Coursework & Fieldwork Level II FIeldwork

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naijagirl90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall!

I know Level IIs are approaching for many of us, and I was just wondering what settings you guys got placed at? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey yall!

I know Level IIs are approaching for many of us, and I was just wondering what settings you guys got placed at? :)

I am currently on week 6 of my first level II. It's an Out-Patient Pediatric setting.

I have two very challenging placements- one of which is a upper extremity one. I find it a bit daunting right now and wonder if I should not have asked for it :)
Congrats, what are the primary diagnoses you see (more ortho/hands, or neuro)? And no, I think you will be very glad, come board exam time, to have had the experience. As much as we're not just the "fine motor" people, upper extremity is a HUGE part of what we do. I did two pediatric-focused Level IIs, but one was at an outpatient clinic that also served adults, and I got to work with adults with neuro diagnoses once a week, and it was incredibly valuable, especially when prepping for the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my assignments! Summer will be an inpatient subacute rehab and fall will be an acute care hospital setting. I'm excited and nervous about both!

Reactions: 2 users
I am placed at a long term acute care hospital for summer and I am super nervous but excited!

Hey everyone I've just been accepted into OT school and know that the Level 2 fieldworks are not paid. What are your thoughts on that? and why haven't there been any changes? I'm sure it can be very difficult working full-time and not getting anything to pay for living expenses.

Hey everyone I've just been accepted into OT school and know that the Level 2 fieldworks are not paid. What are your thoughts on that? and why haven't there been any changes? I'm sure it can be very difficult working full-time and not getting anything to pay for living expenses.
Because it's a class that you pay tuition for, and is required to get your degree. There is no reason that they would pay us. Yup, it sucks to work full-time for 6 months and not get paid, but people find ways to make it work. I busted my hump working part time throughout my program and saved money, and then I worked weekends during Level IIs.

Because it's a class that you pay tuition for, and is required to get your degree. There is no reason that they would pay us. Yup, it sucks to work full-time for 6 months and not get paid, but people find ways to make it work. I busted my hump working part time throughout my program and saved money, and then I worked weekends during Level IIs.
School psychs have a year long internship where they get a stipend. I think that would be great, but then we'd need to extend our fieldworks to make it worthwhile for places to take us on.

Hi everyone, I'm almost half way through my second Level II rotation. I did my first rotation in acute care and I am now at an outpatient ped's clinic. I'm finding the workload to be quite overwhelming as I continue taking on more and more of the caseload. I am working on coming up with an idea for my in service but haven't come across any emerging research areas or intervention methods in pediatrics that have caught my eye. I'd like my topic to be informative for the therapists who have been working in pediatrics for a while. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)