Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

license requirements for foreign trained dentists

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by rika123, 04.22.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the NBDE
  1. rika123

rika123

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    hi!
    does anybody know definitely which states allow FTDs to get a dental license with a dental degree from home country and a M.S. from an accredited school in USA?

i was planning to do the same in FLORIDA, but as far as i understand the rules have changed there since 28th march 2012. Anybody has updates on that?or can we still do a 2 or more year M.S. program and appear for license exam in Florida?
    please If somebody has some information about this kindly help.
    thank you. :)
  2. rika123

rika123

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    please if somebody has the information, kindly share...
  3. Hope4

Hope4

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Last time I checked, and it has almost a year now, Minnesota might let you practice after 3 years practicing with a licensed dentist that would be responsible for you for that period of time (there are a few disclosures, but that would be the main thing among other requirements, but I've never seen anyone going through this path). And in Texas you can go to a Residency/MS and be able to practice limited to that area of study, once again there's a big list of requirements.
    In Florida I know for sure that you can become a Dental Hygienist just by taking their specific boards/exams for Hygiene (I have two classmates now that where Hygienists in Florida).
    Well, that's pretty much all I know about it, and as I said this info is about 1 year old, you can get more current info calling schools or checking state boards websites. I think there are a couple threads on SND that also have some info about it.
    Good luck.
  4. rika123

rika123

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal