Liberty University (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any acceptances from interviews in the last week of Feb.?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what it was like last year with pulling people off of the wait list? Do they rank you on the wait list or is it just a pool of the applicants? Really want to go here, praying hard

Hey I am not sure about pulling people off the waiting list, but the email I received from them stated that "it was likely in the coming months that students on the deferred list will be offered matriculation". Also, I asked about ranking, and they do not rank.... I am praying hard too, I loved the place and I loved the atmosphere there. It would be a place that I could learn to be a great physician, for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected post interview, phone call today. 3.4 27mcat. Nice experience interviewing there for sure. Best wishes everyone.

Thanks! And my thoughts exactly about the school and the interview day made me want it even more

I received the same email and have been waiting since late December. I truly hope they wouldn't keep us waiting this long just to turn us away. Fantastic institution and couldn't agree more. Just wish we could get a bit more news or replies from our emails/calls/letters. Favorite program/environment hands down

Reactions: 1 users
Rejection phone call today. Interviewed 2/27, 3.2x GPA and 36 MCAT. Oh, well - good luck to everyone still in the running! I was definitely impressed with Liberty during the interview.

So devastated - got rejected today with a phone call. They were nice about it, but it's still hard to hear. I interviewed 3/6 with a graduate degree in Neurobiology, 3.8 GPA, and 34 MCAT. Unfortunately, they said I wasn't academically qualified enough when I asked what cost me the spot. I guess it's off to the Caribbean for me. Best luck to whoever is left.

So devastated - got rejected today with a phone call. They were nice about it, but it's still hard to hear. I interviewed 3/6 with a graduate degree in Neurobiology, 3.8 GPA, and 34 MCAT. Unfortunately, they said I wasn't academically qualified enough when I asked what cost me the spot. I guess it's off to the Caribbean for me. Best luck to whoever is left.
....I can't tell if this is a joke or not. I guess if it is, I'm gonna fall for it and say apply in June for US schools. You don't need to go to the carribean with that mcat. In fact, it would be a good idea to apply broadly DO/MD. You could easily get into any and every DO school. Did you apply late or something?? Bad LOR? No volunteer work? Is this a serious post?? Lol.

Obviously a troll.

@serenitynow11 @Kerosene Hat @Dr.Savage @AsianInDistress ....of all the people on this thread, you all should know you basically have a 99% chance of getting into multiple schools next year if you haven't already. Either LUCOM has a crazy waitlist and they're full, you applied late, didn't have enough volunteer work, or had a bad LOR. Those are the only reasons I can think of that would've kept you from getting in. Even though with all of your stats you all should've been at least waitlisted and some of the first to get pulled from the list and offered a spot, since they pulled from the list through July last year. All I can say is congrats because I assume you got in elsewhere, and if you didn't, chin up! You seriously have a better shot at getting in than 1/2 the other applicants next cycle. And don't go Carib...they're getting cut from the match so you likely won't get a U.S. residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
@serenitynow11 @Kerosene Hat @Dr.Savage @AsianInDistress ....of all the people on this thread, you all should know you basically have a 99% chance of getting into multiple schools next year if you haven't already. Either LUCOM has a crazy waitlist and they're full, you applied late, didn't have enough volunteer work, or had a bad LOR. Those are the only reasons I can think of that would've kept you from getting in. Even though with all of your stats you all should've been at least waitlisted and some of the first to get pulled from the list and offered a spot, since they pulled from the list through July last year. All I can say is congrats because I assume you got in elsewhere, and if you didn't, chin up! You seriously have a better shot at getting in than 1/2 the other applicants next cycle. And don't go Carib...they're getting cut from the match so you likely won't get a U.S. residency.

I am waitlisted lol. I'm just gonna keep waiting I guess. I've called and emailed and written them several times because I'm so anxious. Love this school. I was happy to see that red hoodie! Congrats to you. I can only imagine how happy and proud you must feel.

I am waitlisted lol. I'm just gonna keep waiting I guess. I've called and emailed and written them several times because I'm so anxious. Love this school. I was happy to see that red hoodie! Congrats to you. I can only imagine how happy and proud you must feel.

I DO love it here :) I can't speak for other schools but our school is pretty amazing. I sincerely hope you get in! My recommendation would be to volunteer a few times and update LUCOM with what you did. Don't stop emailing them with updates! I have no idea how long that waitlist is but its not ranked so if I were admissions, the first person I'd pull off the list would be someone with stats like yours who's still building their application and not just waiting for an answer. Good luck!!!

I hope so otherwise I feel really bad for them haha.
In my defense I haven't seen a troll on this page for a while lol. Ok and I'm also distracted by finals.

.... I actually have no idea what your stats are. I realize I lumped you in with the 27+ Mcats on the thread. Hey it's a good group to be in! lol. In that case, I still hope you get in regardless of your stats...whatever they may be lol

I seriously need to read before I post 10 messages lol.

Quick question. So I was accepted but was told class was full, and was given a number of applicants that are ahead of me. How exactly does that work? I was told that if a spot doesn't open up for me I will be given a spot into next years class. Does anyone know anything about this? THank you.

Quick question. So I was accepted but was told class was full, and was given a number of applicants that are ahead of me. How exactly does that work? I was told that if a spot doesn't open up for me I will be given a spot into next years class. Does anyone know anything about this? THank you.
How many are ahead of you? If not many you'll probably get a spot this year.

