Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on everyone who was accepted (and started!) :D

Would taking the MCAT in 2014 (January and forward) be acceptable if we wished to matriculate in 2014, as long as it was before the deadline?

How "hard" is their "MCAT over 20" policy for admittance into the program? Knowing my luck, I will get a 19 :rolleyes:

Just as long as you have your score by the start of the program, you'll be fine. I believe now they are being much more firm on the 20 and above policy. You wouldn't want to have to retake the MCAT while going through this program! So take it as early as you can so that if you don't get that 20, you have time to take it again.

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone who is currently enrolled in LMU-DCOM post bac (now the Masters in Science program) I would love to hear how the program is going. Now that there are more students in the masters program is it harder/ more competitive? Would you recommend the program to other students interested in going to osteopathic medical school? Thanks for the insight!

I can no longer find this program on the LMU site? is the program discontinued?

Members don't see this ad :)
No it's a master of science now. Check out the masters of science section

For anyone who is currently enrolled in LMU-DCOM post bac (now the Masters in Science program) I would love to hear how the program is going. Now that there are more students in the masters program is it harder/ more competitive? Would you recommend the program to other students interested in going to osteopathic medical school? Thanks for the insight!

Everything is going good so far. Can't really speak on competitiveness now because we won't be interviewed until spring but we have been told there is a seat reserved for each of us, we just have to prove we deserve it. If its anything like the past years there is a very high percentage of students who stay at dcom. We had our second MGA test today and some of us in histo had our first test in there. I will say this and this doesn't apply to me but there are many people in the class who are in undergraduate classes as well as med school and masters classes so the great majority of our class will not graduate in spring. They will have to go during summer and finish or if they stay at dcom I think they can take masters classes as an oms1. Just thought I would let everyone know because I think most people came here with the intention of graduating with a masters in two semesters and the fact is most of them will not but if the only intention is getting into medical I think most will be just fine. If anyone else has any questions you can message me.

How come some students have to do undergrad, masters and med classes? For the students that have to stay through the summer... do they matriculate in the fall? or do they have to wait an additional year? and if they have to wait an additional year what do they do for the rest of the year while they wait to matriculate? I guess I am confused....

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

How come some students have to do undergrad, masters and med classes? For the students that have to stay through the summer... do they matriculate in the fall? or do they have to wait an additional year? and if they have to wait an additional year what do they do for the rest of the year while they wait to matriculate? I guess I am confused....

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

I don't have an official answer, but the website states that:
*Please note that in the event a student has course deficiencies in their undergraduate preparation, it may alter the curriculum of their graduate curriculum. This may require additional time for successful completion of this major.

By course deficiencies I presume they are stating that you are either missing a pre-req for one of the grad courses, or that you're missing a required undergraduate class (or missing the appropriate grade in said undergraduate class) that is required for admission to their DO school. A schedule with an "as needed" summer class or two is listed under their example of a "typical" course schedule so I presume that it is not going to set you back.

Similarly, does anybody know how the GPAs are calculated for admissions to the MS program? Is there any flexibility on the requirements (seemingly yes, as the only allowance for a deficient undergraduate record is that English composition is the only course required for DO and not for the MS) or are they carved in stone?

Would it affect my chances of getting in DCOM if I go ahead and apply to this school's master of science post bacc or should I just wait and see if I get an interview first?

Would it affect my chances of getting in DCOM if I go ahead and apply to this school's master of science post bacc or should I just wait and see if I get an interview first?
Not at all. If anything, it would be wise to have back-ups.

Been lurking a long time, read every post... There're a lot but answered all of my questions. I spoke with the dean of admissions at LMU-DCOM back in September and she encouraged applying to both simultaneously. Submitted my app around then. Holly Napier is the contact for the MS programs, and is very friendly/helpful. They should be starting app review soon.

3.5 gpa, mcat in january, anyone know if they give conditional acceptances before you have the required 22 mcat score? because I have sent in all required documentation

3.5 gpa, mcat in january, anyone know if they give conditional acceptances before you have the required 22 mcat score? because I have sent in all required documentation
pretty sure they dont. I wouldn't sweat the wait though. I took my MCAT in april and still had time to get accepted

I'm scheduled for the March MCAT because that is the only time it is offered in my area, do you think I will be okay since my scores won't come out until Mid April? I will have everything else submitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm scheduled for the March MCAT because that is the only time it is offered in my area, do you think I will be okay since my scores won't come out until Mid April? I will have everything else submitted.
Yeah you should be fine. Just call Holly and let her know your situation. She is more than helpful and will assure you not to worry. They seemed to accept a bunch of people very late last year so I think your situation is pretty common.

Do you have to take all of the deficiency courses listed if you haven't taken them yet? If so, how many deficiency courses do you think one could have and still complete the program in a year? The info I got in the mail from them said that they only require Ethics and Stats.

Do you have to take all of the deficiency courses listed if you haven't taken them yet? If so, how many deficiency courses do you think one could have and still complete the program in a year? The info I got in the mail from them said that they only require Ethics and Stats.

