Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oh okay that makes sense..Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been accepted to the post bac program and will be commuting to Harrogate from just south of Knoxville. Chances are that I am going to have to spend a couple of nights a week in Harrogate. Does anyone have suggestions on some cheap housing for those nights I may need to stay or if anyone is looking for an extra roommate I'm good with that too. Also, to answer the questions as to why LMUs post bacc as opposed to say..PCOM... For me, I was accepted to several programs. I was waitlisted at DCOM and LMU is the only program from what I could find that offered the opportunity for the DCOM classes that you take during your post bac to transfer into DCOM if accepted. Am I correct on this?? I know that PCOM does not.

I am going to be applying to osteopathic schools and post bacc programs this fall. I have been reading all of the posts and think LMU DCOM post bacc would be a great fit for me. How difficult is it to get accepted? And how can I make myself a more competitive applicant?

Also if I have never taken an anatomy course and really want to do well in the MGA course how would you recommend preparing before hand?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted to the post bac program and will be commuting to Harrogate from just south of Knoxville. Chances are that I am going to have to spend a couple of nights a week in Harrogate. Does anyone have suggestions on some cheap housing for those nights I may need to stay or if anyone is looking for an extra roommate I'm good with that too. Also, to answer the questions as to why LMUs post bacc as opposed to say..PCOM... For me, I was accepted to several programs. I was waitlisted at DCOM and LMU is the only program from what I could find that offered the opportunity for the DCOM classes that you take during your post bac to transfer into DCOM if accepted. Am I correct on this?? I know that PCOM does not.

I think so. That's why I attended, as well.
Is commuting absolutely necessary? It might be easier to just stay in Harrogate, at least 1st semester when things are busier.

I am going to be applying to osteopathic schools and post bacc programs this fall. I have been reading all of the posts and think LMU DCOM post bacc would be a great fit for me. How difficult is it to get accepted? And how can I make myself a more competitive applicant?

Also if I have never taken an anatomy course and really want to do well in the MGA course how would you recommend preparing before hand?

Don't prepare beforehand. I had never had an anatomy class and I did perfectly fine. You'll be setting yourself up to burn-out rather quickly--at least that's how I feel.

How difficult is it to get accepted to this post-bacc program? what types of things should i be doing in order to be a competitive applicant be accepted?

Just got the email, masters is in the next step of approval!!! We can all be admitted and get finacial aid and all of that good stuff now. Thank god, I was getting a little worried!!

Last edited:
YES!!! I am glad that it is a masters now. Wonder if it is gonna be tougher to do well now considering it is a masters and not a post bacc....

YES!!! I am glad that it is a masters now. Wonder if it is gonna be tougher to do well now considering it is a masters and not a post bacc....

I would imagine it will be more difficult. It used to be med school classes and undergrad classes and now the undergrads will be replaced with graduate classes so it would stand to reason that it will become more difficult to some degree.

I think we will be just fine though. We can all form a support system and come out of this with a masters!

Btw how many Floridians do we have in the class? I am looking forward to some snow.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you guys... FLORIDIAN HERE!!! I am excited!!! What are you guys doing to prepare? have you bought any books or supplies or anything yet? I've been procrastinating and taking it easy lately.

I have also been chilling and slowly packing. I would not buy anything yet though until we get our classes at least.

Yeh that would be a good idea. When is everyone heading to Harrogate? I will be moving around the 25th...

I'll be flying in on the 25th too. Super stoked on the masters! Can't wait to meet everyone :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be driving down on the 26th, same day that I'm retaking taking my MCAT, ugggg! Looking forward to meeting all you guys and to hopefully, soon be naturally rewording sentences like this to include y'all (but really). Quick questions, are the classes that we may be assigned (besides anatomy and histology) going to be different than what was previously stated due to the masters? Also what kind of academic background did individuals have that landed them in medical Spanish? (really don't want to have to take any kind of Spanish, it's my academic kryptonite) I took two years outside my university at a local community college it fulfill my requirement b/c I was so scared it would destroy my GPA.

Driving down the 26th as well...mcat the 25th- eww.

