Life Outside of Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayyyohwins

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it'd be interesting to hear what other ventures that working dentists partake in, if any, outside of dentistry(investing, real estate development, entrepreneurial endeavors, etc.). Also, how much time do you dedicate towards those other ventures?

I thought of this question as i thought of the amount of debt I'd be in upon graduating dental school. I recall a dentist telling me that dentistry isn't the only thing that I could do, as in I'm not limited to one career. So I was just curious as to what other endeavors do practicing dentists participate in.

Members don't see this ad.

sipping scotch and whackin it.

but seriously though...

Netflix.

Reactions: 1 user
Stock market + more practices

Members don't see this ad :)
Perio,

Where are you lookin' to buy?
Not sure yet...will depend on the wife and family, but definitely somewhere rural, thinking about either PA, North Carolina or Florida, but only time will tell old friend!

Got it.

My unsolicited advice is New Hampshire.

http://ubdentalalumni.com/job_list.php
Hey thanks for the tip off! New Hampshire was definitely a place I was interested in as well, but I'm a bit afraid of the high cost of living and its reflection on practice prices, but only time will tell my good friend!

A very smart and rich man once told me that the majority of his wealth was accumulated outside of his six figure salary! As future dentists we have to learn more about investing our money....this thread has wheels peeps!

Hey thanks for the tip off! New Hampshire was definitely a place I was interested in as well, but I'm a bit afraid of the high cost of living and its reflection on practice prices, but only time will tell my good friend!

A very smart and rich man once told me that the majority of his wealth was accumulated outside of his six figure salary! As future dentists we have to learn more about investing our money....this thread has wheels peeps!

What? The cost of living in NH is LOW!

Who told you that NH living costs are high?

NH has NO income tax and NO sales tax. How sweet is that?

Re: investing--I agree. You don't become wealthy through your primary occupation. You become wealthy by INVESTING/SAVING most of your primary income.

which is exactly why I made this thread...
as far as in investing goes, is that something you're taking on yourself or would you have someone managing a portfolio for you or even both??

Dentistry will provide most people with enough capital to do whatever financial ventures they wish. For most dentists I know, that includes real estate and investing.