Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd like to speak about the attrition.

First of all, I had numerous offers and when I first heard about LMU having a high attrition rate it really made me reconsider my decision. I called and spoke with LMU faculty at length about this. Recently, in a class of roughly 220, about 20 either left on their own accord, had significant health issues and had to defer a year, were dismissed, or simply decided that medicine wasn't for them. The roughly 10% rate is incredibly alarming on the surface, but a deeper look shows you that it's really nothing of concern. Only about 3 people were asked to not return due to academic performance. That's the only number that is of importance. People at any and every school find out early and often that medicine isn't for them and get out before they get buried with debt. Health issues are out of both the student and LMU's hands. After speaking with faculty and students it is quite apparent that DCOM does a good job preparing its students to do well in the preclinical curriculum. The opportunity to excel is there. LMU is invested in its students and wants us all to become physicians. This isn't the Caribbean, it's a US medical school with a good amount of experience and success under it's belt.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

First of all, I had numerous offers and when I first heard about LMU having a high attrition rate it really made me reconsider my decision. I called and spoke with LMU faculty at length about this. Recently, in a class of roughly 220, about 20 either left on their own accord, had significant health issues and had to defer a year, were dismissed, or simply decided that medicine wasn't for them. The roughly 10% rate is incredibly alarming on the surface, but a deeper look shows you that it's really nothing of concern. Only about 3 people were asked to not return due to academic performance. That's the only number that is of importance. People at any and every school find out early and often that medicine isn't for them and get out before they get buried with debt. Health issues are out of both the student and LMU's hands. After speaking with faculty and students it is quite apparent that DCOM does a good job preparing its students to do well in the preclinical curriculum. The opportunity to excel is there. LMU is invested in its students and wants us all to become physicians. This isn't the Caribbean, it's a US medical school with a good amount of experience and success under it's belt.

Im interested in this academic performance who were asked to leave. What were their GPA and MCAT scores? Did they just not try?

To those who submitted their secondaries already...

When I made the payment and submitted the secondary, I logged off and logged back on just to see my status. When i click View Application, in those boxes where I had copy and pasted my essays to the prompts, I don't see my pasted essay anymore. I do still see the rec letter people names that I had written in in those boxes.

Anyone else experienced this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im interested in this academic performance who were asked to leave. What were their GPA and MCAT scores? Did they just not try?
I can't speak to their credentials. From what I've been told, you really have to work or plain give up to fail enough to be kicked out of school. I've also had a close friend that recently was kicked out of my state MD school. She was severely depressed and instead of communicating and seeking help she kept quiet and slowly failed out. Everything points towards working hard and working smart = passing at the least.

I can't speak to their credentials. From what I've been told, you really have to work or plain give up to fail enough to be kicked out of school. I've also had a close friend that recently was kicked out of my state MD school. She was severely depressed and instead of communicating and seeking help she kept quiet and slowly failed out. Everything points towards working hard and working smart = passing at the least.

Getting accepted isn't quite a conveyor belt to success, but what I have heard and seen from working in a teaching facility is that once you pass through the gates into medical school, if you make an effort and keep showing up, you will find your way to becoming an attending somewhere. Some faculty I know have complained that they aren't allowed (by their department chief) to fail students who they feel really deserve it. They give them B grades and pass them along to the next rotation. I've worked with a few residents who I mistook for medical students because they were so clueless. I think the attrition rates once you get into med school are much lower than they probably ought to be. There is a sense that, look, these people are so invested, they have spent so much to get where they are, we don't want to be the ones to put an end to their career.

I started a two year nursing diploma program alongside 85 people. I graduated with 40. That was the typical attrition for that school. They were so proud of failing students out that some professors bragged about how many they could weed out each rotation. The clinical grade for each course was purely subjective, and some instructors would pick out someone in each clinical to fail, even if they had an A in the didactic portion. You could repeat only 1 course. A second failure in any course and you were gone. Only As (>93%) and Bs (84-92) were passing grades. Anything 83% and below was an F. The school was so proud of its 98% pass rate for the first attempt on the nursing licensure exam and the outstanding reputation of the students that it did graduate that it happily ruined the lives of dozens of students each year who weren't as strong. As they say, nurses eat their young.

The way medical students are treated is so very different. The training is more intense, to be sure, but the schools are so much more supportive. If you try hard and ask for help when you are struggling, I get the sense that they will do whatever it takes to keep you from failing.

Guess I am saying, even if the rate really were 10%... that is so much better than what I've gone through before that I would feel pretty safe with that.

Reactions: 1 users

I don't know what their GPA or MCAT was, but as you probably figure, DCOM fully understands that their efforts are reflected in the schools reputation. If the school sucks at teaching, then the professors that have uprooted their lives to come here will have wasted their sacrifices. With that said, everyone I know who has failed out has had a relatively lackadaisical attitude toward their efforts and performance. To them, a C was acceptable and there was no absolute concern. While ultimately grades are no longer the biggest thing residencies look at for their incoming residents (Boards are the big one now), it is still important that you strive for A's and truly learn the material. As you know, this is not undergraduate education and is a new ball game. With such comes a responsibility to do your best, and then some. For example, one individual that I know of in my class is no longer with us. His attitude was far too lax for a graduate program and because of this, he has gone. The others that are gone also had different attitudes or did not reach out for help before it was too late. Finding your nitch and your way of learning is very important.

As another student mentioned, others in our class decided medicine was not for them and dropped out or had personal circumstances that required they discontinue till the following year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

I won't call the faculty liars but take what they said with a grain of salt. Would you openly admit more than a few students failed if you worked there? I would venture to say no because it's all about saving face.

I won't call the faculty liars but take what they said with a grain of salt. Would you openly admit more than a few students failed if you worked there? I would venture to say no because it's all about saving face.

Well, being the LMU alum that you are, I really do appreciate your advice. The thing is, it's not a huge secret that LMU will let the occasional 3.3/21 student into their medical school. I know that arguments can be made for and against any correlation between undergraduate numbers and medical school success. But a few hours west at Vanderbilt, where it's rare for a sub 30 MCAT student to matriculate, I would venture a guess that their pure attrition (that is, students that fail out) is likely at a less rate than LMU. In simpler terms, my guess is that the lower the caliber of student accepted, the higher chance of them failing out. LMU isn't vandy, obviously, but it surely isn't a carib school either.

But, I've spoken about this probably more than necessary.

Good luck to everyone applying. While I haven't started yet, I have every reason to believe that getting a medical education at LMU will be a great thing. If you're on the fence at this school at least come and see it if you can afford that trip (for an interview). I'm moving to TN this weekend and will be available to answer any questions after then.

Well, being the LMU alum that you are, I really do appreciate your advice. The thing is, it's not a huge secret that LMU will let the occasional 3.3/21 student into their medical school. I know that arguments can be made for and against any correlation between undergraduate numbers and medical school success. But a few hours west at Vanderbilt, where it's rare for a sub 30 MCAT student to matriculate, I would venture a guess that their pure attrition (that is, students that fail out) is likely at a less rate than LMU. In simpler terms, my guess is that the lower the caliber of student accepted, the higher chance of them failing out. LMU isn't vandy, obviously, but it surely isn't a carib school either.

But, I've spoken about this probably more than necessary.

Good luck to everyone applying. I'm moving to TN this weekend and will be available to answer any questions after then.

Do you think that I have a shot? 3.2 cum and science, 25 MCAT?

I think you have a reasonable shot if your EC's are in line and you apply early. Understand that you are below their average in both GPA and MCAT, but they're averages for a reason(one of the people I interviewed with that is matriculating at LMU had a 35+ and an equally impressive gpa). If you haven't sent your application yet, do it in the next 48 hours. Seriously.

Secondary Submitted! I was told by admissions that interviews will begin in September.

I think you have a reasonable shot if your EC's are in line and you apply early. Understand that you are below their average in both GPA and MCAT, but they're averages for a reason(one of the people I interviewed with that is matriculating at LMU had a 35+ and an equally impressive gpa). If you haven't sent your application yet, do it in the next 48 hours. Seriously.

Cool. ECs are all in line except the DO shadowing. Really like the school , do u happen to know where they start to make cut offs statwise? Like 3.0 and 20 mcat?

