Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!! I want to thank all of you on this thread! You guys are the best!
Congratulations! That is terrific !!
Are you doing the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences or the M.S. in Anatomical Sciences??

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all those who have been accepted. Make sure to join the facebook group! A few of us have gone out to LMU to see it and a hand full of people are starting to arrange housing/room-mates etc. We are using the facebook page more and more to share info, questions, etc so its been a good resource.

So I filled out my application for Ms in AS and Holly said they are reviewing it this week. Do they still conduct interviews if you interviewed and were waitlisted at DCOM Osteo pgrm? Also, I count 11 acceptances so far for this upcoming cycle on SDN alone. Are they getting full and how competitive is gaining admission to this program if you are about average for GPA and MCAT scores?
There are about 35 of us on the facebook group so far, but being that SDN is the only advertisement there has been for it I imagine that there are others that have been accepted and have not joined. I know someone who was accepted but isn't on facebook, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone retaking the mcat over summer before going to the masters?

does anyone know if there is still room for this program if i apply now?

I'm not sure, but if there's no application fee, there is absolutely no reason to not apply. I'm pretty sure they take applicants through the end of June. I'm not 100% though.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, I have a question. I am filling out the application right now. There doesn't seem to be a spot for activities and all that. Can I put it under work? The application seems really brief. How will they have a good idea of who we are?

You can fit it in somehow during the short phone interview. They're more focused on GPA. ECs really don't predict how you'll do in the med school classes.

Hi guys, I have a question. I am filling out the application right now. There doesn't seem to be a spot for activities and all that. Can I put it under work? The application seems really brief. How will they have a good idea of who we are?
I thought that was interesting too, and my EC's were something I preferred to include because I feel that they are reflective of who I am as a person and a long-time interest in medicine. But I provided my LOR writers with a resume that included my major EC's, and I know at least one of the writers did a fantastic job of incorporating these into their letter because they later provided me with a copy. So if you haven't already submitted LOR's, you might want to provide EC/volunteer info to the people writing them, since they might be able to relate these experiences to your application in a way that strengthens it.

Good luck!

Hi everyone, I plan on applying for this program in the future.
Did anyone apply and get admitted while having some prerequisites in progress in any of the semesters leading into the start of the Fall semester. I completed all the courses except Organic 1 and 2 . I will be taking Organic 1 this coming fall and Organic 2 in the next summer But my c gpa is a 3.35 and my science gpa is a 3.55. Do you think I will still be able to get in?
I want to apply right when the application cycle opens, because I want to enroll in the Anatomical sciences masters and I know that is more competitive.

Also is Jan/Feb too late to apply to the program for the masters in anatomy ad even the Biomedical sciences masters..?

Can anyone PM me and give me a little heads up on what questions they ask you for the interview? Have mine tomorrow at 1:30

Can anyone PM me and give me a little heads up on what questions they ask you for the interview? Have mine tomorrow at 1:30
This sounds pathetic but I can't figure out how to send a PM, so I'm just going to respond here! When I had my interview, they asked what were two things I wish I could change about myself and how would I change them (sort of a weird question), what qualities make a good doctor, a mistake that I've made and how I corrected it, and what qualities do I possess that would make me a promising medical student. Other questions that people on this forum said they were asked were how will the program help them, what are their personal goals, and where do they see themselves in X number of years.

Honestly, I think the interview is more of a formality, because it sounds like a lot of people (including myself) felt like they bombed the interview and still got accepted. It sounds silly, but I was so nervous during the interview that after I got off the phone, I realized a few of my answers didn't even really make sense in response to the question that was asked. Don't blow it off or anything, but just try not to sweat it to much. If they like your application pre-interview, I think it's highly unlikely the interview will be your downfall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I plan on applying for this program in the future.
Did anyone apply and get admitted while having some prerequisites in progress in any of the semesters leading into the start of the Fall semester. I completed all the courses except Organic 1 and 2 . I will be taking Organic 1 this coming fall and Organic 2 in the next summer But my c gpa is a 3.35 and my science gpa is a 3.55. Do you think I will still be able to get in?
I want to apply right when the application cycle opens, because I want to enroll in the Anatomical sciences masters and I know that is more competitive.

