About the ads

LGBT NHSC/PHS Alumni - Your Thoughts and Opinions?

Discussion in 'National Health Service Corps|Public Heath Service' started by OnTheOtherHand, Apr 7, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. OnTheOtherHand

OnTheOtherHand The Voice of GeneCo

Pre-Medical

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I was wondering, which NHSC/PHS sites are gay and lesbian-friendly? I mean, common sense would indicate that the BOP may not be so gay friendly and working with any federal agency isn't exactly good for any LGBT-person but I was wondering if you knew of any that might be acceptable to serve out the service requirement?
  2. Voltron2010

Voltron2010

Dentist
    LOL. I am not LGBT, but I did do an internship for BOP, and I have to agree with you about them. They did not like that my views leaned left compared to theirs, and basically my internship was a waste because they never let see any patients, so I just sat there for the duration of the internship. I did do IHS after graduation and that was completely different very laid back and no one seems to care what you do outside of work as long as you dont get in trouble with the law.