License Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedKOD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Completed intern year...Applying for Virginia State License. Wondering does it expire? How long does it last? Couldn't find anything on the website.

Members don't see this ad.

2 yrs, with a caveat that the first one may 9llz be good for 18 months or less depending on when you get it and your birth month.

Reactions: 1 user
mmm..my Va license was good for almost 3 years (expires on your birthday) and my renewal is good for 3 years as well.
Does VA have a different board for DO's. Sometimes that can be the difference for states. I just double checked and my first was only good for 18 mos.

mmm..my Va license was good for almost 3 years (expires on your birthday) and my renewal is good for 3 years as well.

This is my experience as well. First license lasted through the end of my birth month three years after initial licensure (ended up lasting about 39 months). Every three years after that.

Well what we got here is a sure nuff mystery....

Why are there different expiration dates for different MD's. Hmm, maybe I should put a call into the Board, because every 3 year renewal would save me a boatload of money over the years.