Also is Jan/Feb too late to apply to the program for the masters in anatomy ad even the Biomedical sciences masters..?

Take the MCAT

Last edited:
We don't need anymore Texans in our class, I'm refusing to answer any/all questions from you. Kidding....

Like the previous responder said, seems like a formality and I had the same questions he had. Just be you, tell the truth. You'll be fine.
What part of Texas are you from lol?

Well besides getting locked up with nerves for a few questions and rambling hopefully it went well enough. Thanks for the heads up everyone

Well besides getting locked up with nerves for a few questions and rambling hopefully it went well enough. Thanks for the heads up everyone
I'm sure you did fine! I rambled on as well during my interview as well lol

I'm not sure, but if there's no application fee, there is absolutely no reason to not apply. I'm pretty sure they take applicants through the end of June. I'm not 100% though.

There is an application fee. Oh wells. worth a shot!

Like everyone's said so far, the phone interview is completely relaxed. I was on speaker phone with 3 faculty members and they definitely had my file open in front of them. They asked me a few questions, but it really felt like just a nice conversation. Overall took about 23 minutes.

Hey guys just found out I was accepted! I seriously don't know how given that I gave such an awful interview but I feel blessed. I'm currently on the waitlist at DCOM but if I'm not pulled looks like I will be joining you guys in August!

Reactions: 3 users
^^^EXACT same thing here, literally. My interview lasted 6 minutes it was so bad. But hey, we're going to Harrogate one way or another!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey how long after you've submitted all the necessary documents did it take for you to get an interview?

Do you think spots are still available and I have a chance if I apply now?

I know its rolling admissions until June but its pretty late in the cycle.

I'd say you never know unless you try. From my interview and from speaking with Holly, I don't even doubt that LMU is an extremely supportive school. I had an incredibly hard time deciding between Western U and LMU, but in the end I'll be turning down my LMU acceptance because I won't have a personal support net out in Tennessee considering I'm a California baby.

Do you guys by any chance know if we need to register for classes or if LMU is going to assign you to classes at orientation?

The first window on lmunet.edu

I would go ahead and apply. The first thing that pops up on LMU's homepage is "apply now to the Masters of Science program" and the postbaccs are essentially the only MS programs they do. Also, it is only a $50 application fee + transcripts.

How long did it take for you all to receive your acceptance packet ?

hey guys! does the LMU post-bacc/masters use aacomas GPA for admissions? i have a 2.8 and 26 MCAT

hey guys! does the LMU post-bacc/masters use aacomas GPA for admissions? i have a 2.8 and 26 MCAT
I had the same concern before applying. My AACOMAS was significantly better. Holly told me she was taking both cGPAs and sGPA to the adcom from my AACOMAS prof. Call her and talk to her to settle your anxiety. That a way you get an answer straight from the source

For those of you accepted, can you see your financial aid awards on pathway yet? My fafsa was processed a while ago but nothing is showing up on pathway yet.

Is anyone aware of how much each month we have to live with?

For MGA & Neuro, did you grads/alums use just the ppt slides/Facebook-posted study guides to study or did you need Anki decks and/or Firecracker? I'm debating whether to sell some stuff to either go to bootcamp or buy a Firecracker subscription. Thanks.

Hi, does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews. I have been completed for a month, but have not heard anything back. June is approaching soon :(

Hi, does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews. I have been completed for a month, but have not heard anything back. June is approaching soon :(
Depends which one you applied for. They told me they weren't reviewing apps for the AS program until the middle of May!

For MGA & Neuro, did you grads/alums use just the ppt slides/Facebook-posted study guides to study or did you need Anki decks and/or Firecracker? I'm debating whether to sell some stuff to either go to bootcamp or buy a Firecracker subscription. Thanks.
Hi! I just graduated from the program! For MGA we studied directly from the PowerPoint slides for lecture tests.

If anyone has any questions about the program please message me! I have time to fill you in with details!!

I have an interview tomorrow. I am excited. I hope there will be a seat left for me! :)

Has anyone heard if the alternate list is moving still or not?

Has anyone heard if the alternate list is moving still or not?

I don't know if there is an alternate list for the MS program, but I withdrew my acceptance today so there's at least one more spot!

Withdrawing my acceptance to attend another program. Good luck to those waiting to hear back!