Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sure, time is flying . But wish it was faster.

Members don't see this ad.

Everybody get their matriculation paperwork and clinical requirements done by the May 15th deadline? Me either lol. Only waiting on titer reports now and they'll be in Monday. That checklist was such a pain in the a**.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Everybody get their matriculation paperwork and clinical requirements done by the May 15th deadline? Me either lol. Only waiting on titer reports now and they'll be in Monday. That checklist was such a pain in the a**.

Posted using SDN Mobile
It sure was! I had to get booster shots and get 2nd round of titers because the first ones where all negative. Have you found a place to live in yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
It sure was! I had to get booster shots and get 2nd round of titers because the first ones where all negative. Have you found a place to live in yet?

Yea dude, I had trouble to too. All my titres came positive, but since I don't have an exact date for Hep B and polio I have to get them again. I will get em once I start school. Robin told me some programs absolutely require a date for them both or they won't give you a rotation. Already have a house. Pumped up and excited; can't wait to be there.

It sure is! I remember when I was there for my interview back in January and its already mid May. Are you doing the anatomy boot camp?

Nah I am not, I have done quite a bit of cadaver work in the past. But I think it will definitely be beneficial to those who are doing it. And it would be to me too, I'm just trying to save all of the energy I can for school. I will be in harrogate at the end of June though and I am ready to meet all of my classmates. Class of 2018 roll on!!

LMU DCOM class of 2018

Reactions: 1 users
Just found out today I have to get a Hep B booster. I'm sincerely hoping that it's the single booster shot and I won't need to redo the three rounds. My tb skin test also came back positive, so hooray, more blood work for me. And yeah, I found a house back in February. We just moved our stuff in last week and that's why I'm so late getting this clinical junk in.

EDIT: Holy crap, all of your titers were negative? Maybe you can answer my question about the Hep B booster then.

Just found out today I have to get a Hep B booster. I'm sincerely hoping that it's the single booster shot and I won't need to redo the three rounds. My tb skin test also came back positive, so hooray, more blood work for me. And yeah, I found a house back in February. We just moved our stuff in last week and that's why I'm so late getting this clinical junk in.

EDIT: Holy crap, all of your titers were negative? Maybe you can answer my question about the Hep B booster then.

So probably need a CXR? Wow you are there early. Are you in the boot camp?

So probably need a CXR? Wow you are there early. Are you in the boot camp?

According to the Certified Profile requirements I can either get a CXR or a quantiferon blood test. As much as I dislike needles, I think the blood test will be a softer blow to the insurance. Also, the PA said that about 8 or 9/10 positive skin tb tests are false positives.

We actually moved our stuff into a storage garage about one mile up the road from our house and will move in after July 4th. No bootcamp for me.

Yea dude, I had trouble to too. All my titres came positive, but since I don't have an exact date for Hep B and polio I have to get them again. I will get em once I start school. Robin told me some programs absolutely require a date for them both or they won't give you a rotation. Already have a house. Pumped up and excited; can't wait to be there.
Thats good that you already have a place for you and your family. I need to look into the insurance part, the one offered by the school is way to expensive.

Nah I am not, I have done quite a bit of cadaver work in the past. But I think it will definitely be beneficial to those who are doing it. And it would be to me too, I'm just trying to save all of the energy I can for school. I will be in harrogate at the end of June though and I am ready to meet all of my classmates. Class of 2018 roll on!!

LMU DCOM class of 2018
Sounds good! I have been out of school for quite a while and could benefit from the boot camp. I am going to miss my paychecks from work during the school year.. oh well. ;)

Yes, all of my titers were negative so imagine the amount of $ that I had to spend... (sigh).. I only got one booster shot for the Hep B and that was enough for my 2nd titer to be positive, so I think you will be fine with one booster shot only. Just make sure you keep DCOM updated with your progress regarding the immunizations.

Glad to hear you have a place to live. I am very late with the housing part.. I still cant decide between the Inn and Mars Lee.

Does anyone know if they will start meeting for the waitlist next week? Also, does anyone know how many times a week they meet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not always the case though, as a few students who have done well in both MGA and Histo have been waitlisted... either because of MCAT or other reasons. But the interview is definitely guaranteed if you get a B or higher in the DCOM classes.

Are you currently in the program?

According to the Certified Profile requirements I can either get a CXR or a quantiferon blood test. As much as I dislike needles, I think the blood test will be a softer blow to the insurance. Also, the PA said that about 8 or 9/10 positive skin tb tests are false positives.

We actually moved our stuff into a storage garage about one mile up the road from our house and will move in after July 4th. No bootcamp for me.

Not in the boot camp either. I am hoping that anatomy in nursing school will help me. Only God knows, but keeping my fingers crossed. Where are you from?

So my Hep B and polio vaccines were being denies even after showing immunity in my tests. The reason for denial was that some hospital want to have the exact dates of these vaccines or they would not give you clinical rotations. I talked to Robin Lamb and agreed on taking these vaccines again once the school stats. That way we would have exact daytes. She was able to talk Dr. Zieren and over ride the denial. So all is good on my both sides. Just wanted to put it out for anyone who is have same or same kind of objections.

So my Hep B and polio vaccines were being denies even after showing immunity in my tests. The reason for denial was that some hospital want to have the exact dates of these vaccines or they would not give you clinical rotations. I talked to Robin Lamb and agreed on taking these vaccines again once the school stats. That way we would have exact daytes. She was able to talk Dr. Zieren and over ride the denial. So all is good on my both sides. Just wanted to put it out for anyone who is have same or same kind of objections.

