two professors ask where and who they should send their written letters to. How does this process go about? Isn't it easier to just have them upload the letters of rec electronically so that I may use them for the schools I wish to apply to, rather than sending them a ling list of the schools addresses? Do I use ACCOMAS for my DO and AAMC for MD?

Help please!!

Members don't see this ad.

AACOMAS opens up tomorrow and the new server allows your LOR writers to submit their letters directly to AACOMAS. Then the schools you select to apply to will recieve your letters as part of your primary application. So tomorrow hop on over to AACOMAS and the directions will be on there.

For AMCAS, someone else need to reply for that is out of my range of knowledge

Okay guys and girls, I am applying to both DO and MD schools this cycle, but I am a little confused on the process of my letters of recommendation. I have had two professors ask where and who they should send their written letters to. How does this process go about? Isn't it easier to just have them upload the letters of rec electronically so that I may use them for the schools I wish to apply to, rather than sending them a ling list of the schools addresses? Do I use ACCOMAS for my DO and AAMC for MD?

Help please!!
Do you have a good premed advisor? I had all of my letters sent directly to my advisor, and she uploaded them in a letter packet to both application services.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have a good premed advisor? I had all of my letters sent directly to my advisor, and she uploaded them in a letter packet to both application services.
One of the letters of recommendation is coming from my advisor who was my professor as well, but I don't have a "pre med" advisor per se. I graduated in December so I am no longer at the University.

AACOMAS opens up tomorrow and the new server allows your LOR writers to submit their letters directly to AACOMAS. Then the schools you select to apply to will recieve your letters as part of your primary application. So tomorrow hop on over to AACOMAS and the directions will be on there.

For AMCAS, someone else need to reply for that is out of my range of knowledge
THANK YOU! this makes sense. That is the information I will send to my professor. Can anyone explain how to have these letters uploaded to AMCAS???

THANK YOU! this makes sense. That is the information I will send to my professor. Can anyone explain how to have these letters uploaded to AMCAS???

If I remember correctly, you can "add" letters of recommendation in your app. You fill out forms for each letter writer, which then either emails the writer or allows you to print a form (I forget which) giving them instructions on how to do it. I think this is how I remember it; I could be wrong though. Check out AMCAS's application guide; it should outline all of this for you.

I personally would recommend Interfolio.

You just make an account ($20 for a year) and then have your writers upload your letters there. You can then send them to AMCAS and AACOMAS without involving your recommender again. Of course, as mentioned above, if you have an active adviser you could have them upload the packet twice for you.