Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were either of you accepted today? If so when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Were either of you accepted today? If so when did you interview?

No, I was accepted back in February but recently decided not to attend for various reasons (none of which are school-related, as it sounds like a great program!).

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I was accepted back in February but recently decided not to attend for various reasons (none of which are school-related, as it sounds like a great program!).

Thanks for your prompt response!
Which masters were you pursuing and what is the usual turnaround time for acceptance or rejection from the program?

Thanks for your prompt response!
Which masters were you pursuing and what is the usual turnaround time for acceptance or rejection from the program?

I was doing the biomedical program, and they mailed out my decision the day after my interview

I sort of knew I was accepted before I got the letter though because I could successfully log in to my LMU email account (there were instructions somewhere on the website). In case you're as antsy as I was :)

Thanks for your response!

What masters program were you going for? Also, whAt motivated you to withdraw?

In case any of you are still on the fence about the masters at LMU - the placement rate into DCOM from the program is no joke. It is very likely that if you do well in medical gross anatomy and have a fair MCAT that you'll get accepted into DCOM for the following year. I believe somewhere in the order of 90% of the class last year was accepted to DCOM.

Reactions: 1 user
In case any of you are still on the fence about the masters at LMU - the placement rate into DCOM from the program is no joke. It is very likely that if you do well in medical gross anatomy and have a fair MCAT that you'll get accepted into DCOM for the following year. I believe somewhere in the order of 90% of the class last year was accepted to DCOM.

Why weren't the 10% accepted? Did you do the anatomy or biomed program? Thanks for your helpful advice. I am really hopeful that I get a chance to do this program. The faculty seem really kind and polite. It seems like a nice and friendly environment.

Why weren't the 10% accepted? Did you do the anatomy or biomed program? Thanks for your helpful advice. I am really hopeful that I get a chance to do this program. The faculty seem really kind and polite. It seems like a nice and friendly environment.

The 10% that are not accepted are probably due to the following: C or below in Gross anatomy first semester, failing a masters course, or possible bad interview. But I would assume 10% is mostly because of failing a medical school course.

I did the biomed program,

The 10% that are not accepted are probably due to the following reasons: C or below in Gross anatomy first semester, failing a masters course, or possibly a bad interview. But I would assume 10% is mostly because of failing a medical school course.

I did the biomed program. Both anatomical and biomedical has its pros and cons. Personally, the biomedical tract was a lot of work. If you want to be MORE prepared for first year, than biomedical tract might be more appealing. Although biomedical tract may be more challenging, you will be able to take biochem and cell bio/genetics as a masters student (anatomical professions do not take these courses) preparing you more for 1st year ((MFM 1st year course which is comprised of genetics, biochem etc.).
The professors who teach biochem and genetics are the same professors who teach you for 1st year...so basically you will see the same material again. Its a big decision to make because anatomical vs biomedical tract are two different course loads.

So if I may be very candid, how hard is this program? Like on a scale of 1 to pulling your hair out, how difficult is it to get an A or B in MGA and finish your Master's requirements?

So if I may be very candid, how hard is this program? Like on a scale of 1 to pulling your hair out, how difficult is it to get an A or B in MGA and finish your Master's requirements?
--the program is very doable! Not everyone graduates in May bc they need to complete some undergrad courses first or some required classes do not fit into schedule so it pushes graduation back for some. But for MGA, it's a medical school class so it won't be easy. Some tests are "harder" than others. ..more material is covered, the gross anatomy locations harder to identify etc... But with proper studying and practice you'll do fine! I believe most students pull a B/A.

Members don't see this ad :)
--the program is very doable! Not everyone graduates in May bc they need to complete some undergrad courses first or some required classes do not fit into schedule so it pushes graduation back for some. But for MGA, it's a medical school class so it won't be easy. Some tests are "harder" than others. ..more material is covered, the gross anatomy locations harder to identify etc... But with proper studying and practice you'll do fine! I believe most students pull a B/A.

Thanks for all your great insights. Are you currently a student at LMU-DCOM? If so do you have any advice you would recommend on how to prepare for Anatomy or what you would have done differently?

BTW your dog (assuming it's one in the picture) is cute!!! :)

Ok one more for the road, what does the reapplication process entail for applying for DCOM the following year. I'm mostly concerned about having to ask for all those recommendations again. Can I use the ones from my previous AACOMAS app to DCOM/Master's app since they were the same ones?

Ok one more for the road, what does the reapplication process entail for applying for DCOM the following year. I'm mostly concerned about having to ask for all those recommendations again. Can I use the ones from my previous AACOMAS app to DCOM/Master's app since they were the same ones?
I actually asked Holly this question a few weeks ago! You can use your old LOR!

I've heard that they increased the class size for this year, I'm wondering if this is true. Does anyone know what the incoming class size is?

I've heard that they increased the class size for this year, I'm wondering if this is true. Does anyone know what the incoming class size is?

I also heard that the earth is flat, i'm wondering if this is true? All jokes aside, did you hear this from someone credible? or are you being optimistic.

Last edited:
Right now roll call stands at 98. Compared to last year it was around 70 and before that around 60.

Thanks. I'm was just wondering how many more they will be accepting/any spaces left because I have yet to hear from them.

for the 2015-2016 class, does DCOM still save seats for the MS class? Even with the class size almost doubling this year? Say if every person gets an A/B in gross and a 3.0, are the stipulations I've read that you're basically automatically given a seat still in place, or is it more like yay you get an interview but are still in competition with the 2015 applicants?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey I've also been accepted in this masters and was wondering what you mean by fair MCAT? I've heard a various amount of different numbers, ...is there a magic number or more based on overall?

