Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! :soexcited:

interviewed 10/14

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED! First one!

Reactions: 6 users
Just cancelled my interview on 11/4. Hopefully they can still squeeze someone else in!

Reactions: 1 user
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! :soexcited:

interviewed 10/14

Congrats! How did you prepare for the interview? What type of questions did they ask you and what did you think? I have an interview on 11/4 and I'm trying to figure out how to prep.

Congrats! How did you prepare for the interview? What type of questions did they ask you and what did you think? I have an interview on 11/4 and I'm trying to figure out how to prep.

I know this wasn't directed toward me but the only thing I did to prepare that I'd recommend you do as well is think of good questions to ask the interviewers that show a genuine interest in the individual school (not generic.) As for the questions they ask you, don't rehearse. I think it comes off better when you have to stop and think for a moment about some of the questions they ask you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted via call this Friday Afternoon!!

Reactions: 5 users

I just practiced answering questions like "Why medicine/Why DO/Why LMU?". This was probably the most laid back interview I've had...it was very conversational. I think they literally only asked me those 3 questions plus a question about my study habits and how I would adapt to a small town coming from a big city.

I agree with the other poster about not wanting to sound too rehearsed. You should know what you want to say but say it naturally. Also, I would come up with a couple of good questions about the school!

The most important thing is to relax! Good luck!

Last edited:
I just practiced answering questions like "Why medicine/Why DO/Why LMU?". This was probably the most laid back interview I've had...it was very conversational. I think they literally only asked me those 3 questions plus a question about my study habits and how I would adapt to a small town coming from a big city.

I agree with the other poster about not wanting to sound too rehearsed. You should know what you want to say but say it naturally. Also, I would come up with a couple of good questions about the school!

The most important thing is to relax! Good luck!

Yeah, my interview was very relaxed and friendly too. One of my interviewers won several barbequing championships, and a good chunk of our interview was talking about meat. I also got asked why LMU specifically, and what's one of my greatest flaws. My interview was only about 20 minutes, it felt really short, and I thought I would be waitlisted. So, for those of you with upcoming interviews, if your interview turns out to be shorter than expected, don't worry about it. Also, I agree with the other posters here, don't go in sounding word for word rehearsed. You should speak what you feel.

I know it's super early, but does anyone know when the class Facebook page usually gets created?

I know it's super early, but does anyone know when the class Facebook page usually gets created?

Sometime next semester. The 2020? class officers will be the one to make the facebook group and it's better to wait until there is a good amount of the future class accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received the acceptance email today! I didn't get a call on Friday so I thought that I had been waitlisted or rejected! I interviewed on 10/14.

Reactions: 8 users
Called admissions today and declined my acceptance offer. Hope someone great gets the seat! (I'm going to KYCOM)

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if their interview is closed or open file?

Girls what did you were to your interview,dress or suit?

Is there a Facebook page or something similar for those who accepted the offer of admission?

Anyone have an average or their own experience in how long it took to receive an II after getting the "file is now complete" email?

Current students: How do you travel on breaks if you want to go home and are out of state? I've heard people fly out of Knoxville, but where would you leave your car?

Current students: How do you travel on breaks if you want to go home and are out of state? I've heard people fly out of Knoxville, but where would you leave your car?

Extended parking at the airport?

Received the acceptance email today! I didn't get a call on Friday so I thought that I had been waitlisted or rejected! I interviewed on 10/14.
I interviewed 10/14 as well! Hope to see you in July!

Whoever makes a Facebook group for Class of 2021, do share the link on here

It depends on where home is and the length of the break. Some people will leave it at the airport, some people get permission (and pay a fee) at a nearby hotel and leave the car there (you can ask about doing this on the public facebook groups and see what students recommend), you can carpool with people or get a friend to drive you and drop you off while you leave your car at your school home.

For me, Thanksgiving is only 3 days or so and I'm not willing to drive 15 hours one way in an older car for that short amount of time. But I do drive back home for the winter break.

Weird situation here.. I got the "file complete" e-mail early this morning and received an interview invite like 3 hours later? I submitted at the end of July and had my secondary in early September. I wonder why it took so long to process?

Weird situation here.. I got the "file complete" e-mail early this morning and received an interview invite like 3 hours later? I submitted at the end of July and had my secondary in early September. I wonder why it took so long to process?
I guess they've been behind! I had been complete since late July and I called them in August to ask about it and then my status switched to complete and I got an II shortly after

I got waitlisted. Does anyone know the chances of me getting in? HELP!

I got waitlisted. Does anyone know the chances of me getting in? HELP!

