letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdocftw

M4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reapplicant here!

Just had a quick question regarding LORs. Do letter writers have access to the letters they've written previously (an online location where letters are stored?) Or does one have to hope the writers saved the letters from the previous cycle?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I really hope so...I can't imagine asking my letter writers to rewrite the letter..and there has to be a database they go through (one would hope). Contacted one of my writers...so we'll find out soon enough.

For amcas, the letters last year weren't stored and I had to resend them through interfolio. I'd highly recommend using interfolio since I felt like the process for the letter writers is easier with no repetitive work for them if you'll be applying md and do.

Members don't see this ad :)
quick question: since we're reapplying, do we need to make our letter writers write new letters and submit them again, or can we just use the letters we used last year if we have them saved on interfolio. Obviously i'm going to change up the letters and have a new one, but for the ones that are the same, is it frowned down upon if they are completely the same as last year's?

So...my letter writers "updated" their letters with new information I provided them with. Obviously..they aren't significantly different..but at least they are as updated as possible? Im not sure what else to do...I graduated so I haven't been in contact with my professors for over a year.