Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, I applied to LMU-DCOM and haven't heard anything yet. This might be a stupid question, but do my transcripts and letters of recommendations have to be sent again to the Masters program office or will they be able to get my supplemental material from the osteopathic college?

Not a stupid a question at all, I'm in the same boat as you. I received a letter from Holly Napier about this specifically after I placed my online application for the MS program, and you'll probably get the same sooner or later. She wrote that if I had applied to DCOM through AACOMAS, they would be able to pull info such as MCAT and LORs from AACOMAS, but they'll need permission for release from you. In order for them to do that you'll have to email Rebecca Barnett ([email protected]) and tell her you want to release your AACOMAS application to the Master of Science program at LMU.

The only things you'll need to resend are your transcripts.

Hope that helped.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not a stupid a question at all, I'm in the same boat as you. I received a letter from Holly Napier about this specifically after I placed my online application for the MS program, and you'll probably get the same sooner or later. She wrote that if I had applied to DCOM through AACOMAS, they would be able to pull info such as MCAT and LORs from AACOMAS, but they'll need permission for release from you. In order for them to do that you'll have to email Rebecca Barnett ([email protected]) and tell her you want to release your AACOMAS application to the Master of Science program at LMU.

The only things you'll need to resend are your transcripts.

Hope that helped.
Thank you, this was incredibly helpful! :)

I just had my interview. Was extremely nervous but answered the questions to the best of my ability. I was curious, I hope they don't weigh too much on articulation during the interview because the anxiety killed me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had my interview. Was extremely nervous but answered the questions to the best of my ability. I was curious, I hope they don't weigh too much on articulation during the interview because the anxiety killed me.

What were some interview questions they asked if you don't mind sharing? I've submitted my application and now am just waiting for them to receive all my supplementary stuff! Also can you please share your stats? Thanks!

I sent a PM

Last edited:

I think they know that we are all nervous! I'm sure you did better than you think but good luck!

Early Feb. but my interview kept getting delayed.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I have access to the pathway and an LMU email does that mean I'm accepted? :D

I just got my acceptance letter today! So excited to meet everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview on Wednesday. Here's hoping it goes well.

Reactions: 1 users
Just had my interview however mine only lasted 10mins... Not sure if that's a good thing or not :/

Just had my interview however mine only lasted 10mins... Not sure if that's a good thing or not :/

Me too! Holly told me it would be only 10 minutes, so I wasn't expecting it to be any longer. How did it go?

Has anyone received an interview and not been accepted? Holly says I'll probably get an interview when the comittee begins reviewing applications after break. This school is my #1 choice.

I have a question: for everyone who received an interview, did you receive a phone call or email about scheduling for the phone interview?

I have a question: for everyone who received an interview, did you receive a phone call or email about scheduling for the phone interview?

I received a phone call from Holly. She called me at work.

I received an E-Mail from Holly. Good luck to those of us who are going through the interview process.

Me too! Holly told me it would be only 10 minutes, so I wasn't expecting it to be any longer. How did it go?
I think it went well except I may have screwed up on one of the questions. I was so nervous, literally shaking lol but we'll see how it goes. How'd it go for you?

I had received an email from Holly. Also does anyone know what the turn around is for hearing back about the decision after the interview? I'm guessing it'll be after their spring break?

Will we only receive the decision post interview by mail, including acceptance, wait list, and rejection? Since it would take a couple extra days for me as im not living in the area. I hope they would email first?

I think it went well except I may have screwed up on one of the questions. I was so nervous, literally shaking lol but we'll see how it goes. How'd it go for you?

I thought it went well. At one point there was this awkward silence and one of the Dr's was like "uh, I can't think of a question to ask you" lol!

Otherwise at the end he thanked me for my time , said everything was good and that I will be hearing from Holly very soon.

Hey everyone,

I recently applied to the Masters of Science at LMU after being rejected from DCOM and was wondering how competitive I'd be admittance with my stats. I applied with a 3.2 cGPA, 2.98 sGPA, and 2 attempted MCATs, both resulting in a 25 (section highs would have been a 27). Do you think I stand a chance of getting into the Anatomical sciences program :(? I'm really concerned...

