Licensure in NY - EPPP score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skipsy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently got word that I passed the EPPP in my current state (yay! what a nightmare that was) and am curious if anyone knows what the cut off score is in NY. For every other state I've seen, it looks like 500. When I go to the NY website, it says "converted score of at least 75." Does anyone know what this converts to on the normal 200-800 scale? I'm at 540 and hoping it's good enough for everywhere since I'm not wanting to take that beast again...
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. I will try calling them and seeing if they'll give me an actual number on the 200-800 scale. For anyone that passed the EPPP in NY, do you mind sharing your scores if scores on both scales were provided?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called NY and apparently converted score of 75=500. Hope this info helps anyone else curious about their licensure!

That does help.. I just took this exam on the 15th in NY.. How long did it take you to receive your score? Thanks!

EPPP SS=500 is equivalent to a 70% or 140 correct questions. Passing score

For unknown reasons NY uses an additional conversion of the EPPP score, so:

EPPP SS=500 (or 70%) is equivalent to a NY converted score=75

NY does not require a higher EPPP score, their passing requirements are the same as every other state, but they use a different and somewhat confusing standard/converted score.