Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They said there most likely wouldn't be any calls until Friday...sooooo I won't have a panic attack, yet. Lol
Yeah, the dean will mostly make the calls towards the weekend. But i still keep myself heads-up today and tomorrow too since I have seen some folks here interview on Friday and get called on the next Wed or Thursday.

Members don't see this ad.

For those wondering I interviewed on a friday and got a call the next week on a thursday at almost 7pm with my acceptance. The dean didn't call me because he was out of town but the assistant director was the one to give me the great news.

Reactions: 1 user
I got my complete email 3 weeks ago, after it took over a month to be complete due to misplacing my files. The lady on the phone even said it would be reviewed quickly because of the mixup. Should I call in this week or wait at least until next? The 22nd would be a month from complete.

How long did it take to get complete email for you? I submitted my secondary app on 9/27 and haven't heard a thing from admissions office.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take to get complete email for you? I submitted my secondary app on 9/27 and haven't heard a thing from admissions office.

Well over a month. When I called in, they said they misplaced my files and I got the complete email like a week later.

Very conversational interview. Consider all relevant questions like why medicine, why here, why DO, etc. Go to the interview feedback for LMU-DCOM and go over most of the questions reported there if you want. But the DCOM interviewers just want to know who you really are, and confirm that you have all the qualities you stated in your personal statement.

For the interview feedback, go to the homepage of SDN, under the tab "resources" choose "schools and interview feedback", and then choose DO schools and then LMU-DCOM. You will find many interview questions reported there.
Thank you so much!!! You guys are awesome :)

So I called LMU-DCOM today to check on my application status after hearing null for two months. Guess what, Miss Robin was like "So when do u want to schedule your interview"? Best phone call ever!

Reactions: 5 users
So I called LMU-DCOM today to check on my application status after hearing null for two months. Guess what, Miss Robin was like "So when do u want to schedule your interview"? Best phone call ever!
That is actually how I got my interview scheduled. Lol. One of the ladies in the Office of Admissions said to call back if I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I called in 15 days and Robin was like....soooooo when would you like to come interview? I was elated. Haha. Good luck to you!!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
That is actually how I got my interview scheduled. Lol. One of the ladies in the Office of Admissions said to call back if I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I called in 15 days and Robin was like....soooooo when would you like to come interview? I was elated. Haha. Good luck to you!!! :)

Dang... I'm calling tmrw lol

lol same thing happened to me. nothing wrong with 7 days notice, i guess!

OMG, my patience is being tested to the max. Still waiting for the call. LMU-DCOM please call meeee.... And give me great news.... Please show me some love :)

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG, my patience is being tested to the max. Still waiting for the call. LMU-DCOM please call meeee.... And give me great news.... Please show me some love :)
Is it pathetic that I am watching this thread like a hawk to see if others are getting calls? Lolol. What a sad life...

Does anyone know the stats on likelihood of acceptance post interview?

it is basically yours to lose, they already like you on paper just have to shine during the interview.

They intervew approximately 500-600 applicants for 225 spots. They must accept over 225 to fill their class. Most schools have to accept 1.5-2X their class size to be able to fill. I would say that approximately 70% by crunching some numbers.

Which airport should I fly into? Just got the email a few hours ago to schedule an email.

Wow. that is quite a large class size

They intervew approximately 500-600 applicants for 225 spots. They must accept over 225 to fill their class. Most schools have to accept 1.5-2X their class size to be able to fill. I would say that approximately 70% by crunching some numbers.

^^^This is pretty accurate from the last time I talked to Robin Lamb.

I am reading on the forum and the turn around post interview is about a week. Is it safe to say that they are keeping on schedule with that?

I am reading on the forum and the turn around post interview is about a week. Is it safe to say that they are keeping on schedule with that?
I hope so... I can't wait another week. Lol. I think they are excellent about giving a 1 week turn around.

It looks like they have not made any calls today. But for sure tomorrow will be the day ! Med school application is all about the wait @.@

It looks like they have not made any calls today. But for sure tomorrow will be the day ! Med school application is all about the wait @.@
I got mine on a Friday around 4:30. Never fear! Best of luck to you tomorrow!!

Hi, everyone! I have an upcoming interview on November 7th. But I planned to arrive on November 6th to stay a night. I plan to fly to the TYS airport and get car service/rent a car to get to the campus and stay a night at on of the hotels they recommend. Any ladies (I'm a girl, lol) here has an interview in the same day and want to share and split the cost of the car and/or hotel room?

After receiving my "soon" e-mail on Sept 29th, I called just now and I was able to schedule for an interview. I had a lot of dates to chose from but I picked November 14. I am definitely going to attend the Meet and Greet at Gondolier the night before, good luck everyone.

I remembered that today is Friday, fingers crossed that a ton of you guys get the call today!

Oh my goodness!!! Too quiet. Lol. Does anyone know for sure if the committee met on Wednesday? Lol

Did the same exact thing and just scheduled an interview today :). Can anyone comment on the drive from Knoxville to the sleep inn in middlesboro KY?

Just called, got the II !!!
Robin is interviewing at the moment, so I have to call back and reschedule. Thanks for the tips guys. Can anyone give a quick summary on how to get there. I remember reading it earlier in the thread.

Ok, so I dont like the waiting game now, but for those who are waiting for the decisions from 10/10 interview, dont panic yet ! They have not made any phone calls as of now until this evening or tomorrow morning. I called in to ask and was told so. I have no idea why it is taking longer for the decisions to be released this time, but I hope it will calm your nerves for the next few hours.

Good bless all of you !

Does LMU send "complete" emails? Or do I have to call and ask? Also, I hope I'm not too late in the cycle... Submitted my secondary just this past Tuesday!

Does LMU send "complete" emails? Or do I have to call and ask? Also, I hope I'm not too late in the cycle... Submitted my secondary just this past Tuesday!
they do send complete emails when they finish processing everything

ACCEPTED.... AWESOME ! I LOVE DCOM ....

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh. My. Goodness. Loved this school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats y'all!

Signed up for 11/14 interview. Prolly gonna drive down

I am so depressed and lost. I had the same kind of stats as Osteopath999 but placed on a pre-interview hold. This was my top choice and I thought my MCAT score and GPA would be good enough to get me an II. When I called on how I can remedy this hold, I was told there was literally nothing I can do. The only kind of updates they said they wanted was if I published a paper, shadowed a DO/lor, or significant volunteering. Specifically told me to not update them about the jobs I am doing (medical lab and hotel shuttle driver). The person who told me this didn't event bother to look up my mcat score or gpa.What made it even more depressing was that they told me to wait till spring you might get an II. How in the world will I have a better chance in the spring when most of the seats will be filled? Really loved the people, school, and area when I visited last fall but really disappointed by the admissions staff's advice.

I wish I could get in contact with Ms.Martin and Dr.Leo.

Should I make an appointment with Ms.Martin and meet her at DCOM in person?

I am so depressed and lost. I had the same kind of stats as Osteopath999 but placed on a pre-interview hold. This was my top choice and I thought my MCAT score and GPA would be good enough to get me an II. When I called on how I can remedy this hold, I was told there was literally nothing I can do. The only kind of updates they said they wanted was if I published a paper, shadowed a DO/lor, or significant volunteering. Specifically told me to not update them about the jobs I am doing (medical lab and hotel shuttle driver). The person who told me this didn't event bother to look up my mcat score or gpa.What made it even more depressing was that they told me to wait till spring you might get an II. How in the world will I have a better chance in the spring when most of the seats will be filled? Really loved the people, school, and area when I visited last fall but really disappointed by the admissions staff's advice.

I wish I could get in contact with Ms.Martin and Dr.Leo.

Should I make an appointment with Ms.Martin and meet her at DCOM in person?

If you interview in the Spring, you may be interviewing for a slot in the 2020 class (i.e. a deferred acceptance).

...they told me to wait till spring you might get an II. How in the world will I have a better chance in the spring when most of the seats will be filled?

I interviewed in the second to last interview group, or was it third to last...anyway, my point is just because you interview late doesn't mean you have less chance of getting in or that you'll be interviewing for the next year. There are at least 3 other students in my class that interviewed the same day as me, maybe more. That means at least 1/3 of my interview group that interviewed in the last handful of interviews was accepted. Do as you were instructed so that you can show them you are serious about getting into med school.