Liberty University COM (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if the interviews are closed or open file?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Denied acceptance post-interview. Loved the view and the facility but didn't feel like a fit in.

I was told they have everything except the grades.

Hey zincmask, I have a question if I may. For the biochem requirement for your year did you have the lab? Some people said that they were not strict on this requirement so I am wondering.

Hey zincmask, I have a question if I may. For the biochem requirement for your year did you have the lab? Some people said that they were not strict on this requirement so I am wondering.

My Biochem class was 3 credit hour, with no lab. Had no issue getting in.

Verified 10/26. Secondary submitted 11/1. II today. That was quick lol

Only dates listed are through 11/17. Anyone know if more dates are going to be added before 2016?

Last edited:
Verified 10/16, Secondary submitted 10/23, Interviewing 11/10.

Anyone else interviewing that day? and have you seen the itenerary? Mine isn't showing up....

Can't wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take to get a decision after interview? and is the decision via phone or email?

So I'm not a med student, and I don't know any answers to admissions questions. But this place was very helpful to me last year as we tried to figure out where to attend, so I thought I'd post and offer any help I could. I'm a mom of a bunch of kids and my hubby is a first year med student at Liberty. I'd be happy to help answer any area questions.

Verified 10/16, Secondary submitted 10/23, Interviewing 11/10.

Anyone else interviewing that day? and have you seen the itenerary? Mine isn't showing up....

Can't wait!
Did your itinerary show up? I'm interviewing in a week and mine isn't showing. I'm wondering if I should contact the admissions office.

Did your itinerary show up? I'm interviewing in a week and mine isn't showing. I'm wondering if I should contact the admissions office.

If you email them, they will email it right away. That's what happened with me.

Does LUCOM offer a student host option for interview day?

Does LUCOM offer a student host option for interview day?

No, there is not a student host program at this time. There are two hotels though, literally right outside the airport, both of which are 3 minutes driving from the med school, or like 15 minutes walking (highly NOT recommended, Lynchburg is nicknamed the Hill City...)

No, there is not a student host program at this time. There are two hotels though, literally right outside the airport, both of which are 3 minutes driving from the med school, or like 15 minutes walking (highly NOT recommended, Lynchburg is nicknamed the Hill City...)
Shouldn't you be studying for your CPH Final?

Thanks for the reply! I'm taking the train in (from Baltimore) any idea/suggestions about hotels near the train station/how to get to campus from there?

Is it inappropriate to contact a current student and ask to bunk with them for the night before? Really low on funds...

Thanks for the reply! I'm taking the train in (from Baltimore) any idea/suggestions about hotels near the train station/how to get to campus from there?

Is it inappropriate to contact a current student and ask to bunk with them for the night before? Really low on funds...

Some students may be more comfortable with it than others. I might put the feeler out here, and ask that if any students are willing, maybe they could contact you. Either way, I would plan like it isn't going to happen and be prepared to bite the bullet and get a room. I know it sucks, but such is life on the interview trail.

The last thing you could do is contact admissions and student services and see if they have any tips or advice.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Any current students lurking here willing to host a prospective student? PM me please

What did you guys think of the 4000 year old dinosaur bone exhibit when you visited lmao?

Yeah interviewing in two days and I still haven't seen the itinerary. I'll probably just contact admissions tomorrow. Getting excited!

is there anyway to find out if u are accepted via the online website?

Does anyone have the link to that Facebook group they made recently?

Is this anyone's first choice (honestly and not sarcastically). Please only answer if you APPLIED HERE. All the pictures that I've seen look like they did a good job with the new tech equipment.

Denied acceptance post-interview. Loved the view and the facility but didn't feel like a fit in.
The facility is one of the best I have ever seen. No one can deny that if you are being honest. How about that view???? Unbelievable location! Just not a good fit for me last year but I wished them the best of luck. The people I met last year were good people! I want all osteopathic medical schools to succeed! Love the school I eventually picked. We all have a Plan that is made for us!

Has anyone who was accepted this month received their physical acceptance letter in the mail yet?

Did they say they were mailing physical letters?

Same^^ I really want to know. This school was awesome! Does anyone know if we get all the privileges to enter the gym, football games, etc. as the undergrads?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone put their deposit in yet?
If so are you OOS?

Accepted!!! So excited about this incredible school

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today as well!!! I'm still in shock! I can't wait to meet all of you next year!

Reactions: 2 users