Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey , I was complete on Dec 7th and I got a phone call for an interview on January 19th. However, they did not conduct the interview on the 20th due to the snow storm. So basically, it will take 6 weeks until they call you up for an interview but since there is snow storm everything will be behind a little.

Thanks for your supah quick answer! Did you contact them during that span of 6 weeks? It is so hard to just sit around!
Also thanks for letting also mentioning that you get contacted via phone!

Any word on when your interview was rescheduled? (sending positive thoughts your way)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your supah quick answer! Did you contact them during that span of 6 weeks? It is so hard to just sit around!
Also thanks for letting also mentioning that you get contacted via phone!

Any word on when your interview was rescheduled? (sending positive thoughts your way)
hey No problem at all. Once they told me I am complete I have not contacted them because actually once you're complete their screen processing begins and its better not to bug them a lot. The school was closed last week so there were not anyone in the office to call and reschedule an interview. So all I am doing is waiting and being patient and knowing the fact that I have more time to be prepared for the interview. Thanks for your wishes and I wish you best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment on the housing provided by DCOM? I remember a building that was for DCOM students only. Is there a meal plan?

Can anyone comment on the housing provided by DCOM? I remember a building that was for DCOM students only. Is there a meal plan?

There is the Mars and Lee building and right next door is the Inn. Mars and Lee is if you would like to have some roommates - you each have your own room but share a living room and kitchen. The Inn is no roommates, but is a single or a double room - it's a refurbished hotel so think of how big a generic hotel room is and that gives you a really good estimate on the size. I personally have a double room because I like having walls that separate my living room from the bedroom. I really enjoy living at the Inn specifically because it's pay one time and done. I don't have to worry about monthly bills and I have unlimited electricity, heating/cooling and hot water. It's also nice having friends that live right down the hall in case anyone needs anything.

There is a meal plan but the food is all the way at the campus, and it's LMU's cafeteria. I looked at the hours of operation and it really goes against a med student's schedule. None of my friends have a meal plan, we all make our own meals.

For those of you who have gotten accepted, would you mind sharing your gpa/mcat - curious as to where i fall... Thanks!!!

Does anyone know which textbooks are required for 1st year?

If you just want to see what you might need is http://legacy.lmunet.edu/dcom/academics/oms1.shtml. Things could change for you incoming students but I'm not sure how likely that is. I do want to highly, and I mean, HIGHLY suggest not to buy your textbooks (or at least wait till you get here and students are selling their second hand ones). The only one I would suggest getting is Netters so that you can take it into the anatomy lab and share it with your group. To pass the exams for 1st year, all you need is the lectures and then research the few things you don't understand. I know many students who bought books and then never opened them. One friend of mine however, loves getting textbooks.

I'm just submitting my secondary today - is it too late? Stats - 3.91 GPA, 30 MCAT. MSc in progress. Also, I'm Canadian

I'm just submitting my secondary today - is it too late? Stats - 3.91 GPA, 30 MCAT. MSc in progress. Also, I'm Canadian

Ouch. As a Canadian this late it could be tricky but those a great numbers.

Your numbers are legit but, as most are saying, this is pretty late. There's still a shot, though, especially with your digits.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Accepted with or without an interview? Mind sharing stats? Also in state or oos? But congrats!

No official second look day. You could contact the admissions office and maybe they could arrange to have a student give you a tour of some kind.

How long does it take to receive an email post acceptance?

Anyone know when to expect the matriculation packet information regarding vaccinations/drug screen/background check, etc? I thought it was supposed to come some time in January but all I've gotten are emails regarding financial aid, direct deposit, health insurance, and scholarships. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything else.

Anyone know when to expect the matriculation packet information regarding vaccinations/drug screen/background check, etc? I thought it was supposed to come some time in January but all I've gotten are emails regarding financial aid, direct deposit, health insurance, and scholarships. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything else.
That is all that I have gotten as well. They should be sending e-mails soon regarding certified background check and other conditions for matriculation. They told me it would be sent out in January, but still haven't received anything, yet.

Idk about you guys but I've already received the matriculation email information regarding vaccinations/drugscreen/background check, etc.