Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
you think a 3.25 with a 508 and many publications has a shot here?
Absolutely! Word on the street is that LMU DCOM is more about you than your stats. Good research/EC's/experience goes a long way. I had a friend matriculate here with a similar gpa, WAY lower MCAT, but had rockstar EC's and was genuine and passionate about serving the underserved. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,

My aacomas was verified on July 22nd, but I still have not heard back from LMU. (sGPA 3.75, MCAT 506) Does it mean a pre-secondary rejection? :(

Hi guys,

My aacomas was verified on July 22nd, but I still have not heard back from LMU. (sGPA 3.75, MCAT 506) Does it mean a pre-secondary rejection? :(

The secondary is on their website you can fill it out whenever!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

has anyone who submitted in June not received a complete email? I submitted the secondary 6/20 and haven't heard a peep.

has anyone who submitted in June not received a complete email? I submitted the secondary 6/20 and haven't heard a peep.

I submitted my primaryJune 24, submitted my secondary two weeks later and got an II last week.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my primaryJune 24, submitted my secondary two weeks later and got an II last week.

ack, thanks for the information and congratulations on the II! I think I'll try calling.

you think a 3.25 with a 508 and many publications has a shot here?

I think you have a good chance. Our stats have gone up quite a bit in the last few years just due the number of applicants increasing astronomically. This is the highest year to date. MCAT average of our class is 27 or 504, whereas just a couple of years ago it was 24.

Does anyone know what the minimum science GPA cutoff is for LMU?

There is no cutoff, but the average is 3.40. I estimate that it is this low because they have about 100 students from every class that complete the Master's program at LMU in order to have a better shot at matriculating into DCOM. The Master's program doesn't change their undergraduate gpa, and it remains on the low side, which is why this skews the average. But it shows they can do the work - they take classes with us. Almost half of our class did the Master's program.

There is no cutoff, but the average is 3.40. I estimate that it is this low because they have about 100 students from every class that complete the Master's program at LMU in order to have a better shot at matriculating into DCOM. The Master's program doesn't change their undergraduate gpa, and it remains on the low side, which is why this skews the average. But it shows they can do the work - they take classes with us. Almost half of our class did the Master's program.

How is the DO program? I interview there on the 2nd, and I have heard mixed reviews. Either people love it, or the hate something about the school.

Are there any things you love/hate about the program?

Members don't see this ad :)
How is the DO program? I interview there on the 2nd, and I have heard mixed reviews. Either people love it, or the hate something about the school.

Are there any things you love/hate about the program?

Not anything I hate. Some things I love are the no attendance policy. If I have to miss a lecture, it's recorded and available later that day. One thing I like is that they are seriously revamping the curriculum. All of our test questions are board style format, clinical vignettes. They are serious about board prep here. I actually like the rural setting of the school, but it's not for everyone. You don't have much time in medical school anyway, so you might as well go somewhere with as few distractions as possible.

Not anything I hate. Some things I love are the no attendance policy. If I have to miss a lecture, it's recorded and available later that day. One thing I like is that they are seriously revamping the curriculum. All of our test questions are board style format, clinical vignettes. They are serious about board prep here. I actually like the rural setting of the school, but it's not for everyone. You don't have much time in medical school anyway, so you might as well go somewhere with as few distractions as possible.

The main complaints I heard was about them revamping them revamping the curriculum. People said they felt like they were being used as guinea pigs for a half baked curriculum. However, I'm all about board prep. Has the pass rate/average COMLEX score increased since the curriculum changed?

To those of you who got IIs, congrats! Did you hear via email or via phone call? Probably wishful thinking but I got a few missed calls from a No Caller ID number yesterday and was complete earlier this week.

To those of you who got IIs, congrats! Did you hear via email or via phone call? Probably wishful thinking but I got a few missed calls from a No Caller ID number yesterday and was complete earlier this week.

Email, then I had to call to schedule the date

If you were complete earlier this week, it could be a couple more weeks.

I am a 26 year old grown man yet to learn how to drive (Insert the saddest emoji here)
My interview is on Sept 30th. Can anyone help me with direction to LMUDCOM from KNOXVILLE airport? I am flying for NYC. I couldnt find any nearest Greyhound stop around the campus.

I am a 26 year old grown man yet to learn how to drive (Insert the saddest emoji here)
My interview is on Sept 30th. Can anyone help me with direction to LMUDCOM from KNOXVILLE airport? I am flying for NYC. I couldnt find any nearest Greyhound stop around the campus.

It's quite a drive from there. Probably around 1.5 hrs. Uber may be your best bet because there is definitely no bus route that goes through harrogate

I have an II here and am still debating on when to schedule. Don't know much about the school or the area. How does this school rank against others?

How long does it take for this school to send out a complete email after secondary submission? And how long after that complete email for II (assuming they're interested)?

How long does it take for this school to send out a complete email after secondary submission? And how long after that complete email for II (assuming they're interested)?

The timing is weird. Some people got complete emails a couple days after submission, I got mine right before I got my II

The timing is weird. Some people got complete emails a couple days after submission, I got mine right before I got my II

I submitted a while ago, and it's been cricket noise. Let's hope I'm your case!

WOW finally just got an "app complete and under review" email. I submitted my secondary on June 23!

Canceling my interview here. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm pretty sure that's not true, just take a peak at the ACOM thread

I think October 15th is strictly MD schools guideline....im not 100% sure tho

I was watching that thread all day and somehow missed it..... Congrats!!!!!!!

Interview invitation received =) Praise God!
Primary sent: 7/8/2016. Secondary sent: 7/16/2016. II: 8/16/2016.
OOS applicant. cGPA: 3.7; sGPA: 3.9.
I've been working as a registered nurse for 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Interview invitation received =) Praise God!
Primary sent: 7/8/2016. Secondary sent: 7/16/2016. II: 8/16/2016.
In-state applicant. cGPA: 3.7; sGPA: 3.9.
I've been working as a registered nurse for 5 years.

What day are you attending? I will be there the 2nd

Are y'all just receiving these invites?