Hey I've also been accepted in this masters and was wondering what you mean by fair MCAT? I've heard a various amount of different numbers, ...is there a magic number or more based on overall?

I have a 25 MCAT and was told that it was sufficient and to spend my year focusing on doing well in MGA rather than studying to retake the MCAT.

I have a 25 MCAT and was told that it was sufficient and to spend my year focusing on doing well in MGA rather than studying to retake the MCAT.

Who did you talk to concerning the MCAT? I'm also concerned about my score and would like to speak with someone to see if I need to retake or can concentrate on just our classes.

So when is everyone putting in their DCOM apps for 2016/2017? Should we wait till classes start?

Who did you talk to concerning the MCAT? I'm also concerned about my score and would like to speak with someone to see if I need to retake or can concentrate on just our classes.

I asked during my phone interview with Dr. Leo, Gassler, and Shirley since they had my file right in front of them. Since they likely won't have yours at this point, I'd ask Holly or Rebecca Barnett. Holly is our go to advisor as Master's students and Becky is part of the administrative team for DCOM.

I asked during my phone interview with Dr. Leo, Gassler, and Shirley since they had my file right in front of them. Since they likely won't have yours at this point, I'd ask Holly or Rebecca Barnett. Holly is our go to advisor as Master's students and Becky is part of the administrative team for DCOM.
I actually also asked Holly this question. She told me to wait until August so that you could put your masters program class as "in progress"

Hi everyone! So i just got my acceptance email about a week ago...but I haven't received an actual acceptance packet. Should I still get one or since it's so late in the cycle was the email all I needed? If I was going to get one I thought it would arrive by now...cause I even got a receipt for my deposit just a few days after I made it so I'm surprised I haven't gotten anything else. I really just want more info about tuition/payment due dates. Does anyone know when we need to pay for classes/was there any crucial info in the packets you received?

Got accepted into the PMSP program earlier this month:) Went to find housing last weekend, found a place in Middlesboro. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted into PMSP yesterday, still surreal and super excited to meet my fellow classmates. Is there a facebook group to find roommates and such?

Got accepted yesterday into PMSP! I'm so excited!
Ready for the orientation date so I can plan accordingly.
Looking forward to meeting you all!
Facebook: Briana City
Instagram: brianacity

How are you guys doing financial aid and paying for school?

Did anyone get the email of the orientation dates?
Someone from housing told me they usually move in the last week of July.

How are you guys doing financial aid and paying for school?

Did anyone get the email of the orientation dates?
Someone from housing told me they usually move in the last week of July.
I turned in my Fafsa a few days ago, just waiting on the school for more info. Holly mentioned orientation dates would be sent out in early/mid July. Not sure about on-campus housing, I had to find off-campus since my spouse is coming with me:)

I turned in my Fafsa a few days ago, just waiting on the school for more info. Holly mentioned orientation dates would be sent out in early/mid July. Not sure about on-campus housing, I had to find off-campus since my spouse is coming with me:)
Lots of people are married in different programs. Super cute! and yes I'll just be on the lookout for that date. I work so I'm trying to give them a final day...

I'm back. For FAFSA do you put 5th year undergraduate or certificate as your entering classification?

Thanks SDN truly is heaven sent!

I thought the PMSP program changed to the MS program 3 yrs ago. Does the acceptance email specifically say PMSP and not Master of Science?
So I saw someone in the FB group that got into the PMSP. Is it where u take post-bacc classes in the fall and are accepted into the MS program in the spring if u keep a certain GPA? If so, then I'd call the fin aid office to confirm what to choose on the FAFSA.
I don't know if your orientation are the same days as us.

Hi!

I'm coming to LMU as a PMSP student this august and I am looking for a 1 bdr/1 bath apartment with washer/dryer/refrigerator/stove/and other utilities (internet, water, a/c or heat etc). I would preferably like the 1 bdr/bath but I'm also open to living with a female roommate. Please if you have anything fitting this category, please do not hesitate to reach out.

P.S: No pets and I don't smoke.

Thank you! Email: [email protected]
(I already posted on dcomdo, but i'm just trying to cover as many bases as possible)

So I saw someone in the FB group that got into the PMSP. Is it where u take post-bacc classes in the fall and are accepted into the MS program in the spring if u keep a certain GPA? If so, then I'd call the fin aid office to confirm what to choose on the FAFSA.

Yes, the PMSP program is still going on, although it is very small. Holly Napier told me PMSP orientation is aug 13, but she also told a friend of mines aug 11 a while back so its definitely w/in that aug 10-14 week.

For those who got into PMSP, you should be choosing 5th yr undergrad since technically you're just taking classes during the fall, NOT graduate degree as per Jonah at LMU financial aid office

Yes, the PMSP program is still going on, although it is very small. Holly Napier told me PMSP orientation is aug 13, but she also told a friend of mines aug 11 a while back so its definitely w/in that aug 10-14 week.
Cool. Thanks. Sorry for the mix up.

Yes that is exactly what it is.

I just found out I'm gonna be staying in Mars....does anyone happen to know the actual address? I can't seem to find anything on LMU's website other than "it's 1 mile from campus" lol. Has anyone actually moved in yet/when can we?