Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i was wondering the same thing, but i got a separate email saying i was complete Monday; but i submitted everything in mid july
So, I had the same thing. I called in to ask about that today and turns out that there are two separate emails that we get. So, once they get your secondary they send the "we'll contact you about an interview" email, but that doesn't mean that they're done putting your file together on their end. Once they put your file together, they will send the actual "completed" email. Hopefully that helps your confusion? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Renting here...I'll be driving in on Aug 27th for the 28th and leaving the 29th (2-night stay). Probably won't get there until 8pm...missing the dinner i think :(
how far are you driving? are you 25 yrs or older in age?

If you're asking if the interviews are indeed blind, yes they are. The people who will interview you will not know your mcat or gpa scores. They do have access to everything else though. Someone please correct me if that has changed from last year when I interviewed.

Congrats guys, good luck to everyone and their interviews! Also, patience is important to have. I had everything in the very first day, didn't interview till November, got waitlisted and wasn't pulled off the waitlist till the very beginning of July.

My understanding is their still doing blind

Members don't see this ad :)
Who all is going to be at the first interview?
If you have questions hit me up. I'm happy to answer during study breaks (we have our first block exam on Monday - you can almost taste the fear)

Interviewing on 9/4! My wife wants to come see the area/school, would this be odd? it says significant others welcome but I'm not aware of people doing this.

Interviewing on 9/4! My wife wants to come see the area/school, would this be odd? it says significant others welcome but I'm not aware of people doing this.

I think a wife is much more reasonable than helicopter parents or a clingy gf haha. Your wife will be sacrificing much for you as well, so it is understandable of her to want to come along too.

Also I will be there 9/4 as well!

I will be interviewing 9/11!! Hope to see some of you then. Good luck everyone!

Already had interviews scheduled during all of the initial available days so I am going in October

Of course your wife is welcome to come. It happens all the time and is encouraged if you want to do it. She will be going through the process as well and needs to see what she will be getting into. She can attend the entire day and doesn't have to stay in the hotel room. The school is very family friendly. The only time she wont be able to be with you is when you go in for your interview. But everything else, she can be apart of. You will probably even have an opportunity to speak with a student who is married, either at the dinner the night before or during your tour and lunch. They can help give some insight into the life of the medical student wife. If you want to PM me, I would be more than happy to share more about this and the experiences my wife has had.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it okay if I bring a significant other? Not a spouse :\

Yeah, she will be going through it with you as well. Plus, there is no way they wouldn't know if she/he is your wife/husband. I know sometimes when people bring a wife, sig other, or parent they can either sit in the fish bowl with the students or in the hallway, it doesn't matter. If they want to hear about the process too, or learn about the financial aid options and stuff then they can sit in with the student. They will need to dress nice as well though, don't have them coming in board shorts and a tank top. If they come, they represent you too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok cool. .relative to rotation sites, is it going to be the same rotation site all year?

Year 3 and 4 are at the same rotation site, sort of. during year 3, your non core rotations, you can do them at any place you want, or your rotation site if you choose. For example, during your non core 6 months, you could go home for that whole time, as long as you have physicians there that are willing to let you rotate with them. The only exception is the Family medicine rotation, that is done in your core site during your "non-core" rotations. During year 4, you do have rural rotation and ER that you do in your core rotation site. But during year 4, you are doing audition rotations at various residencies that you are interested in, so year 4 rotations are a little all over the place.

Year 3 and 4 are at the same rotation site, sort of. during year 3, your non core rotations, you can do them at any place you want, or your rotation site if you choose. For example, during your non core 6 months, you could go home for that whole time, as long as you have physicians there that are willing to let you rotate with them. The only exception is the Family medicine rotation, that is done in your core site during your "non-core" rotations. During year 4, you do have rural rotation and ER that you do in your core rotation site. But during year 4, you are doing audition rotations at various residencies that you are interested in, so year 4 rotations are a little all over the place.
Awesome very informative, I'm really glad I asked, thank you! Can't wait until next week! Saving every dime i make for this trip to Tennessee! #brokepremed

+1 ...anyone from nj area interviewing here? or current students from nj?

I'm from Maryland, but only about 1.5 hours from Campbel, NJ. I used to drive through it all the time heading to Philly.

I'm from Maryland, but only about 1.5 hours from Campbel, NJ. I used to drive through it all the time heading to Philly.
Ah very nice so id say you prob have some jersey vibes going then

I did some years in Plainfield, Bayonne, and Jersey City. Plenty of PA and NY plates in the lot, but only 1 Jersey plate so far.
ohh im very familiar with those cities....about 45 min from JC...one plate so far huh? Well looks like I'll be hopefully adding something new to class culture...key word: hopefully!

@HopefulDoc16 @Catfish-Cupcake
i am also going for the 9/18 interview and am shooting to get into knoxville airport (TYS) before 5PM on 9/17 so i can make it to the dinner thing. if you guys are planning the same, do you want to split a rental car and/or hotel room with me?

offer open to anyone else going on 9/18. i really want to save some $$$ and meet some new peeps.

Good luck at your interviews today!

Whats the average time people have been waiting between secondary submission and II?

I thought of something I figured I would share for those of you heading to interviews. If you are old enough, I would highly recommend renting a car or going in with someone else on this website to rent a car. Taking a Taxi to harrogate is not really an option. You can do it, but it will cost you over $100 one way! Just thought I would share.

I thought of something I figured I would share for those of you heading to interviews. If you are old enough, I would highly recommend renting a car or going in with someone else on this website to rent a car. Taking a Taxi to harrogate is not really an option. You can do it, but it will cost you over $100 one way! Just thought I would share.
someone please rent a car with me for the 9/18 interview

Current OMSII here. If y'all have any questions send them my way and I'll check back every so often!

Welcome to DCOM!

Current OMSII here. If y'all have any questions send them my way and I'll check back every so often!

Welcome to DCOM!
what were your stats? Were you IS or OOS? If OOS were did you come from?

I'm renting a car and driving from Atlanta if anyone is interested! It's going to be a looooooong drive.

I'm renting a car and driving from Atlanta if anyone is interested! It's going to be a looooooong drive.
I feel your pain, but I'm driving all the way from Maryland. I don't get off work until 5:45 and then it's a 9+ hour drive for my interview Friday. Yikes.

I feel your pain, but I'm driving all the way from Maryland. I don't get off work until 5:45 and then it's a 9+ hour drive for my interview Friday. Yikes.
you renting a car? if so how much is it costing you??

Geeeeez! I will count my lucky stars! Good luck and sleep as much as possible!

I am so excited about this school! Submitted secondary and paid over a week ago; I hope I'm not too late to get on this II train! I'd love to visit the area again; absolutely gorgeous, my favorite place to vacation! :love:

II on the 28th at 8:30AM. Will be driving in from Pittsburgh

I drove ~8 hours to my interview. It was a long drive, but it seemed shorter when I drove out here to move in :)

If your interview date is 9/18, i'll split gas with you if you pick me up from knoxville airport lol

Also II at 10:30 on September 11th! Can't wait!

Reactions: 1 users