Liberty University COM (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh nice! =D and you heard from them today?
I hope to be a fellow classmate should you decide to come here =D
Just anxiously waiting for a decision

I actually heard from them about 1.5 weeks after I interviewed, but I forgot to post it on here until today =)
I have an interview at a MD school in my home state in November, so I'll wait and see how that goes before I confirm my acceptance. Hope you get in as well! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I actually heard from them about 1.5 weeks after I interviewed, but I forgot to post it on here until today =)
I have an interview at a MD school in my home state in November, so I'll wait and see how that goes before I confirm my acceptance. Hope you get in as well! When did you interview?
2 weeks ago! hopefully i hear from them soon =D

Nervously waiting for the decision. Most likely today or tomorrow by the trend of things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!!! Interviewed 9/18
Virginia Home.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,

Having read LUCOM's admission requirements, it looks like they screen MCAT scores at 24 with no section below an 8. I have a 23 (8/7/8), with the score from a retake on its way. The way the class is shaping up, do you guys think I should go ahead and apply now or should I wait until I get my score that way I don't get autoscreened? I'm confident I got the equivalent of at least a 25. Thank you!

How soon until you get your second MCAT score? I would wait until you get the score back, because the 7 may be too low.
I'm accepted here right now with a score of 28 (9/9/10) if that helps.

Reactions: 1 user
How soon until you get your second MCAT score? I would wait until you get the score back, because the 7 may be too low.
I'm accepted here right now with a score of 28 (9/9/10) if that helps.

It won't be for another 2.5 weeks, but it'd be nice to at least get my application in the stack. Thanks for the feedback!

It won't be for another 2.5 weeks, but it'd be nice to at least get my application in the stack. Thanks for the feedback!
I would apply! I had a PS score of 7 and they still interviewed me. They really seem to look at the whole applicant.

Accepted!! Interviewed 9/18

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear back from my 9/25 interview, but I'm hoping to join you both with good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Liberty done handing out secondaries? I heard they were only giving out a very limited number.

Found out I was waitlisted. I'm really disappointed =( A waitlist and a rejection all in two days. I would have really liked this school.

How long does it take to get a response after submitting secondary?

Interviewed on 9/25 and haven't heard from them since!

Interviewed 9/25, and got the call yesterday that I was lucky and fortunate to have an acceptance. It was a good moment. :)

For those that may not know, I think you are able to track your status if you log into myLU and click on ASIST on the top left corner under my accounts, then click General Information, then click Applicant Status. My only disclaimer is I don't know how up to date it is; I got the call yesterday and it just changed today a few hours ago.
(I got this info on last year's thread)

Found out I was waitlisted. I'm really disappointed =( A waitlist and a rejection all in two days. I would have really liked this school.
At least with waitlists, they tend to turn around very quickly this time of year. Keep looking up!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know the story or the run down of this school's clerkships?

For those of you who have already interviewed this year, were there alot of behavioral-type questions and also did they ask you any science related stuff. I know some people were writing about that last year

Can anyone provide me with some recent interview feedback? Please feel free to PM me. I'm excited to see this school!

Does anyone know how long the summer break is between OMS1 and OMS2?
I think they mentioned that it is about a month? I'm not so sure. If you're asking because of the Army's HPSP, you might be able to do a 'Paper Tour' during that time instead of serving your 45 days as training.

I think they mentioned that it is about a month? I'm not so sure. If you're asking because of the Army's HPSP, you might be able to do a 'Paper Tour' during that time instead of serving your 45 days as training.

I will contact the admission and ask. Thanks!

I will contact the admission and ask. Thanks!
Yeah, let me know what you find out, because I'm applying to the HPSP right now as well. The guy I talked to said that if you only have a 30 day period between years, then you can go for that, but then do your OBC (mandatory 45 day) after graduating from LUCOM. For the other years you would still just go shadow the other officer/physicians and other stuff.

Wow Liberty really knows how to make a person wait post-interview! Longest I've had to wait yet for a school.

@jpmiz were you wait listed post interview???
Stats? Why do you think you were waitlisted?

That is weird! Well they always say no news is good news, so hopefully it means you were accepted!

Hey guys, a little late posting here, but I got accepted!!!!!!!!!! I got the call from the Dean about last week-ish.

From my experience, the school is great. The facilities are brand spankin' new and look really nice. They even have a field for paintballing. The location and view of the school is amazing. But what I liked the most were the people. Everyone was so welcoming, and from talking with the students, there really doesn't seem to be the gunner mentality a lot of schools have. A number of students just came up and talked to me when I was done with my interview. I know this school gets a lot of heat on this site, but I really suggest applying and interviewing here if you get the chance.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Congrats on the acceptance!! I interviewed recently and I am eager already to hear back. So I was told that the general consensus is two weeks to make a decision after an interview offer is extended. I've also been told that it was 1 month. Anyways, did LUCOM let you know how much time you have to make a decision? I'm honestly very interested in matriculating here so it would be a quick decision for me, but having some time to evaluate other offers would be nice.

Congrats on the acceptance!! I interviewed recently and I am eager already to hear back. So I was told that the general consensus is two weeks to make a decision after an interview offer is extended. I've also been told that it was 1 month. Anyways, did LUCOM let you know how much time you have to make a decision? I'm honestly very interested in matriculating here so it would be a quick decision for me, but having some time to evaluate other offers would be nice.

I don't know the answer to your question exactly, but for me, the calendar I chose the dates from only went up to a certain date. I ended up choosing the last date available to me.

Anyone know what percentage of interviewees that they accept?

I don't know the answer to your question exactly, but for me, the calendar I chose the dates from only went up to a certain date. I ended up choosing the last date available to me.

I'm sorry I said that incorrectly. I was wondering how much time they give you to decide after an acceptance offer is extended.

I'm sorry I said that incorrectly. I was wondering how much time they give you to decide after an acceptance offer is extended.

Have to pay a deposit of $500 on 12/14 and then within 30 days afterwards, they ask for a $1500 deposit.

Accepted!!! Liberty is a great school!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!! Im definately going to liberty. Amazing school! I interviewed on 10/12 and my stats: 3.6cgpa, 3.5sgpa, MCAT 27 9/9/9.

Reactions: 1 users
Phone call or email acceptance?

Last edited: