Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who is this "Bob"? I am so curious! Hope to get an ii to see who this special person is!

He drives the shuttle around during your tour. Super cool dude, prolly in his 80's, I believe he's a pastor as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait what.....? I have been hearing so many great news/info about DCOM lately!

Give me some love, DCOM!

Last edited:
If Bob is an embodiment of DCOM, I know I've made the right decision.
Also, how many current students just came to hang out and chat during down times? That was really great.

Bob is fantastic. He will always remember your name and always want to talk to you. He kind of does embody the whole DCOM family idea.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone here interview last week? I know that they said they will call by Friday. But is there any chance they would call us today?

Last edited:
Hey,

Initial application sent Oct 20, MCAT scores came later, secondary completed on Oct 29, never got a complete email, but they emailed yesterday and was told to call to schedule.
Would you mind sharing your stats?

Interview email today. I sent everything in in mid-October. I sent an email a couple of days ago to check in due to silence and they had not updated my mcat score. Today they sent a complete email with my interview invitation. 3.62 sgpa 3.46 cgpa. 29 mcat. I have not signed up for an interview yet, but the dates were in January. I know only a basic level of information about this school, so am going to do some more research. Could anyone tell me some comparisons to CUSOM? Thanks!

For anyone who cares, I will advice that you rent a car for your interview at this school. I used a taxi from the airport at Knoxville and it cost me ~$180. But regardless, it was worth it. The school is really cool and BOB is AMAZING!!!

Has anybody been able to find a copy of the handbook? I'm really just looking for the medical clearance/immunization forms but the website says to look in the handbook.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who cares, I will advice that you rent a car for your interview at this school. I used a taxi from the airport at Knoxville and it cost me ~$180. But regardless, it was worth it. The school is really cool and BOB is AMAZING!!!

I loved BOB. He's my fav on the admissions council.

Think he's on the admin council?

Under meet the admissions staff :http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/admissions/staff.shtml
He's on there. i wouldn't be surprised if he is. If anything, he is going to act as our saving grace and push for us. He is such a nice, friendly man. I loved him. I interviewed on Monday. I think I will be hearing back today. I keep checking my phone every 20 seconds, and I cannot concentrate on anything till this day is over. I really hope i get the phonecall haha.

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
Under meet the admissions staff :http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/admissions/staff.shtml
He's on there. i wouldn't be surprised if he is. If anything, he is going to act as our saving grace and push for us. He is such a nice, friendly man. I loved him. I interviewed on Monday. I think I will be hearing back today. I keep checking my phone every 20 seconds, and I cannot concentrate on anything till this day is over. I really hope i get the phonecall haha.
Huh, interesting. I thought maybe he would give an idea of his impression if asked, but looks like it's a little more official. He was great, and I look forward to seeing him again in a few short months.
I was a Monday interview also, and I got the call at 2:26pm CST. Looked like they made calls to the Friday interviewees first, than made it to the Monday folks. I was in a similar anxiety-induced fit, and found it very difficult to concentrate at work. Glad it came at 230 and not 530. :) Good luck and hope you hear something soon!

I spent a while talking with him before the shuttle left and he said he has no stake in the admissions. He was a pretty cool dude with some good local knowledge.

On a side note: If you have time, I HIGHLY recommend taking the short drive down to Knoxville. I went down there on "vacation" about 2 weeks after I was accepted to check it out and it was pretty awesome. Super clean/friendly town with some nice little restaurants and spots to check out.

If anybody's looking for suggestions on what to hit up while there, I'll let ya know.

I spent a while talking with him before the shuttle left and he said he has no stake in the admissions. He was a pretty cool dude with some good local knowledge.

On a side note: If you have time, I HIGHLY recommend taking the short drive down to Knoxville. I went down there on "vacation" about 2 weeks after I was accepted to check it out and it was pretty awesome. Super clean/friendly town with some nice little restaurants and spots to check out.

If anybody's looking for suggestions on what to hit up while there, I'll let ya know.
I'll be heading there with my wife and son for 'spring break' to show off the area to them. We'll also be there looking into housing options for school.

Has anyone received that phone call today? This is turning out to be the longest day of my entire life lol.

got the call around 6:30 PM today! Accepted!:soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to those who got accepted this week !

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, definitely congrats to everyone accepted!

I am currently on hold, and sent an update to Rebecca as directed in the on hold e-mail, but haven't heard anything back. Should I call to check in about receipt of the update? Just curious about what what you guys think as I am really interested on this school.

lol, yea when I got the small envelope I was slightly confused...but still extremely happy!
I believe we only got a small envelope for the acceptance letter because we already had the big packet at the interview with all the information about the school, 4 years, financial aid, etc...

FYI: once the office of admissions receives the matriculation deposit, they will email us to let us know that they have received it and will send another email later with instruction in details regarding how to obtain background check, drug screening, etc.

Yes, definitely congrats to everyone accepted!

I am currently on hold, and sent an update to Rebecca as directed in the on hold e-mail, but haven't heard anything back. Should I call to check in about receipt of the update? Just curious about what what you guys think as I am really interested on this school.

I sent updates to Rebecca, but I didn't get anything back, either. I recommend emailing Robin Mace ([email protected]) - which is who I emailed with my updates afterwards - because she gets back to you really quickly!

Accepted!!!! I got the call at 6:40pm EST!!! Best phone call of my life. :soexcited::love:

Stats: undergrad cGPA: 2.9, Post Bacc cGPA: 3.79, MCAT: 30 (11PS-9VR-10BS), 2 years as a Full time EMT, 1 year as a ER scribe, Research for a year and a half.

I called the admissions office at 5pm, and was told by the automated machine that they close at 4:30pmEST, so I was heart broken for the rest of the day. That caller-ID that said "TN" made my heart stop, when I got that call at 6:40pm.

Reactions: 3 users
^^ Similar stats to me. Congrats.

And for the phone call, mine came from a Knoxville-area caller, so it wasn't from the school per se... just to give others hope.

I don't know if this has been answered before, but is there an official facebook group for the....

:highfive::soexcited:DCOM CLASS OF 2019!!!!:soexcited::highfive:

Accepted!!!! I got the call at 6:40pm EST!!! Best phone call of my life. :soexcited::love:

Stats: undergrad cGPA: 2.9, Post Bacc cGPA: 3.79, MCAT: 30 (11PS-9VR-10BS), 2 years as a Full time EMT, 1 year as a ER scribe, Research for a year and a half.

I called the admissions office at 5pm, and was told by the automated machine that they close at 4:30pmEST, so I was heart broken for the rest of the day. That caller-ID that said "TN" made my heart stop, when I got that call at 6:40pm.

Congrats!!!

Hey guys! Do you know if the rural hospitals listed on the website are the ONLY rural hospitals available to do rotations? I thought I saw other ones while I was touring LMU-DCOM.... http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/academics/sites.shtml

The hospitals available to do your CORE rotation sites vary slightly from year to year. However, these sites are only required for your 6 month CORE during 3rd year. After that, you're free to rotate where you like.

Do you guys think I have a chance at an ii? 30 MCAT, 3.1 undergrad GPA at Wake Forest (working three part-time jobs, lots of extracurricular activites), 3.32 grad GPA at USF (part time job), 1 year research experience, volunteering since 14, 50+ hours shadowing physicians, currently working as a ED scribe. Disadvantaged in regards to socioeconomic status, come from a rural area, first generation college student.
Thanks!

Do you guys think I have a chance at an ii? 30 MCAT, 3.1 undergrad GPA at Wake Forest (working three part-time jobs, lots of extracurricular activites), 3.32 grad GPA at USF (part time job), 1 year research experience, volunteering since 14, 50+ hours shadowing physicians, currently working as a ED scribe. Disadvantaged in regards to socioeconomic status, come from a rural area, first generation college student.
Thanks!

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I think you already had an idea where you stand. Jw why the question was asked?! With all great ECs and MCAT; a 3.1 at Wake Forest (yes! Wake Forest!); a 3.32 grad GPA (at USF @@); tons of part time job hours; and the disadvantage status,
..... I thought your questions would have been "Am I too late in the game to apply here with my stats?" Otherwise, yes you will still have a BIG chance!

Congrats and good luck!

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I think you already had an idea where you stand. Jw why the question was asked?! With all great ECs and MCAT; a 3.1 at Wake Forest (yes! Wake Forest!); a 3.32 grad GPA (at USF @@); tons of part time job hours; and the disadvantage status,
..... I thought your questions would have been "Am I too late in the game to apply here with my stats?" Otherwise, yes you will still have a BIG chance!

Congrats and good luck!

Well i asked because I haven't heard anything yet from the 21 MD and DO schools I've applied to. And I feel like my 3.1 at Wake isn't that good haha. Wake hasn't even sent me an ii. I received my complete email 6 days ago but sent it in a while ago. Is it too late? I thought I applied relatively early this year, compared to last year.

Well i asked because I haven't heard anything yet from the 21 MD and DO schools I've applied to. And I feel like my 3.1 at Wake isn't that good haha. Wake hasn't even sent me an ii. I received my complete email 6 days ago but sent it in a while ago. Is it too late? I thought I applied relatively early this year, compared to last year.

Well, accoding to last year's thread, you aren't too late! I'm not sure about your GPA though. Let's wait to see any insight from current DCOM students' opinions!

Wait...but your complete email was from here right?

Well, accoding to last year's thread, you aren't too late! I'm not sure about your GPA though. Let's wait to see any insight from current DCOM students' opinions!

Wait...but your complete email was from here right?

yep...i sent them a letter of interest and updated them on my activities since i initially submitted my application

Glad, I'm not the only one. I have only heard from one state school (pre-interview hold) out of the approximately twenty I applied to. Other that that, silence from the rest (including LMU-DCOM). I still have two secondaries in my possession that I will turn in shortly (I am waiting for a copy of my SAT scores).

Well i asked because I haven't heard anything yet from the 21 MD and DO schools I've applied to.

Last edited:
Thanks!
A chance, yes. But it is kind of late. In addition to the 3.1, the 3.3 grad GPA probably doesn't help either. Only time will tell, though. Good luck.

A chance, yes. But it is kind of late. In addition to the 3.1, the 3.3 grad GPA probably doesn't help either. Only time will tell, though. Good luck.

It is not kind of late. Any submission before December is fine. You will have plenty of chance for an II and an acceptance.

Actually just got an interview today!!! Thanks everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Actually just got an interview today!!! Thanks everyone!
Might I ask when you were complete?

I was complete on the November 10th and I'm wondering how long it will take for me to hear something. I'm IS with a 3.93 GPA and a 29 on the MCAT. I was really hoping to get an interview here and was hoping it'd be soon after I was complete.

Did you call or email them today? Or they actually called you today?

Congrats! I wish I could get one soon!

I actually emailed them a letter stating how much I wanted to go there and they responded with an ii. Earliest available was in early January though:(

I was complete on the 10th.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually emailed them a letter stating how much I wanted to go there and they responded with an ii. Earliest available was in early January though:(

I was complete on the 10th.
Huh, maybe I should call soon. I was going to wait for a while, but it sounds like they really respond well to people who show a lot of interest in their program.