Letters of Recommendation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AgentGreen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a math major, so I had two math professors and a physics professor write letters of recommendation. I found out, though, that some of the schools I applied to do not count math professors as science professors. So, I was wondering what to do. I took biology and general chemistry freshman year, and I don't think those professors remember me at all. I took organic chem last year, and maybe they remember me, but being a non chem major I haven't interacted with them since then. Is it typical to go to a professor that you haven't talked to in a year for a LOR? He definitely knew me back then, but it's been a whole year since.

I'm kind of frustrated as a math major, since the professors that know me best and that I have TA'd for, etc, are my math professors.

Members don't see this ad.

take another biology class

If you did well, usually they understand. See if they're available to sit down and chat sometime to get to know you better so that they are able to write you a stronger letter.

That or you can always take another science class...=O

Unfortunately taking another class isn't an option. In fact, between my pre med requirements, math major requirements, and general education requirements (I go to a small liberal arts school), I don't have room to take electives that I want to.