Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When were you all complete? Did you get a second email after submitting secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
what were your stats?? I was complete a few weeks earlier and I was only offered september dates lol

Sometimes people cancel/reschedule and earlier interview dates open up.

@Happy Student @Lunzio
do you or any of your classmates have t-mobile? i'm relying on my phone to navigate me from knoxville airport to LMU and am worried there won't be a GPS signal halfway through the trip but I will be studying the map beforehand and packing a printed out google map route just in case (kickin it old school)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
scheduled my II for 10/2 if anybody else is going to be there that day
i'm going to stay an extra day to explore the area

@Happy Student @Lunzio
do you or any of your classmates have t-mobile? i'm relying on my phone to navigate me from knoxville airport to LMU and am worried there won't be a GPS signal halfway through the trip but I will be studying the map beforehand and packing a printed out google map route just in case (kickin it old school)

My wife has T-Mobile and you should be fine coming from Knoxville. FYI, you take the freeway for ~35 minutes, then switch to a local highway the rest of the trip. If you're staying in Middleboro, you'll have to cross the tunnel, but you'll pass the school on the way there.

@Happy Student @Lunzio

The general consensus is Verizon is the best around here. However almost nothing will work in the Gap.
That being said, I use AT&T and get fine reception everywhere but the Gap. Only one bar at my apartment though.

@Mjolner @Shinobiz11 route on google maps shows construction being done of the 33. do you know if that highway will get shut down next month? also, wow it looks likes it's gonna be a beautiful drive. i land at 4:30 pm. will it still be light enough to enjoy the drive

@Mjolner @Shinobiz11 route on google maps shows construction being done of the 33. do you know if that highway will get shut down next month? also, wow it looks likes it's gonna be a beautiful drive. i land at 4:30 pm. will it still be light enough to enjoy the drive

I don't know about construction. But there are two ways to get here from Knoxville so that might help.
Also it is INSANELY gorgeous here.

I don't know about construction. But there are two ways to get here from Knoxville so that might help.
Also it is INSANELY gorgeous here.
how's the weather in september? my TN friend said i will never fully experience real humidity until i go to the South. I've lived in south california all my life

Ahhhhhh my interview is in like two days!!!! No im not nervous...............well maybe a little......ok yes but def stoked for this experience too :)

how's the weather in september? my TN friend said i will never fully experience real humidity until i go to the South. I've lived in south california all my life

My home state is ten times as humid. It's not bad. It's been fantastic lately. Not SoCal weather, but we also don't have to wait for the biannual rainstorm. ;)

Any tips on interview day?
Honestly, and I thought this was bs when others told me this, interviews are different here. It's a convo not a high pressure event. Be yourself. Your numbers say you can be a DCOM student, show them your personality is a good fit and your gold.
We're not gunners here, we're a family.
I might go to the dinner Thursday if it doesn't interfere with the college Olympics. If so, I can give you more personally tailored tips.

Reactions: 1 users

I personally liked driving via 63 rather than 33. The drive is a few more miles but I think its quicker and less stressful (meaning you don't have to stop at many traffic lights). So that might be an option you can look into.

Just got verified. I'm sad, my overall gpa and science is 3.4.

Interviewing on 9/4! My wife wants to come see the area/school, would this be odd? it says significant others welcome but I'm not aware of people doing this.
Me too! And I've heard a lot of people bring their spouses so it won't be a problem.

Just got verified. I'm sad, my overall gpa and science is 3.4.
Don't be worried. I had a really bad sophomore/junior year in college for personal reasons and my cumulative GPA slipped to a 3.4 and science to a 3.2. I failed two science classes. Have improved since then, my GPA is now above a 3.5, but they don't know that. I got an interview date of 9/4, before my new transcript was sent out.

I received a " we received your secondary email" on July 27, but I haven't received a complete email. Should I call or email or just continue to wait?

I received a " we received your secondary email" on July 27, but I haven't received a complete email. Should I call or email or just continue to wait?
I had to call them to make sure it was complete. Then the person I talked to said she'd send me a complete email, as she had forgotten to, and I got one soon after that. I'd call.

what were your stats? Were you IS or OOS? If OOS were did you come from?

I'll PM you my stats!

As for telephone service, Verizon is king but I have AT&T and it's not terribad.

Everyone interviewing this Friday: Safe travels, sleep well. I probably won't make it in time for the dinner, but I'll see you guys in the morning for sure :)

Is there a complete email...? I never got one either

I just called admissions, super nice btw, and Ms. Lamb looked over my file ask me which letter was from a physician and marked it complete. So I would definitely call.

Boarding my flight right now, see you all tonight!

I called today to check if letters were received and they can't find my application! The lady on the phone seemed really nice though and said she'd work to fix it so I'm not worried yet. It shows up on their website so I wonder what happened =/

I signed up for the 10 30 am arrival slot. It says the interview will begin at 3, 3 30, or 4. Can anyone comment on whether or not this was a typo? So our interview is after the presentations at the end of the day?

I signed up for the 10 30 am arrival slot. It says the interview will begin at 3, 3 30, or 4. Can anyone comment on whether or not this was a typo? So our interview is after the presentations at the end of the day?
They'll tell you which slot you have between 3 and 4. There are other things planned around those times.

From what I understand most interviews follow the tour, financial aid info, then interview scheme

It looks like I accidentally called the undergraduate office which is why they couldn't find my apps. Does anyone know who to contact directly to ask if letters were received?

It looks like I accidentally called the undergraduate office which is why they couldn't find my apps. Does anyone know who to contact directly to ask if letters were received?
I just called Robin Lamb or Rebecca Barnett. They're really helpful and will get it all sorted out for you!

@Happy Student @Lunzio

It has already been answered, but I'll answer anyway. I have AT&T, I haven't had a problem in Harrogate, or anywhere really, with the exception of being down in the Gap. I lose service there and in the tunnel. The way from Knoxville to Harrogate I never lose service. I know Sprint sucks there. Not sure on T-mobile, although I know several students who had T-mobile and didn't seem to have a problem anywhere.

How long will people be at the meet and greet? I wouldn't be able to get there until about 7:30... My connecting flight was late

Just got into town. Decided to go to Gondoliers even though I'm pretty sure everyone is already gone. I cannot get over how beautiful it is here!

Reactions: 3 users
just got here too! awesome! really nice here cool tunnel too :)

Just got into town. Decided to go to Gondoliers even though I'm pretty sure everyone is already gone. I cannot get over how beautiful it is here!
was it still sun out when you landed
i'm hoping i get to see a cool sunset. i land at 4:30 pm on 9/18 according to my ticket

foto_no_exif.jpg

A little after 8PM.

Reactions: 4 users