I'll be driving down on the 26th, same day that I'm retaking taking my MCAT, ugggg! Looking forward to meeting all you guys and to hopefully, soon be naturally rewording sentences like this to include y'all (but really). Quick questions, are the classes that we may be assigned (besides anatomy and histology) going to be different than what was previously stated due to the masters? Also what kind of academic background did individuals have that landed them in medical Spanish? (really don't want to have to take any kind of Spanish, it's my academic kryptonite) I took two years outside my university at a local community college it fulfill my requirement b/c I was so scared it would destroy my GPA.

:laugh: Using "y'all" isn't a requirement! I've been in Harrogate for the past year and grew up in Kentucky most of my life and never added that to my vocabulary!

The classes for the masters program are listed on the website. I'm not sure if its the same things you were previously told. As far as medical spanish goes, no one was forced to take that! For most people, it was offered to help you give a full load if the school felt you didn't need to take other courses on the list.

Good luck on the MCAT!

Medical spanish was fairly straightforward. But like the person above me said, you don't have to take it if you don't want to.

Good luck to everyone taking the MCAT! :D

For those of you who are taking the MCAT on 25th or 26th... are you just retaking because you felt you needed a higher score or because the admissions committee or someone told you that you needed to..? I thought I read somewhere that if they feel you need to retake, they will let you know...but I haven't been told anything about that. Should I be worried? I'll be driving down from Michigan sometime that weekend as well. I was going to move in my stuff beforehand but I haven't received a housing assignment yet. (Calling Mr. Bowling tomorrow)

For those of you who are taking the MCAT on 25th or 26th... are you just retaking because you felt you needed a higher score or because the admissions committee or someone told you that you needed to..? I thought I read somewhere that if they feel you need to retake, they will let you know...but I haven't been told anything about that. Should I be worried? I'll be driving down from Michigan sometime that weekend as well. I was going to move in my stuff beforehand but I haven't received a housing assignment yet. (Calling Mr. Bowling tomorrow)

I also thought I was the only one retaking it!!!!

So I was already registered to take the mcat this month before I had gotten into the lmu program/decided I wanted to go there...I was retaking it so I could be more competitive for schools near my hometown/the midwest... I did tell Holly, but no one specifically told me to retake it. I almost dont want to take it anymore...lol:thumbdown:

Taking the exam in Knoxville was a good idea...I have to pack/take the exam/and leave all in a matter of a day or so!! :eek:

Good Luck!! I so don't want to retake it.

I also thought I was the only one retaking it!!!!

So I was already registered to take the mcat this month before I had gotten into the lmu program/decided I wanted to go there...I was retaking it so I could be more competitive for schools near my hometown/the midwest... I did tell Holly, but no one specifically told me to retake it. I almost dont want to take it anymore...lol:thumbdown:

Taking the exam in Knoxville was a good idea...I have to pack/take the exam/and leave all in a matter of a day or so!! :eek:

Im just taking it to see if i do better. Don't be worried. Can you tell us what Turner Bowling says?

Holly called me before i was accepted and asked me some questions. One of them was "are you planning on retaking the mcat?" and I was b/c i know i can do much better, so i told her that. If I responded that I wasn't planning on retaking it, I'm guessing she would recommended that I do so at that time.

I think we will be just fine though. We can all form a support system and come out of this with a masters!

Btw how many Floridians do we have in the class? I am looking forward to some snow.

I totally agree with you guys... FLORIDIAN HERE!!! I am excited!!! What are you guys doing to prepare? have you bought any books or supplies or anything yet? I've been procrastinating and taking it easy lately.

FL here too :thumbup:

Where in Florida are you guys from? BTW, you can fly out of saint pete 45 dollars each way to Knoxville... The airport code is PIE......Direct flight!!!! it is insane.

I called Mr. Bowling, he said he was working on a stack of students' assignments yesterday and would let us know when he's finished. Also, he said he's going to try to get housekeeping in to get the apartments cleaned up and stuff and if he can get them in sooner than the 26th...he'll let us know. I was trying to move my stuff in with my dad's truck on the 15th then come back 26th and move in for good.

Im just taking it to see if i do better. Don't be worried. Can you tell us what Turner Bowling says?

