Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know when financial aid refunds are dispersed?
For MS last yr it was August 29th, so most likely Aug 28th this yr. DCOM gets theirs Aug 7th.

Members don't see this ad.

How is everyone going to make it one month living without any financial aid??

I know stats on older classes but could someone from the most recent 2015 class give stats on how many people were in the program last year and how many were accepted to DCOM this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are all deficiency courses supposed to be taken during the fall semester? I know I have to take biochem/ethics (who takes ethics during undergrad? -_- lol) but I just want to make sure those are the only deficiencies I have. Since none others are listed on my tentative schedule is it safe to assume I'm ok? I'm starting to stress out because I want to make sure I can finish the program by the end of the school year (and hopefully not have to do summer school).

I a
Are all deficiency courses supposed to be taken during the fall semester? I know I have to take biochem/ethics (who takes ethics during undergrad? -_- lol) but I just want to make sure those are the only deficiencies I have. Since none others are listed on my tentative schedule is it safe to assume I'm ok? I'm starting to stress out because I want to make sure I can finish the program by the end of the school year (and hopefully not have to do summer school).
I assume so as well. I have to take statistics for some odd reason. I may try to argue that one, because it's silly and not a pre-req for any other course! Probably during the spring semester of you have not taken some genetics course, they may try to make you take that!

I a

I assume so as well. I have to take statistics for some odd reason. I may try to argue that one, because it's silly and not a pre-req for any other course! Probably during the spring semester of you have not taken some genetics course, they may try to make you take that!

ah I see thanks! Luckily I've taken a genetics course *phew*

I'm also taking a few deficiency courses this semester. Does anyone know if microbiology is a prereq for any of the actually grad courses? I haven't taken it yet...but it wasn't put on my fall schedule. Am I in the clear or will they make me take it next semester (i hope not).

Anyone know how the process of changing from biomedical professions to anatomical sciences goes? Any alumni here ever done that or know of classmates who did?

Microbiology is not a pre-req according to the 2015-16 Catalog. Only a recommended for Life Science Teaching.

Move-in day for MS looks begins July 25th according to the catalog.

ah that's great to know! Thanks a lot!!

So if we were accepted to the MS program 2015-2016 with intent to attend DCOM, do we still have to send in an application through AACOMAS for the following year? If so, when would be ideal?

So if we were accepted to the MS program 2015-2016 with intent to attend DCOM, do we still have to send in an application through AACOMAS for the following year? If so, when would be ideal?

Yes, we do. I emailed Holly about this and she said at the beginning of August. She said this way we could put our masters classes as "in progress". She also says we can use our old LOR. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me! Also, congrats on getting in the MS program! See you in a few days!

Does DCOM save a certain amount of seats for Masters students or save seats at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was looking under the OMS-I links on the DCOM page to see what we'll need for MGA...and under the required materials it lists things like scapels, forceps, etc. It says these aren't available at the bookstore...so where are we supposed to buy them? Do we need them right away? Cause if these need to be bought online I'm scared I won't have them in time (since class starts friday).

So I was looking under the OMS-I links on the DCOM page to see what we'll need for MGA...and under the required materials it lists things like scapels, forceps, etc. It says these aren't available at the bookstore...so where are we supposed to buy them? Do we need them right away? Cause if these need to be bought online I'm scared I won't have them in time (since class starts friday).

From what I've looked at on the Facebook page, it looks like clubs sell a lot of the stuff we need. They also have a link for discounted dissection kits on the Facebook page

From what I've looked at on the Facebook page, it looks like clubs sell a lot of the stuff we need. They also have a link for discounted dissection kits on the Facebook page

Ah I see. Thanks! I guess I'll try and see if anyone's selling on facebook :/ Or hopefully they'll give us more info about buying supplies at orientation haha

anyone know when that club is going to sell the gloves/dissection kits for MGA?! I thought they were going to do it today at orientation but I didnt see them/ hear any announcement :/ I really need to buy the materials.

Just got my acceptance to the PMSP. Extremely excited!!! Just wondering: when do classes start? And what's the rate of PMSP Students matriculating to DCOM next fall?

hey guys, any insight as to what a decent mcat score is for the new exam? I'm in the Masters program, but wanted to know what a fair score is, given that we do well in our classes obviously...?

hey guys, any insight as to what a decent mcat score is for the new exam? I'm in the Masters program, but wanted to know what a fair score is, given that we do well in our classes obviously...?

they said they're looking for an mcat around 500. That's the general score but they've taken people with scores from ~470

they also mentioned that if you do extremely well in your masters classes/mga they're more lenient/willing to accept a lower mcat score

they said they're looking for an mcat around 500. That's the general score but they've taken people with scores from ~470

they also mentioned that if you do extremely well in your masters classes/mga they're more lenient/willing to accept a lower mcat score
Thanks! You mean 490, not 470 lol