Class is full?! :(

never waitlisted first time I heard from them. It was like congratulations but... lol.
either way extremely excited for what the future holds. I will keep you guys posted on my status and whatever news or information i get. and thank you to all of those in this thread that have answered so many questions for all of us. good luck to all of you.

either way extremely excited for what the future holds. I will keep you guys posted on my status and whatever news or information i get. and thank you to all of those in this thread that have answered so many questions for all of us. good luck to all of you.

Much appreciated. sheesh... get some sleep lol. 0338 am 0.0
I'm gonna be calling them here shortly. Will update if I get anywhere with that.

Hey, same exact thing happened to me! I was told that there are 11 people on that list in total but they didn't say how many were before me. I think they said that I should get an email with the details but I didn't get anything. Did u get an email?

How does the post bac program for Liberty work? Do people on the waitlist have to apply, and if so, when is the deadline? If I remember correctly, though, (I was too excited during interview day and not feeling physically well at the same time), the post bac program participants are picked by the admissions committee. I am not certain.....

How does the post bac program for Liberty work? Do people on the waitlist have to apply, and if so, when is the deadline? If I remember correctly, though, (I was too excited during interview day and not feeling physically well at the same time), the post bac program participants are picked by the admissions committee. I am not certain.....
I was wondering this as well in the event I don't get accepted this year

Hey, same exact thing happened to me! I was told that there are 11 people on that list in total but they didn't say how many were before me. I think they said that I should get an email with the details but I didn't get anything. Did u get an email?
got an email today... doesnt say much tho

Hey guys! I was accepted a few months ago. Did anyone get an admissions packet?? I'm still waiting on mine

Here's the webpage for their M.S. Biomedical Sciences degree: http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=28683

It says if you maintain a certain GPA you will get priority for admission (whatever that means). I would call admissions and ask what the minimum GPA and other standards are for automatic admission into LUCOM from the M.S. program. Applications are due May 1 so I would get a head start on that now if you're interested. Best of luck!!

Hey guys! I was accepted a few months ago. Did anyone get an admissions packet?? I'm still waiting on mine
have you been doing the admissions checklist on myLU? The only thing I've received in the US mail is my acceptance letter and everything else was sent via my liberty e-mail shortly after I was notified of my acceptance, basically detailing the checklist. congrats on the acceptance by the way, see you in july!

Last edited:
have you been doing the admissions checklist on myLU? The only thing I've received in the US mail is my acceptance letter and everything else was sent via my liberty e-mail shortly after I was notified of my acceptance, basically detailing the checklist. congrats on the acceptance by the way, see you in july!

Same. I got the letter and have been trudging through the checklist since. I was wondering because I was trying to find out the dates for orientation, etc. Thanks for easing my mind though! See you in july!

Hey all, so I still havent recieved any word from LUCOM regarding interviews. way too late in the cycle or what?

Hey all, so I still havent recieved any word from LUCOM regarding interviews. way too late in the cycle or what?
have you checked your spam folder? that's where mine was sent, i know others had that issue too. as of right now all seats are full, according to info in this thread.

I think interviews are basically done at this stage of the game. They are now waiting to see when the dust settles, who is truly coming, changing etc and the wait lists and delayed decisions will enter into the game. This coming cycle................apply as soon as it opens!

Bro how late did you apply to all these schools?

I think interviews are basically done at this stage of the game. They are now waiting to see when the dust settles, who is truly coming, changing etc and the wait lists and delayed decisions will enter into the game. This coming cycle................apply as soon as it opens!

Thanks for the response and yea def will do for the coming cycle!

Bro how late did you apply to all these schools?

primary complete in august but secondary in janurary

Thanks for the response and yea def will do for the coming cycle!

primary complete in august but secondary in janurary
Therein lies your problem. Wayyyyyyy too late man. Should have waited. Now you will be a reapp

Therein lies your problem. Wayyyyyyy too late man. Should have waited. Now you will be a reapp

figured might as well give it a shot but uh oh - does being a reapplicant hinder me when it comes to LUCOM? or any other DO schools for that matter? btw taking a post bac this yr and have added to my resume (working as an EMT) since i applied last time soooo...?

figured might as well give it a shot but uh oh - does being a reapplicant hinder me when it comes to LUCOM? or any other DO schools for that matter? btw taking a post bac this yr and have added to my resume (working as an EMT) since i applied last time soooo...?
The post bacc will help if you do well. You essentially have to significantly improve your app. Which means you cannot apply this coming cycle and should wait for the next one (2017 start). Adding to ec's is necessary too. It prob won't hurt you too much being a reapp at LUCOM since they are so poorly ranked but it could at other schools.

One of the first questions another school asked someone in my group was a re applicant was "How did you improve your resume since reapplication". I think adding what you did above will be very good. You could also explain to them why your secondaries went out so late etc. Congrats on the Post Bac. It will look good plus improve that science gpa. Be prepared to work very hard at least I had to. In the end..... I got three acceptances. I think you are going to be just fine. Lucom was not for me but I do think they had the very best medical building I saw in my travels. New, clean, up to date etc. I think in time, they will have to change but if it is your ticket to become an osteopath............go for it. Don't let anyone ever hinder your focus in becoming a doctor. My advisor at my university thought you had to have a certain gpa etc. He actually was no help for me at all. Thank god I never wavered in my focus and I will be a doctor in four years! Good luck!

^^same question, and does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist??

^^same question, and does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist??

There was a handful of people that were put on a priority waitlist and guaranteed acceptance next year if the waitlist didn't move. One page back two people talk about being put on it.