My woes continue. Had my appointment this morning to get blood work for my positive TB skin test. I found out that LMU wants a CXR like 15 minutes before my appointment. I was then shipped from my local satellite clinic to the main hospital where there were 30 people ahead of me so I had to leave.

LMU doesn't want blood work but my PA is somewhat forcing me. This is all getting to be really expensive and I'm not paying for anything that doesn't absolutely need to be done. When I go back tomorrow for the CXR I'm going to tell them that I'm really not interested in getting further labs done since my med school doesn't want it. This is costing me hundreds.

My woes continue. Had my appointment this morning to get blood work for my positive TB skin test. I found out that LMU wants a CXR like 15 minutes before my appointment. I was then shipped from my local satellite clinic to the main hospital where there were 30 people ahead of me so I had to leave.

LMU doesn't want blood work but my PA is somewhat forcing me. This is all getting to be really expensive and I'm not paying for anything that doesn't absolutely need to be done. When I go back tomorrow for the CXR I'm going to tell them that I'm really not interested in getting further labs done since my med school doesn't want it. This is costing me hundreds.

I am with you on that. I was able to take care of all of it with titres and CXR that were covered by my insurance. And like you, I wouldn't pay of anything I don't have to either.

To all of the alternate list people, I was on that list, and got the phone call today. I got accepted!!

Reactions: 8 users
To all of the alternate list people, I was on that list, and got the phone call today. I got accepted!!

Congrats! Did they happen to mention if any more calls would be going out? ;)

I don't know. I wasn't able to answer the phone because I was at work, so I only got a message, albeit a very exciting message.

Not very long compared to a lot of you guys. I interviewed in April, so about a month.

Not very long compared to a lot of you guys. I interviewed in April, so about a month.

I gave up my seat officially today so I will pretend that my seat went to you. I really wanted to go to medical school, but it wasn't meant to be right now. It's been my dream for such a long time. I can't imagine your excitement! Congrats! :)

Very happy for you. Don't forget to add yourself to our group on face book "DCOM 2018". Welcome and congrats.

I gave up my seat officially today so I will pretend that my seat went to you. I really wanted to go to medical school, but it wasn't meant to be right now. It's been my dream for such a long time. I can't imagine your excitement! Congrats! :)
If that is the case, truly and honestly, thank you. I hope that the timing works out better for you in the not too distant future.

Happy to read about wait list movement. Does anyone have information about how full the class is thus far?

Are you currently in the program?
I'm in the Master's program right now so hopefully will be joining my classmates to come back here in the fall as a first year. Majority of the Master's class has been accepted, a few are waitlisted.

I'm in the Master's program right now so hopefully will be joining my classmates to come back here in the fall as a first year. Majority of the Master's class has been accepted, a few are waitlisted.

Keep my fingers crossed for you.

Got the call Thursday around 1 pm... nearly swerved off the road. Can't wait to meet you all! But I feel like I'm seriously behind everyone in terms of finding an apartment, buying books, getting financial aid (which I'll seriously need). Ms. Martin is on vacation till the 27th so anyone know how I could get the ball rolling with all that?

ALSO is anyone from Boston?

Got the call Thursday around 1 pm... nearly swerved off the road. Can't wait to meet you all! But I feel like I'm seriously behind everyone in terms of finding an apartment, buying books, getting financial aid (which I'll seriously need). Ms. Martin is on vacation till the 27th so anyone know how I could get the ball rolling with all that?

Don't worry, felt the same way when I was accepted in early June last year. Depending on the type of housing you're looking for a great place to start would be the Inn which is where a lot of first years lived this year, if you prefer a little more space to yourself the Ball apartments are very nice. They might even have a few 2 bedroom duplexes if you wanted to find a roommate. Buying books is easy to do also. The list is found here: http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/academics/oms1.shtml . I usually get what I think I'll need, and I tend to buy more than most in my class do. I order from amazon which makes it easier and far cheaper. As far as financial aid, if you haven't filled out the FAFSA, you need to right away. From there the school pretty much handles it and will alert you when you can accept your awarded financial aid. You're a little late for that part, but I'm sure you're not the only one who hasn't yet completed that process yet. It should be fine. Most importantly try to stay calm. Just enjoy the fact that you've been accepted and have the best time of your life before you start. It's a hell of a ride when you get here, but you'll love it. Congratulations.

First of all congrats from the depth of my heart. Very happy to hear that you are joining us. Ms. Martin may be on vacation, but you can call Pat Peace on Tuesday. I hope you have already filled your FAFSA if not, get it done now. As far as books are concerned most of us have not bought anything, I know I haven't, wait till school starts. You need to get your back ground and shot records done, I suggest that you call Rebecca asap. She is very nice will help and guide you in every way she can. No house or apt renting, go to www.dcomdo.com to look hour private housing. I don't know if you are living along, married, living on campus or what not. Anyhow for private renting it will get you to see whats out there. I got my house from the website and eventually traveled to Middlesboro, KY with my family and rented the house after seeing it. Also I would join the DCOM class of 2018 on face book. Oh, you can PM me if you have any other questions or need any kinda help. I am originally form Baltimore, MD but now in Indiana, so you know I won't be dropping any tears for Redsox or Patriots (urrrrrrr) :). Happy that you are in our class.

Accepted off waitlist today. Humbled, blessed, no words to describe this feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off waitlist today. Humbled, blessed, no words to describe this feeling.
Way to go! I told you it's worth the wait. You totally deserve this and I have been rooting for you the whole way. Congratulations and welcome to DCOM.

Last edited:
Hi,

I got a phone call yesterday at 6pm Central time... I'm really excited!

I heard that more people dropped. So people on the waiting list there is still hope. Expect more phone calls next week and the following.

Reactions: 4 users