Have you already been accepted and submitted the deposit?

I know the year is still going and not over yet, but for those in the masters program this year I was wondering how it is going. Is there still expected to be a high percent of students that matriculate into LMU DCOM even though the class size of the post bac increased? Would you recommend the program to others? Any advice now that you are half way through would be very helpful! I'm thinkin about applying but just want to get some more info before I do.

Could anyone tell me how difficult it is to get into the masters program? Also, have the MCAT and GPA requirements changed for the automatic interview/acceptance?

I know that they bumped up the MCAT to get into the postbac to a 22 versus 20 (last year).

I know that they bumped up the MCAT to get into the postbac to a 22 versus 20 (last year).
Do you know how firm they are on the 22 MCAT or is it like last year that they will let you into the program but you would have to retake?

Accepted :D... and planning to attend as of now! I did a lot of research and found this to be a solid program compared with others. Woo!

Update: Will definitely be attending!

Last edited:
I know the year is still going and not over yet, but for those in the masters program this year I was wondering how it is going. Is there still expected to be a high percent of students that matriculate into LMU DCOM even though the class size of the post bac increased? Would you recommend the program to others? Any advice now that you are half way through would be very helpful! I'm thinkin about applying but just want to get some more info before I do.
Masters program is great. From what I know, people that did well in their classes( at least 3.0 for the semester) and B's or better in the medical school classes got accepted to the class of 2018. I definitely recommend this program as a transition into med school. Really gives you a feel for the med school curriculum, how to properly study and manage time wisely. As far as advice, just focus on performing exceptionally in the medical school classes. This is what last years post-bacc kids told us and I know all of my classmates will say the same thing to the next incoming class. Let me know if you have any more questions.

What is the difference between LECOM's post-bacc and LMU-DCOM Masters? Which program gives you a better chance at getting into medical school provided one meets the requirements, etc? In other words, which program has the better linkage?

Also, if one is accepted with a 22 MCAT score to LMU Masters, will that person have to re-take it sometime during the course of the Masters to matriculate into the D.O. program, provided all other requirements are met? Thanks.

Also, if one is accepted with a 22 MCAT score to LMU Masters, will that person have to re-take it sometime during the course of the Masters to matriculate into the D.O. program, provided all other requirements are met? Thanks.
No, you won't have to retake

How much is tuition for this program? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

I just was accepted into the masters program/post bac! Anyone else?

I have been contacting Holly about the requirements for the DO matriculation. Do we need to retake our MCAT again if accepted into the Masters program??

I just was accepted into the masters program/post bac! Anyone else?

I have been contacting Holly about the requirements for the DO matriculation. Do we need to retake our MCAT again if accepted into the Masters program??

Depends on your current score. Obviously the higher the better but it really needs to be a 22 at least. If higher you will have some leeway with grades. If lower that alone could keep you out regardless of grades. If you are gonna retake I would recommend doing it before fall. Congratulations on the acceptance.

Also the 22 was for this and past years classes. As DCOMs MCAT goes up this may also but thats hard to predict. We were told that DCOMs average for this year was 26, just something to consider.

Just got accepted and was planning on attending. Does anyone else that is planning on attending know what housing they think is best to apply for or planning on attending the gross anatomy boot camp?

HI I have been accepted into this program. Can you please send me the invitation into the google community group? Thanks!

Hey guys! Does anyone know the average MCAT/GPA for acceptance into the biomedical track? :)

Hey guys! I got accepted into biomedical professions tract and was planning on attending. This program looks really promising and I was hoping some current students could tell me what they thought of the overall programs in terms of the academics and difficulty.

Hey guys! I got accepted into biomedical professions tract and was planning on attending. This program looks really promising and I was hoping some current students could tell me what they thought of the overall programs in terms of the academics and difficulty.
I have also been accepted and would like to hear what current students think about the program.

Hi guys! I plan to attend this fall. Anyone know about financial aid? How much does it cover? Should we seek private loans?

Hello all.. I was recently accepted to this program and am now looking for a place. Is anyone looking for any roommates by any chance? If so PM me and hopefully we can set something up.

I have also been accepted and would like to hear what current students think about the program.

+1

Please share if you can. Whats the admissions rate in to DCOM looking like from the past year?

+1

Please share if you can. Whats the admissions rate in to DCOM looking like from the past year?

From speaking to Holly, last year they had 72 Master's students 5 of which where already first year DCOM students that were recommended to complete coursework in the Master's program. So out of 67 pure Master's students 56 got interviewed; 77% got admitted and that's about 43 students; 2 got admission and chose to attend other medical schools; and the rest (not all) are on the wait list. Holly said she anticipates the numbers to go up as some students move from the wait list and get accepted. 43 out of 67 is a good ratio!

Reactions: 1 user
I spoke with someone today and everyone waitlisted was pulled off! so thats good news :)

Just got accepted Friday! Nice to meet everyone...