Pretty good actually. I got waitlisted then eventually got accepted when interviews ended (x number of years ago lol). The easiest thing to do, is to keep moving forward with your life. Keep building on your resume as if you were going to reapply next year. I don't say that as if you to plan on it happening, but it is a good thing to show the school that you are still active and are still improving yourself. This next comment is always a "yes do it" or "no don't do it" type thing. I am a believer of sending the dcom admissions staff an update letter reaffirming your intent to attend the school. Yes, everywhere on SDN it says "don't do that, it's a love letter and it goes into the trash" but I improved my application, included the new bits of info and emailed the school my intent to attend and I really think that that is what helped push my application over the edge. If you wish to send one, improve your application a good amount, then e-mail them the update around march or april.

Pretty good actually. I got waitlisted then eventually got accepted when interviews ended (x number of years ago lol). The easiest thing to do, is to keep moving forward with your life. Keep building on your resume as if you were going to reapply next year. I don't say that as if you to plan on it happening, but it is a good thing to show the school that you are still active and are still improving yourself. This next comment is always a "yes do it" or "no don't do it" type thing. I am a believer of sending the dcom admissions staff an update letter reaffirming your intent to attend the school. Yes, everywhere on SDN it says "don't do that, it's a love letter and it goes into the trash" but I improved my application, included the new bits of info and emailed the school my intent to attend and I really think that that is what helped push my application over the edge. If you wish to send one, improve your application a good amount, then e-mail them the update around march or april.

How quickly did you find you were admitted after the acceptance deadline? How do the build the waitlist? Just a little bummed because I had great scores, currently work in the ER and had a good GPA.

How quickly did you find you were admitted after the acceptance deadline? How do the build the waitlist? Just a little bummed because I had great scores, currently work in the ER and had a good GPA.

I don't know when the acceptance deadline is, I know that MD schools have them but someone will have to correct me if DO schools have them. I got accepted sometime at the end of June. From what I know about waitlists, they put students on them that they like and would like to see at the school. For me, I'm sure it was my mcat score that got me added to the list but the rest of my application kept the school interested. Your scores have the school interested, but what about the rest of your application? How natural did the interview feel?

Accepted as of yesterday!

According to the admissions director, about 70 students move off the wait list, so chances of going from waitlist to accepted seems good! :)

Reactions: 2 users

According to the admissions director, about 70 students move off the wait list, so chances of going from waitlist to accepted seems good! :)

Mind sharing your stats? I have an interview soon and I'm nervous.How did you think the interview went?

Mind sharing your stats? I have an interview soon and I'm nervous.How did you think the interview went?
Good luck with your interview! This interview is the most laid back interview I have had thus far out of 3. It feels like a casual conversation. There's also a student panel interview where you get to know med students and they get to know you, which was also relaxed. I would say know your "why medicine" statement and share interesting things about yourself.

My GPA is a 3.7 and science GPA is 3.5. MCAT is 509. The campus is stunning and everything looks brand new! Awesome match percentages as well. Plus everyone is super friendly!

Reactions: 1 users

Do you know how they create the waitlist? Does it depend on interview dates or scores?

Good luck with your interview! This interview is the most laid back interview I have had thus far out of 3. It feels like a casual conversation. There's also a student panel interview where you get to know med students and they get to know you, which was also relaxed. I would say know your "why medicine" statement and share interesting things about yourself.

My GPA is a 3.7 and science GPA is 3.5. MCAT is 509. The campus is stunning and everything looks brand new! Awesome match percentages as well. Plus everyone is super friendly!

Thanks! Was the student panel interview you vs. a couple of medical students? And did they ask you questions during the student panel interview?

What is their match percentage?

Thanks! Was the student panel interview you vs. a couple of medical students? And did they ask you questions during the student panel interview?
Student panel was 2 med students with 3-4 interviewees. Questions came from both ends. Really casual.
Do you know how they create the waitlist? Does it depend on interview dates or scores?
I have no idea how they create the waiting list, but they said at the interview stage 70% get accepted.
What is their match percentage?
According to the website the match rate for last year was 99.5%. All the students that I spoke with said everyone who went through the curriculum and who was on top of their stuff matched, so it was not something to worry about.

I think it's important to note that the student panel interview is a trial and does not have an impact on their final decision like your single interview

do people actually go to the dinner? what if i skipped it? I just would rather rest and read over my app and what not.

do people actually go to the dinner? what if i skipped it? I just would rather rest and read over my app and what not.
I' didn't go and I still got in

Also closed file so they don't know anything about you or your app

I would go to the dinner if possible. It gave me good things to talk about during my interview and helped me elaborate on the question "Why LMU?"

yeah, that's why i think it might be good to read over to mention things that they wouldn't know, but are important to me in my app. I just usually assume the people know so I don't elaborate on that stuff, but in this case it might be good to elaborate more.