Holly called me before i was accepted and asked me some questions. One of them was "are you planning on retaking the mcat?" and I was b/c i know i can do much better, so i told her that. If I responded that I wasn't planning on retaking it, I'm guessing she would recommended that I do so at that time.

Oh ok. She didn't ask me anything just let me know that I had gotten accepted. I hope that means I'm in decent shape? :shrug:

I think as long as we have an MCAT above 20 and do really well in the program (A's and B's) and are in good standing academically and professionaly, we should be fine from what I've gathered. I am excited to start and really want to do well!!!! I think I am gonna be there around friday also...

Hi guys, I recently got accepted into the program as well and I am coming all the way from Texas. I am actually thinking of staying off campus. Please where is everybody staying?.. Any recommendations?.. I am a little worried.. :scared:

Im at the inn, but if you join the med school group a lot of people are still looking for roommates

Hi guys, I recently got accepted into the program as well and I am coming all the way from Texas. I am actually thinking of staying off campus. Please where is everybody staying?.. Any recommendations?.. I am a little worried.. :scared:

Lots of people live at the Inn and some people also live at the Ball apartments. Inn is furnished, Ball apts are not.

Check out the LMU-DCOM 2017 fb page and check out the listings.

I would also look at dcomdo.com

Hey I called Turner Bowling and he gave me my room number. Just a FYI.

Housing assignment in mars and lee #203 !

Another e-mail today! I feel as though we are going to be pelted with a ton of new information in the next 2-3 weeks.

I checked the LMU student account online and it shows my financial aid award. They provided stafford and grad plus loans. Just thought you guys might want to know....

I checked the LMU student account online and it shows my financial aid award. They provided stafford and grad plus loans. Just thought you guys might want to know....

Thanks, I think the pmsp students had to get private loans to cover tuition, it seems like we have to option of getting alot more non private loans to cover cost of living too if we want. Anyone else notice that doctor of osteopathic medicine is listed as an active program under program evaluation?

Mine actually has this : BIOPF.MS MS in Biomedical Professions

Maybe you got into the DO program lol??

I can't wait to get my schedule and see what classes I actually have...

Mine actually has this : BIOPF.MS MS in Biomedical Professions

Maybe you got into the DO program lol??

I can't wait to get my schedule and see what classes I actually have...

I am waitlisted for the do program.. Mine actually has both listed for active programs, idk lol, I assume I would have heard if I got off the waitlist. This would be a cool way to find out though lol definitely not gonna get my hopes up though..

I would so call them right now if I were you!!!!!

How did you access your student account? Is it LMU Pathway? If so, how did you get a username+pswd?

Also wondering if anybody else chose to live on campus?

mine has the same thing under program evaluation, i think that just means you've applied for the program and that it's in their system.

Thanks, I think the pmsp students had to get private loans to cover tuition, it seems like we have to option of getting alot more non private loans to cover cost of living too if we want. Anyone else notice that doctor of osteopathic medicine is listed as an active program under program evaluation?

mine has the same thing under program evaluation, i think that just means you've applied for the program and that it's in their system.

Yea I figured it was something like that. You waitlisted as well?

Mine says DO as well but I am not waitlisted so don't read into it too much. I think it is because we are going to be enrolled in some DO courses

Yea I figured it was something like that. You waitlisted as well?

nope not waitlisted, I was still waiting for an interview...Then got the email that all seats were filled, so now I'm here :)

Hi everybody,

I'm interested in applying to this program for next year, does anyone know the date the application opens up? I couldn't find anything on the website except for the deadline (may 1st)

Hi everybody,

I'm interested in applying to this program for next year, does anyone know the date the application opens up? I couldn't find anything on the website except for the deadline (may 1st)

All i know is that i started putting my app together about december but I'm sure it was open before then.

Congrats on everyone who was accepted (and started!) :D

Would taking the MCAT in 2014 (January and forward) be acceptable if we wished to matriculate in 2014, as long as it was before the deadline?

How "hard" is their "MCAT over 20" policy for admittance into the program? Knowing my luck, I will get a 19 :rolleyes: