Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm glad to know there are still spots left for my interview next week lol! I was scared that I would just be interviewing for a waitlist spot.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm glad to know there are still spots left for my interview next week lol! I was scared that I would just be interviewing for a waitlist spot.
They told me they have spots all the way through April. Then take off the waitlist! No worries ! Kill it!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call today! Can't wait to meet my future doctor classmates :)

Reactions: 6 users
So my husband and I somehow have to come up with the money to cancel our lease in Texas and move to Harrogate. I was wondering if anyone gets short term private loans to ease the financial burden. I heard your federal student loans don't come in until the week school starts. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

So my husband and I somehow have to come up with the money to cancel our lease in Texas and move to Harrogate. I was wondering if anyone gets short term private loans to ease the financial burden. I heard your federal student loans don't come in until the week school starts. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
I would talk to the school before taking out any personal loans, they might be able to help out.

Reactions: 1 users

I'm coming from Texas as well! Where in TX are you from? Definitely talk with the school or maybe see if you apt complex will work out a deal with you. Doesn't hurt to ask. My apt complex said if we can find someone to take over our lease they would let us move out without penalty.

Reactions: 1 user
When are you guys planning on moving up there!?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome!! Anyone heard what they do in orientation?

If anyone wants to get together the Monday before orientation. Let me know. All the sdn folks lol

Reactions: 4 users
I'm coming from Texas as well! Where in TX are you from? Definitely talk with the school or maybe see if you apt complex will work out a deal with you. Doesn't hurt to ask. My apt complex said if we can find someone to take over our lease they would let us move out without penalty.
Congrats! Glad to see another Texan will be headed up here!

Is it bad that I kinda want this to be less of a joke and more of the real deal?

No bad at all. I will say, seeing as I do not have one, I may be harder to spot in the lecture hall

Awesome!! Anyone heard what they do in orientation?

Insurance, physical forms, intro to faculty and staff, meet your college and advisors, how to use some of the software, etc etc. The Friday is usually first day of classes so you have a weekend to regroup after you realize what you've signed up for ;)

Insurance, physical forms, intro to faculty and staff, meet your college and advisors, how to use some of the software, etc etc. The Friday is usually first day of classes so you have a weekend to regroup after you realize what you've signed up for ;)

I thought we fought to the death in fighting pits below the college. Have I been misinformed? Cause if so, I feel silly spending this past year training with Shaolin monks (orange isn't my color).

I'm pretty excited. We just went house hunting. Deciding between schools was hard enough, but now I have to pick between houses. But there are worse decisions to have to make.

We'll be up in early mid-late July. Can't wait to meet all my classmates!

Reactions: 2 users
I am working very hard on not putting the 2015-2016 academic calendar dates into my planner until I have that physical letter in my hands. It is difficult :)

Reactions: 3 users
They don't cancel interviews for weather, correct? If I'm not mistaken they had interviews through snowpocolypse. There is a huge potential for snow/ice this Thursday and I plan on getting down there as long as they don't cancel on me.

They don't cancel interviews for weather, correct? If I'm not mistaken they had interviews through snowpocolypse. There is a huge potential for snow/ice this Thursday and I plan on getting down there as long as they don't cancel on me.

They did have most if not all interviews during the snow, although they did adjust days and times and locations some. They'll be in contact if something changes :)

They didn't cancel on me during the snowpocolypse. Our interview day was however 'abbreviated'. We were also interviewed by one faculty member instead of two faculty members.

How long after you got the call did it take to get your letter?

Two days? I'm in Tennessee though. I think they mail the letters the day of/day after you get your phone call.
I got the call a week ago and still haven't got it yet. The deposit is due two weeks after you get the letter right?

I got the call a week ago and still haven't got it yet. The deposit is due two weeks after you get the letter right?
Yes I confirmed this today. Although they told me my deposit was due Mar 7, my call was Feb 13th. So they give you about a week of room just to get the letter (I received mine like Feb 19th or something like that).

Got the call on Friday and got the letter on Monday.
I am OOS. So, they get those letters out fast.

Yes I confirmed this today. Although they told me my deposit was due Mar 7, my call was Feb 13th. So they give you about a week of room just to get the letter (I received mine like Feb 19th or something like that).
I'd come here :)

Other students in my shoes have mostly made that same call.
Liberty is super nice but I think at LMU they already know what they are doing and I feel you have way more time to prepare for boards. That's the most important I think.