PhD/PsyD LGB Research Focus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheTailor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, y'all. I'm finishing up an undergraduate program in psychology and taking a two-year break before I jump into a doctoral program.

I'm in the process of making a list of APA-accredited programs to apply for. My research interests include spirituality of LGB clients, and I'm trying to identify schools that are making progress in that area. My top three schools are Teachers College, University of Maryland, and Indiana University.

Anybody on here who can recommend schools making progress in either spirituality or LGB issues?

Members don't see this ad.

That would be sexual appropriation.

;)

Reactions: 1 user
What? I'm confused because that doesn't seem related to my question at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if I would be looking specifically at schools but rather advisors.

I am assuming you might be thinking about UMD for Mohr? Just some names of the top of my head that might be taking graduate students and have an LGBT focus: Dawn Syzmanski, Mike Parent (on SDN but I think he does more body image work), David Pantalone, Steve Safren (more behavioral medicine), Bonnie Moradi, and Jane Somoni. Not an exhaustive list however and not focused specifically on spirituality and LGBT populations but I imagine their background would be more than sufficient to lead you in the right direction.

Most of the time, if you have a research interest in an intersection of areas it's sufficient to have a mentor who has expertise in one area and is open to the other, rather than trying to find someone who does both.

Reactions: 2 users