Liberty University COM (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got one ethical questions and a few questions on religion but nothing too bad. But I'm a Christian so being able to discuss religion, even if it's uncomfortable (try talking about Old Testament Judaic law n such vs. New Testament faith) is part of it. When they saw my mission trips they wanted to know if my faith was something nominal (i.e. for the sake of getting in) or not. I did have to think about my answers, but like I said, nothing too bad. They really just want to know if you're genuine.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, current first year here. Figured I'd check in and see if you guys had any questions.

Just tag/quote me and I'll be happy to help!

Members don't see this ad :)
August 22 you?

September 15, but I think you should still be okay. At my interview they said they'll take up to a month.. I hope you hear back soon!

Edit: I've seen people get accepted at the 4-5 week mark from last years cycle when I stalked the thread.

Reactions: 1 user
September 15, but I think you should still be okay. At my interview they said they'll take up to a month.. I hope you hear back soon!

Edit: I've seen people get accepted at the 4-5 week mark from last years cycle when I stalked the thread.

okay i hope you're right! I'm just nervous because i talked to students when i was there and they said no more than 2 weeks and i thought people from last year's thread were accepted after 2 weeks... but i guess we'll see :)

I interviewed late August and have yet to hear anything

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I interviewed on the 29th and heard back a few days later. I remember them saying the committee was meeting that afternoon so the people from around the 29th may or may not have to wait for the next round of decisions.

29!

Me too! And I haven't heard back either. Although I know someone from our group got in last week--I interviewed with him at SOMA too.

Does that mean rejections or wait lists for those of us that haven't heard yet?

Me too! And I haven't heard back either. Although I know someone from our group got in last week--I interviewed with him at SOMA too.

Does that mean rejections or wait lists for those of us that haven't heard yet?

the wait is real... -_-

Wait listed.

I finally called today after no answer for 5 weeks. They said an email should have been sent, but I never got one.

Maybe they sent it in on your Libety email. I remember the director saying to check Liberty email from that point on.
What are your stats if you don't mind sharing or you can PM it to me.

I did check my Liberty mail. Multiple times a day, lol. I didn't get an email to either Liberty or my home account.

25 MCAT. 3.32 overall 3.27 science.
10 years as a healthcare professional.

That's strange.. I remember them saying they typically call if you're wait listed. They only stay silent (or send you an email) if you're rejected. I could be wrong about this, especially since you said you confirmed it, but it is odd that you got no form of communication about it.

Oh I agree, for sure. I didn't want to bug them, but I did finally call and that's what the admissions staff told me. That my status was waitlist, and I should have been notified already.

Was your applicant portal updated?

It's possible. Or they're just running behind and you'll get the call later this week! Who knows :)
I have a feeling they sent out emails that didn't get to a bunch of us cause aren't there a lot of people in the same boat? I'm worried cause people from my interview got accepted very soon after and one person got a rejection last week so idk

I have a feeling they sent out emails that didn't get to a bunch of us cause aren't there a lot of people in the same boat? I'm worried cause people from my interview got accepted very soon after and one person got a rejection last week so idk

Just call them. Then you'll know for sure.

In that case, I imagine I've been waitlisted too

Edit: if not mega-rejected. Where they reject you so hard they don't even tell you.

well he did say that a batch of emails are to be sent out monday for the waitlist so maybe you're in that batch, or a later one since i interviewed earlier than you. crossing my fingers though cause i loved lucom and all the people there, it really clicked for me :(

So let's say me and hopefullyafuturedostudent get waitlisted on Monday, what might be our chances of getting in, since we interviewed relatively early?

So let's say me and hopefullyafuturedostudent get waitlisted on Monday, what might be our chances of getting in, since we interviewed relatively early?

^im interested to hear too
Do they accept waitlisted people after ALL interviews are conducted and people don't commit to the school, or will they accept waitlisted people gradually regardless?

Sorry I haven't been on to update my status. Submitted secondary late August, received interview invite 3 days later (still late august), interviewed Sept 2nd, accepted about 2 weeks later. Good luck to everyone still in the cycle!

I can say that I agree with the majority on this thread regarding the calm and enjoyable atmosphere. They seem very supportive for their students, esp. Those with families.

Again Goodluck and feel free to ask me anything

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If it calms anyone's nerves, my friend last cycle interviewed January, waitlisted, and got off the waitlist a month or so before class started :)

honestly getting annoyed about the lack of response. totally cool w being waitlisted, but just let me know already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
honestly getting annoyed about the lack of response. totally cool w being waitlisted, but just let me know already.

It makes me sad :(

You interviewed the 29th, right? If so, send me a PM.. It won't let me send you one

Accepted. I am on cloud nine. Is this what skydiving feels like? :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted here as well!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats guys! See you there in a year!

Ahhh interviewing here next week! So nervous since I really want to make a good impression.

Reactions: 1 user
What kind of interview does lucom do? Open, closed, partially closed? Also does anyone remember how their interview day schedule went? I'm waiting for the itinerary on their website, but it still hasn't updated.

What kind of interview does lucom do? Open, closed, partially closed? Also does anyone remember how their interview day schedule went? I'm waiting for the itinerary on their website, but it still hasn't updated.
Open. Ask them for an itinerary bc I fear it may have changed from mine. 8 am start, presentation, 1/2 candidates interview while the other half wait then flip, tour, lunch, finicial aid presentation, wrap up

Lol post interview rejection letter this morning. I saw that coming from a mile away.

Same- I am interviewing on the 10th and am wondering what the itinerary will be. Someone who interviewed last year told me there was one 30 min interview that was closed and one that was open.

Same- I am interviewing on the 10th and am wondering what the itinerary will be. Someone who interviewed last year told me there was one 30 min interview that was closed and one that was open.

Both of my interviews were 30 minutes and open file. I don't know if this is the norm though.

Also, if anyone is debating on attending their interview, you really should go! I was very impressed with the school and the dean is quick to shut down any misconceptions. One of the first things out of his mouth was actually "Don't believe everything you read on studentdoctornetwork." This school is definitely not a fit for everyone (the code of conduct seems pretty strict), but overall I was very impressed with the staff, students, facility, and overall atmosphere during my interview.