GypsyHummus, you do have a shot. There has certainly been lower that have gotten in and been able to actually do quite well. I would not however rush submitting your application if you are not ready too. There is plenty of time to submit it as interviews do go all the way until May, but, still do your best to get it in as soon as possible. Make sure that your personal statement is the best that it can possibly be. That is really the first introduction that the admissions staff will have to you and rushing this could be the difference between an interview or not. If you have not submitted it yet, I would gladly look over it for you and be one of you many that should have read over it. As Mehd School said, your EC's will also play a big roll in your ability to get in.

The "reviewing your personal statement" offer stand for anyone. I would be more than happy to be one of your MANY that should have looked at it and critiqued it. That is, while I have some time for the next week or two. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool. ECs are all in line except the DO shadowing. Really like the school , do u happen to know where they start to make cut offs statwise? Like 3.0 and 20 mcat?

I'm actually unsure of cutoffs if they do exist.

In regards to the timeline, obviously make sure what you are putting down on paper is quality. I stand by my post though, in respects to get it in ASAP. I submitted in september with good stats as well as incredible EC's (first author pubs, started and sold a business, thousands of paid clinical hours) and it was a very stressful cycle for me until I got my first acceptance. I was very (read: extremely) lucky to have a retired med school adcom as a personal mentor. He told me that with medical school applications, if you're not early you're late. I didn't believe him at first, but now I do. He told me a few years ago NSU had their entire class filled by Christmas! The last interviews that went into filling that class (and not the wait list) happened in late October. I was barely verified in October, let alone getting interviews.

The fact is, the majority of the underdogs get their acceptances early or come off the wait list late. Be proactive, get your stuff in now, and with some luck you'll be in somewhere before xmas.

I'm actually unsure of cutoffs if they do exist.

In regards to the timeline, obviously make sure what you are putting down on paper is quality. I stand by my post though, in respects to get it in ASAP. I submitted in september with good stats as well as incredible EC's (first author pubs, started and sold a business, thousands of paid clinical hours) and it was a very stressful cycle for me until I got my first acceptance. I was very (read: extremely) lucky to have a retired med school adcom as a personal mentor. He told me that with medical school applications, if you're not early you're late. I didn't believe him at first, but now I do. He told me a few years ago NSU had their entire class filled by Christmas! The last interviews that went into filling that class (and not the wait list) happened in late October. I was barely verified in October, let alone getting interviews.

The fact is, the majority of the underdogs get their acceptances early or come off the wait list late. Be proactive, get your stuff in now, and with some luck you'll be in somewhere before xmas.

Did u get interviews anywhere else?

Right on. Way to make a positive out of a negative. If you are looking to be an auslander on purpose, to gain something from it, then I think you could find that experience around there. My grandfather's generation fought in WWII and Korea, and some of them are still pretty sore about it. Some of the ethnic slurs that I learned as a child to refer to people from various Asian regions were so specific that I actually thought they were the proper terms for people from those areas. And I wasn't corrected by any of the adults around me until, hmm, middle school?

If you let your authentic humanity into your practice, open and curious, compassionate and accepting, you will have all the tools you need to build bridges across even the widest cultural divides. The fact that you think about the issue in this way suggests to me that you will be a great doctor.

Impressive. Very well said. Thanks for saying it.

how long did people make their second secondary essay ? (the time/energy one?)

I don't know what their GPA or MCAT was, but as you probably figure, DCOM fully understands that their efforts are reflected in the schools reputation. If the school sucks at teaching, then the professors that have uprooted their lives to come here will have wasted their sacrifices. With that said, everyone I know who has failed out has had a relatively lackadaisical attitude toward their efforts and performance. To them, a C was acceptable and there was no absolute concern. While ultimately grades are no longer the biggest thing residencies look at for their incoming residents (Boards are the big one now), it is still important that you strive for A's and truly learn the material. As you know, this is not undergraduate education and is a new ball game. With such comes a responsibility to do your best, and then some. For example, one individual that I know of in my class is no longer with us. His attitude was far too lax for a graduate program and because of this, he has gone. The others that are gone also had different attitudes or did not reach out for help before it was too late. Finding your nitch and your way of learning is very important.

As another student mentioned, others in our class decided medicine was not for them and dropped out or had personal circumstances that required they discontinue till the following year.

This.

