Letters of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jccalalafc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many letters of recommendation are needed for the application, and are there certain requirements for them, such as getting a particular number of science professor letters? Also, is a composite letter necessary for pod schools, or are just the three letters enough? I ask just because med schools require them.

Members don't see this ad.

How many letters of recommendation are needed for the application, and are there certain requirements for them, such as getting a particular number of science professor letters? Also, is a composite letter necessary for pod schools, or are just the three letters enough? I ask just because med schools require them.

You don't want to search at all?

The nine schools vary slightly. I know the NYCPM desires a committee letter but its not required. You can send them three letters of recommendations as an alternative. I believe Ohio desires two recs plus a letter from a podiatrist. Check their websites or call their admissions office.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to Temple's website they require 2 letters from health professionals one of which needs to be a podiatrist. So 4 in total, if a committe write your letter 3 letters is needed total

http://www.temple.edu/healthadvising/brochure_Podiatric_Medicine.htm

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

According to Temple's website they require 2 letters from health professionals one of which needs to be a podiatrist. So 4 in total, if a committe write your letter 3 letters is needed total

http://www.temple.edu/healthadvising/brochure_Podiatric_Medicine.htm

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
Youre right, but when I interviewed they told me that I needed another letter of rec "from a podiatrist" even though they already had one letter from a podiatrist. I'm not sure why they said that.. but either way you need two letters from a health care professional (1 being a podiatrist). So I stand corrected.

All the other schools I applied/interviewed at only required 1 letter from a podiatrist (as well as pre-health advisor/professor letters).

i didn't know temple required four letters i got in with three letters,

two science professors and one podiatrist and i got an interview from temple and was accepted, and i got accepted two other schools with scholarships,

i applied this current and on going cycle. so i don't know if somebody else has different take.