Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe, if I remember correctly, her name was Rebecca...so possibly Becky?? Not sure if that's the same person. I called on a Tuesday afternoon and that's just who I was put on the line with. Didn't talk to her for long at all, she quickly transferred me to Robin who shared the good news. :)

Thank you!! With similar numbers, hopefully good news is headed your way as well. Can I ask why this is your top choice? I like everything I see so far, but other perspectives really help!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Gave them a call today and Robin picked up, she said that the committee is meeting early next week to review applications! Fingers and toes are crossed and praying for good news!

Thank you! :) You really live up to your username! ;)
Sure! First and foremost, it is the closest medical school to where I am from. It's instate, and I do not want to be far from my family. I have only heard great things about the staff and faculty! Everyone who has toured or interviewed there has said that the environment is warm and welcoming. I think this is very important especially considering how small of a town Harrogate is! We are going to spend a huge chunk of our time in class, lecture, lab, and studying, and in my case I will be hours from my family. Having a reliable school family is very important considering all of this. Also, LMU takes advantage of the rural setting and I love that! They go to the local high school and do a bunch of outreach programs. They have research opportunities. And I just really embody their mission statement!

Hopefully that helps! Just my 2 cents! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I believe, if I remember correctly, her name was Rebecca...so possibly Becky?? Not sure if that's the same person. I called on a Tuesday afternoon and that's just who I was put on the line with. Didn't talk to her for long at all, she quickly transferred me to Robin who shared the good news. :)

Thank you!! With similar numbers, hopefully good news is headed your way as well. Can I ask why this is your top choice? I like everything I see so far, but other perspectives really help!

Rebecca Barnett

Members don't see this ad :)
Gave them a call today and Robin picked up, she said that the committee is meeting early next week to review applications! Fingers and toes are crossed and praying for good news!

Thank you! :) You really live up to your username! ;)
Sure! First and foremost, it is the closest medical school to where I am from. It's instate, and I do not want to be far from my family. I have only heard great things about the staff and faculty! Everyone who has toured or interviewed there has said that the environment is warm and welcoming. I think this is very important especially considering how small of a town Harrogate is! We are going to spend a huge chunk of our time in class, lecture, lab, and studying, and in my case I will be hours from my family. Having a reliable school family is very important considering all of this. Also, LMU takes advantage of the rural setting and I love that! They go to the local high school and do a bunch of outreach programs. They have research opportunities. And I just really embody their mission statement!

Hopefully that helps! Just my 2 cents! :)

Glad you got in touch. And, thanks for the response--it does help!

Has anyone who interviewed on February 12th at LMU DCOM heard back? They said the dean would call Friday or Saturday to those accepted, but several people I have spoken with have heard nothing. I suppose we could just all not have been accepted, but at the same time I'm still holding out hope human error was at play here.

Has anyone who interviewed on February 12th at LMU DCOM heard back? They said the dean would call Friday or Saturday to those accepted, but several people I have spoken with have heard nothing. I suppose we could just all not have been accepted, but at the same time I'm still holding out hope human error was at play here.

I've literally been losing my mind staring at my phone the past few days. Thanks for posting this, now I know it's not just me who didn't hear back.
I made an account just to comment on this

I've literally been losing my mind staring at my phone the past few days. Thanks for posting this, now I know it's not just me who didn't hear back.
I made an account just to comment on this

Apparently the dean did make a call on Friday to at least one other candidate, but he doesn't make all calls in one day. There are other instances where he has called on the Sunday and even Tuesday following the intended Friday or Saturday. So we still have some hope!

Apparently the dean did make a call on Friday to at least one other candidate, but he doesn't make all calls in one day. There are other instances where he has called on the Sunday and even Tuesday following the intended Friday or Saturday. So we still have some hope!

The masters students who were accepted last week were called on Monday during class, if that settles your anxiety at all...

The masters students who were accepted last week were called on Monday during class, if that settles your anxiety at all...

Many of us were even called on Tuesday. I know I was.

I got an email today informing me that my application is being reviewed this week because they didn't have time last week

I'm interviewing this Friday. Pretty nervous - this is my number 1 choice, don't want to go anywhere else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, we were probably in the waiting room at the same time lol.

This interview is pretty laid back, so don't be too nervous
Really though- don't be nervous. Have a brief answer to why medicine but the relaxed version- just incase they do ask you. After they asked that question we ended up talking about RPing and larping so you know, it can go anywhere. If you made it to the interview they just want to judge how you are as a person. That interview made this school my number 1- other schools just had this overbearing feeling that you were convincing them you aren't garbage where as LMU was way more welcoming.

I'm from ky and applying late. Is a 3.5gpa and a 515mcat competitive for here? Just got scores back from Jan mcat. I think I got 128c/p 125 VR 130b/b and 132 p/s. I have a few class retakes from back in the day. Also have a masters already. Still finishing up secondaries too unfortunately lol. I have no idea what other people are applying with. I'm also non trad and do not have a science degree if that matters at all.

You're stats are pretty good, the science degree doesn't matter. But I really want to ask if you Have to have to apply right now? Interviews are waning down (no I don't know how many are left) and you would get a lot of love from several schools if you wait and apply in the next few months for 2021.

hello all!
i was told the committee is meeting earlier this week to review applications, if i am lucky enough to get an II would I get it through email?
Thank you!

hello all!
i was told the committee is meeting earlier this week to review applications, if i am lucky enough to get an II would I get it through email?
Thank you!

Yes, if you get an II, you'll get an email from Robin about setting up a date. As you've probably seen, all interviews are on Fridays! Good luck!

I'm from ky and applying late. Is a 3.5gpa and a 515mcat competitive for here? Just got scores back from Jan mcat. I think I got 128c/p 125 VR 130b/b and 132 p/s. I have a few class retakes from back in the day. Also have a masters already. Still finishing up secondaries too unfortunately lol. I have no idea what other people are applying with. I'm also non trad and do not have a science degree if that matters at all.

Sorry for the double post - just saw this as well. Your stats are great and it doesn't matter if you have a science degree or not. Never came up during my interview.

We're pretty much getting close to the end of interview cycles for DCOM - there are only 8 scheduled interview dates left. Depending on how far you are in completing your AACOMAS, you'd be shooting for one of the last interview spots at best. While not impossible to squeeze in at the last minute, it is exceptionally difficult. I actually have a friend that submitted this late, received her interview and is currently an OMS-I, but she's got a rather remarkable application so it definitely isn't the norm.

This is a question for anyone who currently attends DCOM. Are their any dog parks in the area or does the school offer any dog friendly areas? My husband and I are looking at living in an RV while in school and I'm worried about the dogs not having a yard to play in. Hopefully school and studying wont consume so much time that I can't take them for walks. Just a curious question because I noticed there are no doggy daycares in the area. Thanks in advance.

This is a question for anyone who currently attends DCOM. Are their any dog parks in the area or does the school offer any dog friendly areas? My husband and I are looking at living in an RV while in school and I'm worried about the dogs not having a yard to play in. Hopefully school and studying wont consume so much time that I can't take them for walks. Just a curious question because I noticed there are no doggy daycares in the area. Thanks in advance.

Harrogate is basically 1 huge dog park. Obviously they will have to be on a leash but there are tons of hiking trails in the area. There is also a big park right across from the school. There isn't really anything else besides outdoor stuff like hiking and walking there lol. If school is taking up so much time that you don't have time to take your dogs for a walk you are doing something wrong :). There isn't really anywhere that I know of though where they could roam free (maybe someone else found something...I had a huge fenced in backyard so I never really looked).

If you're down in Cumberland gap, the locals tend to let their pets wander the streets. Now granted these dogs have been around forever and the people that live down in the gap know the dogs pretty well. The gap is rather secluded so it's not a huge issue, but I'd be wary about letting them roam in Harrogate or any of the other surrounding towns since the highway runs through all of them.

Are there any plans for new GME? Seems like the new dean did great things for CUSOM.

Random question (maybe?): are interviews this late in the cycle actually for open seats? Or is it mostly wait list at this point? I just got the email for an interview, and while I am planning on taking it, I'm trying to temper any excitement with a dose of reality.

Thanks

I was informed that my application was going in for second review last week. I think that the committee meets on Mon//Tues (Can someone please correct me if I am wrong? Thank you!) at least that is what I was told when I called. Does anyone know what this means? I am praying that it gets looked at in this batch that @Monkitty is in!! (congrats btw!!) very nervously standing by for the exact reason that @Monkitty mentioned above! Was anyone told they were going to be under second review?? Thanks y'all!!

Students that got in. Can you comment on your stats or what the average stats for admission is? Curious as to where i fall... Sure they look at the app holistically but in reality stats are obviously important too. Haha. Thanks and good luck!

Students that got in. Can you comment on your stats or what the average stats for admission is? Curious as to where i fall... Sure they look at the app holistically but in reality stats are obviously important too. Haha. Thanks and good luck!

What are your stats?

Random question (maybe?): are interviews this late in the cycle actually for open seats? Or is it mostly wait list at this point? I just got the email for an interview, and while I am planning on taking it, I'm trying to temper any excitement with a dose of reality.

Thanks
Recently interviewed and they informed us that they have 120-160 seats occupied with 243 seats in total. You will definitely be interviewing for an open seat. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Mind sharing stats?

Average stats for DCOM is about a 3.4 uGPA, 25/26 MCAT (500ish on the new one). Stats will be much more significantly important this time around - Dean Kessler appears to be big on stats. A number of students from the Masters program here got waitlisted due to a low MCAT.

Can anyone give me contact information of someone is Admission please. I have tried contacting them multiple times also leaving voicemails but no-one is getting back to me :/

Currently a Georgetown SMP student with a 3.2 undergraduate GPA and a 31 MCAT. File's been complete here for about four weeks now but no word on interview or denial, should I still be holding out hope? Really interested in DCOM, not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Currently a Georgetown SMP student with a 3.2 undergraduate GPA and a 31 MCAT. File's been complete here for about four weeks now but no word on interview or denial, should I still be holding out hope? Really interested in DCOM, not sure what to do. Any ideas?

You can call admissions and ask what the status is on your application. That's about it.

You can call admissions and ask what the status is on your application. That's about it.
Contacted the admissions office yesterday, the committee still hasn't viewed my file. For anyone still waiting on interviews, the person I spoke with indicated they are extremely backlogged and it may take a while for them to get through the large stack of applications they have.

I just had an interview at DCOM last Friday (2/26). Has anyone from that interview day received an acceptance call yet? Or, does anyone know when to expect the call (like time of day)?

I just had an interview at DCOM last Friday (2/26). Has anyone from that interview day received an acceptance call yet? Or, does anyone know when to expect the call (like time of day)?

Hey,
I interviewed the 26th as well. No word yet; made this account just to say this. Good luck!!!! I think our interview group was strong and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey,
I interviewed the 26th as well. No word yet; made this account just to say this. Good luck!!!! I think our interview group was strong and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Thank you for replying! I am hopeful but nervous as well! Good luck to you as well! I'm sure you did great.

Thanks
Hey, I interviewed on 2/26, and my group was told there were more than enough seats still open! Good luck to you!

Hey, I interviewed on 2/26, and my group was told there were more than enough seats still open! Good luck to you!

This is indeed correct - there are approximately 110ish seats still available for the class of 2020. The current waitlist pool is at about 130ish. Interview well, show them why you love medicine, why you want to be here of all places, and your chances are still pretty good.

When did you interview, if you don't mind me asking?

I interviewed on the 26th too, and I haven't heard anything back. It looks like we can hear back anytime from today up until even late next week, based on what some other people have been sharing. Hoping for the best for all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also interviewed the 26th...no word yet! Keeping my fingers crossed for a phone call today--but I think it very well could be a few more days of a wait if accepted. Good luck :)

Update: Just got the call! Very excited. Hope you all hear great news as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users