I was worried about attrition rates too when I started school and yeah, it's scary as hell to see people you know leave and never come back but for the most part it wasn't a complete surprise. I don't know specific stats/numbers on these people and their grades/MCATs but I'll agree with Happy Student in that, for the most part, there was a common attitude amongst students that were let go. Get help if you need it --there's tutoring available and sometimes professors will let you join a group even if you aren't failing the tests--and if you have something going on in your life, talk to someone. Don't wait around and hope it'll go away on its own. Other than that, cramming (I'm the queen of cramming and have the UG stats to show for it unfortunately) won't take you very far. Sure, you might scrape by in most classes but it'll come back to bite you in the butt very quickly when 2nd semester comes around. The only other common thing I noticed with people that didn't do well was study habits in terms of group studying vs studying alone. Studying in groups is great but if you're not getting anything done, then stop kidding yourself. At the same time, if you find yourself socializing with other people in the quiet study space instead of actually studying or you're taking study breaks every 10 mins, reevaluate what you're doing. What works for 1 person doesn't work for everyone.

But don't worry too much. There's lots of people that graduate and DO do well so it's not all doom and gloom. But I was anxious about the same stuff so I can see where you're coming from.

Is their official character limits for the secondary prompts? Should they be 1600 characters like other responses..or?

So what is the guidline... what are they expecting?

Use as much space as you need without fluffing it up. I would try to keep it around 1 page max. Question one is two different questions basically in one so I have a little over a page and about 160 words for question 2.
Basically short, clear, and concise.

I have been watching LMU DCOM fairly closely, and my top choice is between DCOM and MU-COM. I'm a midwesterner, BS in Business and finished up a 1 year formal post bacc just this past spring. My current sGPA is a 3.54, cGPA 3.41 and an MCAT of 27 (9, 10, 8). I worked my entire undergraduate full time in a trauma center (40-45 hours/week, 4 years) and worked primarily with DOs, volunteered with campus EMS for 3 years. Sat on a committee for the 2nd largest student run philanthropy in the country, teaching assistant for 2 courses in my undergrad. Finished my post bacc with a 3.8 and got a solid committee letter from it as well. Do I have a shot at DCOM this cycle? I'm trying to get a feel for the normal applicant profile here and see how I measure up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have been watching LMU DCOM fairly closely, and my top choice is between DCOM and MU-COM. I'm a midwesterner, BS in Business and finished up a 1 year formal post bacc just this past spring. My current sGPA is a 3.54, cGPA 3.41 and an MCAT of 27 (9, 10, 8). I worked my entire undergraduate full time in a trauma center (40-45 hours/week, 4 years) and worked primarily with DOs, volunteered with campus EMS for 3 years. Sat on a committee for the 2nd largest student run philanthropy in the country, teaching assistant for 2 courses in my undergrad. Finished my post bacc with a 3.8 and got a solid committee letter from it as well. Do I have a shot at DCOM this cycle? I'm trying to get a feel for the normal applicant profile here and see how I measure up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
You are in excellent shape as long as you got patient contact during your time as EMS and at the trauma center (only saying because you didn't specify what you did).

Sorry about that, I should have specified. I was a trauma technician in the department and was a field supervisor for campus EMS. Thanks!

You are in excellent shape as long as you got patient contact during your time as EMS and at the trauma center (only saying because you didn't specify what you did).

Hey guys!

I don't remember if I've ever posted in here or not (boards have consumed me for the past few months). If I haven't, I'm a third year here at DCOM starting rotations next Monday. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything! Sorry I'm so late getting to this board...

Good luck everyone!

Hey guys!

I don't remember if I've ever posted in here or not (boards have consumed me for the past few months). If I haven't, I'm a third year here at DCOM starting rotations next Monday. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything! Sorry I'm so late getting to this board...

Good luck everyone!
Do you know of anyone that didn't match anywhere from LMU?

Are your clinical sites close to LMU (50 miles or less)? Thank you for answering!

No, my clinical site is about 80 miles driving from LMU's main campus. There are closer clinical sites, but not a lot closer. We do have a clinical site within 50 miles, just not the one that I'm at.

Do you know of anyone that didn't match anywhere from LMU?

I could have this stat slightly wrong but I couldn't find the link anymore so if someone has more insight, chime in :)

To my knowledge, LMU has ranked in the top 3 DO schools every year since it began matching students concerning schools who's students match into their chosen field. Pretty nifty, I think.