Hey everyone,

I recently applied to the Masters of Science at LMU after being rejected from DCOM and was wondering how competitive I'd be admittance with my stats. I applied with a 3.2 cGPA, 2.98 sGPA, and 2 attempted MCATs, both resulting in a 25 (section highs would have been a 27). Do you think I stand a chance of getting into the Anatomical sciences program :(? I'm really concerned...
You are good for Biomed, but the website says 3.0 min sGPA for Anatomical. I wouldn't sweat it.

Will we only receive the decision post interview by mail, including acceptance, wait list, and rejection? Since it would take a couple extra days for me as im not living in the area. I hope they would email first?

I called and said I hadn't received any mail within like 3 days which I hadn't and Mrs. Napier notified me over the phone I had been accepted.

As for the poster that asked if anyone had been denied acceptance after an interview I've only heard of one out of everyone on the forum. However I would imagine they will get more selective as seats are filled.

I felt like a sub-par applicant and gave a sub par interview (lots of stuttering/pausing but I felt the meaning behind my answers was good) and I was accepted so if you are a strong applicant/interview goes well, the only thing you have to worry about is number of seats left
Hey everyone,

Id apply to biomed to be safe dude then when you get to the school maybe see if theres an option to switch to Anatomical. The only person I've seen not get admission after interview to the program was an anatomical sciences applicant.

Id apply to biomed to be safe dude then when you get to the school maybe see if theres an option to switch to Anatomical. The only person I've seen not get admission after interview to the program was an anatomical sciences applicant.

Would I just contact Holly about this? I read all of the Master of Science Catalog and I don't think I'd mind switching to Biomed. I chose Anatomical initially just because I wanted to get a chance to do the dissection project, but since I feel like I'm applying so late, I'm really concerned about space availability.

Would I just contact Holly about this? I read all of the Master of Science Catalog and I don't think I'd mind switching to Biomed. I chose Anatomical initially just because I wanted to get a chance to do the dissection project, but since I feel like I'm applying so late, I'm really concerned about space availability.
Up to you. If I were in your shoes I would call and basically say "I want to get into DCOM and need to get into a program, I initially applied to anatomical sciences but didn't consider the competitive differences between the two. Which option would be best for me?" Holly is very helpful. Ask her any questions you have.

Hi everyone. I am looking to apply to LMU's masters program for Anatomical or biomedical sciences for admission to the Fall 2016 semester. I currently have a 3.35 overall gpa and a 3.55 gpa (will become 3.6-3.7 at the end of the fall 15') semester. I am shooting for like an equivalent of a 27+ on the mcat.. I had a previous probation and dismissal in 2010 from a previous program. But my last 2 semesters have been 3.8 gpas and I too upper level sciences such as microbiology with lab, anatomy and physiology with lab, and will take molecular cell bio w/ lab, bioinformatics w/ lab, and analytic chem w/ lab.
But I have over a year of DO shadowing. I am wondering if I have a good chance of getting into this program...?
Also, what are the chances students usually get in after completion of the LMU masters..?

I called Holly today and she told me that im accepted :) so decisions for interviews on last wed wete out :) and i hope to see you all in the fall.
Btw what does the acceptance packet contain? Does it have info on the matriculation day and housing? I wish they emailed it since i am so eager to know now :)

Emailed Holly today and found out that I got accepted into the PMSP program! Sooo excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Received my packet in the mail today.

So I filled out my application for Ms in AS and Holly said they are reviewing it this week. Do they still conduct interviews if you interviewed and were waitlisted at DCOM Osteo pgrm? Also, I count 11 acceptances so far for this upcoming cycle on SDN alone. Are they getting full and how competitive is gaining admission to this program if you are about average for GPA and MCAT scores?

Accepted! I received my packet in the mail today. I look forward to seeing you in the fall!

I guess your interview was right before mine because I just finished as well! I got the same closing comments so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that isn't the 'you're rejected' response. I thought my interview went Ok. I was super nervous.

Hey, Is there a facebook page for the class? Can someone post the link for it? Sorry, maybe I missed it in the previous comments. Thank you :)

Just had my interview.. I was literally shaking, but I feel like I answered the questions to the best of my ability.. the only thing that's making me nervous is that the person on the phone said, "you should be hearing from Holly soon" and then he said, "all the best to you"... Don't people usually say that when they don't accept you? is this bad news or am I just paranoid?????
I also got some kind of comments like that. You're paranoid hahaha you'll be fine.

I'm in! Complete last week (during LMUs spring break), interviewed yesterday, and I found out that I'm accepted today.