Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, drive up to Pinnacle Overlook. You can see all 3 states. Great panoramic shot. You might be able to get the sunset and the moon in the same shot if you time it right the next few nights.
Feel free to PM me all the cool sites to visit lol. i hope to explore after my interview and the morning before my flight home. doubt my phone camera can take good photos of that lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone at interviews today!

Reactions: 4 users
What's the average stats of the last entering class? And do u guys think it is too late to send a secondary? I am from Kentucky, does that help?

What's the average stats of the last entering class? And do u guys think it is too late to send a secondary? I am from Kentucky, does that help?

Talking to other students here, numbers are all over the place. It's about fit more than raw numbers here.
Not too late to put in your secondary at all. And yes. Being from Kentucky will help.

Cancelling my interview here (accepted to my first choice school). Hope one of you gets to use my spot!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT results won't come till Sept 8th, so guessing my primary won't be verified until beginning/mid-October. Is this getting too late in the game? Really like this school/area.

3.0 cGPA, 4.0 post-bacc, research publication, 12K + hours of healthcare experience, but lots of big blemishes on academic record. Guessing MCAT somewhere between 500-510, but who knows.

Thanks!

MCAT results won't come till Sept 8th, so guessing my primary won't be verified until beginning/mid-October. Is this getting too late in the game? Really like this school/area.

3.0 cGPA, 4.0 post-bacc, research publication, 12K + hours of healthcare experience, but lots of big blemishes on academic record. Guessing MCAT somewhere between 500-510, but who knows.

Thanks!

I think it'll come down to how many hours of post-bacc and what you took

How'd the interviews/meet and greet go??

How'd the interviews/meet and greet go??
I didn't make it to the meet n greet I got in too late but the interviews were super relaxed. Every student I interacted with seemed to love it. A few stopped by before class to answer some questions and all seemed very happy. They definitely seem to be looking for fit more than anything at this school. I enjoyed the day this was my first so I don't have a lot to compare too but overall it seems like a great school.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing in Oct! I'm coming from the west coast and I'm not too familiar with the area. I'm looking at their instructions/info, but thought I'd ask here to see what some of you may think is a good hotel to stay at. The hotels they listed with a discount is in KY, wasn't sure where I should also fly into. Thanks for your help!

Interviewing in Oct! I'm coming from the west coast and I'm not too familiar with the area. I'm looking at their instructions/info, but thought I'd ask here to see what some of you may think is a good hotel to stay at. The hotels they listed with a discount is in KY, wasn't sure where I should also fly into. Thanks for your help!
What date? I'm flying into Louisville because it's the cheapest but it's a 4 hr drive. I'm staying at the days inn in middlesboro, ky

Congrats on the II's, how much time elapsed between the "complete" email and your II?

Can anyone please give more info on the meet and greet? Dress attire? Only current students and interviewees?

Any acceptances yet for the Class of 2020? Anxious for a call or letter.

Can anyone please give more info on the meet and greet? Dress attire? Only current students and interviewees?
It is casual and one person brought his wife when I was there for it last week.

Any acceptances yet for the Class of 2020? Anxious for a call or letter.
If you already interviewed, then you know they will not contact any of us until Friday at the earliest

Reactions: 1 user
Who else is going on Sept 11? I am super excited!

I've stayed at the Sleep Inn in Middlesboro (KY) and it's very nice. I'm not sure what the discounted hotel is, but if that's one, then I'd recommend it. It would take you about 10ish minutes to get to the school from there. Most everyone I know flies into Knoxville. Its still about an hour and 15 minute drive give or take, but the drive is easy and gorgeous!

It took them over a month from the time I submitted my secondary to the time I got a complete email. Did others have that long of a wait?

@TUVIX I did I just got completed last week when I called to ask if they needed anything.

I am! Very excited! where will you be staying? Haven't booked a hotel yet?
I am going to be at the holiday inn at Middlesboro, KY. How about you? It is pretty cool they are doing a dinner thing before the interview also! Are you going to be doing that?

were you guys able to meet with any of the 3rd or 4th years? i'm interested in hearing about what their clinicals are like

were you guys able to meet with any of the 3rd or 4th years? i'm interested in hearing about what their clinicals are like
No I do not believe any of them are around during the interview process

Unless they're a fellow like 99% of the third and fourth years are not in Harrogate anymore.

When were you all with II's complete? I'm nervous!
Good luck!

Submitted July 10 (secondary)
"Complete" August 18
II August 24 for Oct 2
be patient; i'm like you a bit, pulling hair for an II and reading on here about how people are already having 8+ II and 2 acceptances
it's still early and i think plenty of schools are just now getting into the gritty of reviewing apps

Submitted July 10 (secondary)
"Complete" August 18
II August 24 for Oct 2
be patient; i'm like you a bit, pulling hair for an II and reading on here about how people are already having 8+ II and 2 acceptances
it's still early and i think plenty of schools are just now getting into the gritty of reviewing apps

Patience is a virtue I unfortunately don't have! I'm working on it! :p Best of luck to you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we both hear back soon.

It is completely casual. This is hosted by current students and is only to give interviewees a chance to ask questions about the school and the area. It is not a part of your interview at all.
Jeans, even shorts are just fine. It's here to help alleviate stress, not add to it.

Patience is a virtue I unfortunately don't have! I'm working on it! :p Best of luck to you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we both hear back soon.

I'm in the same boat as you. The waiting thing kills me! Just gotta stay strong through it! :)

There are never 3rd and 4th years there. We have all moved away to our rotation site. If you want information about clinicals, you will have to ask it on here.

There are never 3rd and 4th years there. We have all moved away to our rotation site. If you want information about clinicals, you will have to ask it on here.
do you feel like everything you do on clinicals is contributing to your education. i guess what i'm trying to ask without sounding rude is "do you have to do any scut work?" like fetching supplies or coffee

I just saw the interview group. You folks got this!!!

do you feel like everything you do on clinicals is contributing to your education. i guess what i'm trying to ask without sounding rude is "do you have to do any scut work?" like fetching supplies or coffee

I wouldn't worry about doing scut work right now. Worry more about getting into medical school. Also, if you have to do scut work, is it really so bad? Sometimes you have to earn your way by doing more than just getting good grades and scores. Sometimes you have to put in work doing the crappy jobs in order to succeed. I highly doubt any rotation is going to have you playing secretary for a whole 4 weeks.

Just got the call from Dr. Wieting accepted!!

Reactions: 7 users