Secondary submitted! Really looking forward to checking out DCOM. Does anyone know if there is a 'complete' email to watch out for? Good luck everybody!!

I was wondering if I could get some insight into my current situation from other fellow DO applicants.

My AACOMAS is currently processing (been about 4 weeks of that so far, hope to get verified soon). My stats are 3.1/27. I graduated from college in 2010 as a Bio major. Since then I have done tutoring, volunteering at a hospital in India, shadowed doctors in Canada, India, and my current boss at Stanford (with whom I have been doing paid full-time research for 2 years as well now). I also have research experience for 3 years of my undergrad and was a member of a pre-med fraternity. LORs - I have 2 from undergrad professors (4 years old now), and one from my current boss, who's an M.D. I have also been in touch with 2 D.O. physicians, who are allowing me to shadow them during the next few weeks and will provide me with 2 more LORs.

My dilemma comes here: I have gotten into a Caribbean med school (AUC) starting September. I would strongly prefer to see my DO applications to completion, but I've been told by AUC that I can't defer my admission to January, and that if I choose not to go, it is unlikely they will admit me again if I reapply because I'd have spurned them once already. Does anyone think I have enough of a shot at a DO school that I should give up my acceptance to AUC, or should I take advantage of an open door now that I have one?

I've taken the MCAT 3 times, applied unsuccessfully to AMCAS twice, and am hesitant to prolong trying to get into anything after next year because I've spent so many years already out of school (I'm 26 years old) and I know admission only gets harder every year.

Any advice/opinions are welcome, as I'm kind of stressing out about my decision...thanks!

I was wondering if I could get some insight into my current situation from other fellow DO applicants.

My AACOMAS is currently processing (been about 4 weeks of that so far, hope to get verified soon). My stats are 3.1/27. I graduated from college in 2010 as a Bio major. Since then I have done tutoring, volunteering at a hospital in India, shadowed doctors in Canada, India, and my current boss at Stanford (with whom I have been doing paid full-time research for 2 years as well now). I also have research experience for 3 years of my undergrad and was a member of a pre-med fraternity. LORs - I have 2 from undergrad professors (4 years old now), and one from my current boss, who's an M.D. I have also been in touch with 2 D.O. physicians, who are allowing me to shadow them during the next few weeks and will provide me with 2 more LORs.

My dilemma comes here: I have gotten into a Caribbean med school (AUC) starting September. I would strongly prefer to see my DO applications to completion, but I've been told by AUC that I can't defer my admission to January, and that if I choose not to go, it is unlikely they will admit me again if I reapply because I'd have spurned them once already. Does anyone think I have enough of a shot at a DO school that I should give up my acceptance to AUC, or should I take advantage of an open door now that I have one?

I've taken the MCAT 3 times, applied unsuccessfully to AMCAS twice, and am hesitant to prolong trying to get into anything after next year because I've spent so many years already out of school (I'm 26 years old) and I know admission only gets harder every year.

Any advice/opinions are welcome, as I'm kind of stressing out about my decision...thanks!
MCAT is good/average. GPA is too low. Last two years you should've retaken some classes to raise your GPA for D.O schools because they do grade replacement. Assuming you have volunteer experience at a hospital in the United States/clinic I think your GPA is the only thing holding you back.

MCAT is good/average. GPA is too low. Last two years you should've retaken some classes to raise your GPA for D.O schools because they do grade replacement. Assuming you have volunteer experience at a hospital in the United States/clinic I think your GPA is the only thing holding you back.

Thanks, yeah that's definitely my big red flag. I regret not taking more classes, but I made the mistake of not even considering DO until this year. Do you think I still have a chance and should say no to AUC and continue with DO secondaries? Would LMU-DCOM still consider me?

Any others with anything to add?

Thanks, yeah that's definitely my big red flag. I regret not taking more classes, but I made the mistake of not even considering DO until this year. Do you think I still have a chance and should say no to AUC and continue with DO secondaries? Would LMU-DCOM still consider me?

My MCAT score was the same as yours and I also took it three times. My GPA was higher but I did not have near the extra curriculars you have nor any DO letters (only an MD). If venture to say you've got a pretty good chance, but a lot of it has to do with personality and "fit" that's only determined in an interview. People with better stats than us have been rejected and those with worse have been accepted because of it.

My MCAT score was the same as yours and I also took it three times. My GPA was higher but I did not have near the extra curriculars you have nor any DO letters (only an MD). If venture to say you've got a pretty good chance, but a lot of it has to do with personality and "fit" that's only determined in an interview. People with better stats than us have been rejected and those with worse have been accepted because of it.

How much higher was your GPA?

It seems all the lowest-end acceptances have lower MCAT scores but still higher GPA than me, so that's still not helpful for me to gauge my chances. I have to see someone with my GPA post something about whether they got in or not.

I wish I had a more concrete answer as to whether all my EC's and LOR's make up for the low GPA. Does it help at all that I went to a challenging school in UC Berkeley? Or that I am currently taking an Immunology course and plan to take a couple more this and next year should I decline the AUC acceptance?

LMU is considered as one of those schools that really looks at the whole applicant (not number loving like the Touros). It is hard to say because the cycle can be a crap shoot. I don't think LMU has a cut off but you would have a great shot at the new schools too but double check their GPA cut offs thou.

Does it help at all that I went to a challenging school in UC Berkeley? Or that I am currently taking an Immunology course and plan to take a couple more this and next year should I decline the AUC acceptance?

I do think that, in general, schools do take into consideration the difficulty of the college you attended. Especially if it's well known to be that way like Berkeley.

I do think that, in general, schools do take into consideration the difficulty of the college you attended. Especially if it's well known to be that way like Berkeley.

If your GPA is low it's irrelevant where you went. The idea that some schools are inherently harder than others is greatly exaggerated anyway.

If your GPA is low it's irrelevant where you went. The idea that some schools are inherently harder than others is greatly exaggerated anyway.
Amen! The only true difference among schools is class size. Of course, you'll run into bad professors every now and then, but that's everywhere.

LMU is considered as one of those schools that really looks at the whole applicant (not number loving like the Touros). It is hard to say because the cycle can be a crap shoot. I don't think LMU has a cut off but you would have a great shot at the new schools too but double check their GPA cut offs thou.

LMU, as far as I know, doesn't have a cut off. My gpa was lower than yours, my MCAT actually went down when I took it (28-->26) and I was initially waitlisted but got in after doing their masters. I would shoot janette martin and email and see if she has advice; she's extremely helpful and will tell you.

Agreed. I attended a pretty well-known school on the west coast prior to medical school and I was told by numerous places that they did take my college into account.

True to a point. LMU specifically told me that they knew my undergrad was more rigorous than others and took that into account...hence me probably being waitlisted vs straight out rejected--given my gpa.

The following answer to your question is strictly objective and playing devils advocate to get you thinking about things that will help you make your decision.

Everyone has been answering as to your stats and your EC's. Truth be told, What they say wont mean you will or wont get into a school. Your GPA is low, but! I have heard of lower getting into schools. The biggest thing you need to analyze for yourself are two things:

One, if you do withdraw your acceptance from AUC and you don't get into any DO schools or anywhere else, will you be able to handle having to accept the rejection and reapply next year? As the old saying goes, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. A stem from this question and looking in the current direction you are going, will you be happy at AUC? (and in no way is that question derogatory). It is not an ideal situation moving there (although nice scenery), but it does get you where you want to go.

Second (strictly objective): You said earlier that you never considered Osteopathic medicine in years past and this is your third year applying. Do you perhaps have a lack of understanding or attitude toward osteopathic medicine that may be portrayed in your personal statement and or interviews? this is something else you need to consider before withdrawing your acceptance to AUC as schools may look at this and wonder why you didn't try going this route before. Will you be happy having a DO behind your name (even though there is no difference in practicality between the two).

Truthfully, most of us don't have a great understanding of osteopathic medicine until we do go through it. But, if you are only going this route because you have exhausted all others, then schools may be curious about your choice to try it this time and it could effect the positive outcome and make you regret withdrawing from a school that you had an acceptance too.

Sorry, I know this doesn't tell you what to do, but hopefully it stimulate thought and helps you answer your own question.

Last edited:

Honestly, if you are unattached (not married with responsibilities) then AUC may be a good fit for you. Lots of good doctors have gone that rout and have been successful.