Underwood -- are the Masters classes very similar to UG classes? Do the Masters Professors and advisors provide active assistance helping students apply for the DO school? Also, exactly how many Masters classes carry over to DO school and does it reduce the class load for 1st year DO students/

Underwood -- are the Masters classes very similar to UG classes? Do the Masters Professors and advisors provide active assistance helping students apply for the DO school? Also, exactly how many Masters classes carry over to DO school and does it reduce the class load for 1st year DO students/

The masters classes are different from undergrad classes, but you may have to take some undergrad courses if you have deficiencies. For example, if you haven't taken biochem, genetics, etc (these classes are prereqs for the grad classes) then you will need to complete those first before you can take the graduate classes. From my personal experience the masters advisors are extremely helpful if you have questions about the application process....not so much the professors, but that will depend on the individual student ( I haven't really talked to the prof about applications). I would suggest talking to holly/other advisors about specific questions in applying to DCOM. Only the medical school courses you take as a masters will roll over to your first year (you must earn a B or better). If you pass with a C, you will still have to retake the course as a first year. In regards to the medical school courses, most masters take MGA the first semester, and then most likely histology and neuroanatomy second semester. So as a first year your first semester will be significantly lighter (since MGA/histology will be done) but your second semester will be a heavier load cause you will be taking the same thing as everyone else (minus neuro).

How do you apply for the Masters program. I recently applied to the Debusk Osteopathic Medical College, but I'm not sure how to apply to the masters program. Do you use the same account and just create a new application?

How do you apply for the Masters program. I recently applied to the Debusk Osteopathic Medical College, but I'm not sure how to apply to the masters program. Do you use the same account and just create a new application?

Yes, you do have to fill out a new application. I believe that Holly told us that it just re-opened again! Here is the link to help you out, we just redid our website, so I hope this helps.

https://admissions.lmunet.edu/Grad/Pages/createaccount.aspx?f=0c0c7edb-efed-4f5a-8466-92a526f13c91

You can fill out either MS in Biomedical Professions or MS in Anatomical Sciences which ever you chose. I have also put the link to the Anatomical Sciences criteria and information to help you out! Best of luck!

http://www.lmunet.edu/academics/gra...gree/master-of-science-ms/anatomical-sciences

Hey guys I know the PSMP program was reintroduced this year and was hoping to get people's take on it. I was admitted this past summer but had to decline due to family circumstances.

Hey guys,

I am trying to apply to LMU's post bacc program this year. I was wondering where I can apply since I can't find anything about post bacc on the school's website. Thank you.

Hey guys,

I am trying to apply to LMU's post bacc program this year. I was wondering where I can apply since I can't find anything about post bacc on the school's website. Thank you.

The link is 2 posts up.

The link is 2 posts up.

sorry to be ignorant but is their post bacc program the master's program? The reason I ask is because I saw somewhere that says the master's program is different from the post bacc program (can't remember where from the top of my head sorry).

sorry to be ignorant but is their post bacc program the master's program? The reason I ask is because I saw somewhere that says the master's program is different from the post bacc program (can't remember where from the top of my head sorry).
Yeah, it's different. Contact Holly. [email protected]

Yeah, it's different. Contact Holly. [email protected]

Will do. But just so I have something to go off of, if I want to do the program that links into their med school, which program should I be looking at? Thank you for the help.

I'm sorry, there's quite a few names thrown around in this thread and I'm not sure which is which.

Will do. But just so I have something to go off of, if I want to do the program that links into their med school, which program should I be looking at? Thank you for the help.

I'm sorry, there's quite a few names thrown around in this thread and I'm not sure which is which.

That would be the Master's Program, and not the PSMP Program(Post Bacc). Just to help you get on the right track, here is a little information about each.

The PSMP Program is a non-degree program to get you into the Master's Program. You will take undergraduate courses, to improve your GPA. The Post Bacc also offers an MCAT prep course, if your MCAT wasn't stellar.

The MS Program, on the other hand, allows you take graduate level courses, some of them along side of DO students, and earn a masters degree. Some of the courses we take with DO students are Medical Gross Anatomy, Histology and Neuroanatomy. IF we maintain a 3.0 GPA, we are guaranteed an interview in the spring semester. Pending a DCOM acceptance, if you get a B in any of the DO courses, you will not have to take them again at DCOM!

I hope that helps! Let us know if you need any other assistance!

That would be the Master's Program, and not the PSMP Program(Post Bacc). Just to help you get on the right track, here is a little information about each.

The PSMP Program is a non-degree program to get you into the Master's Program. You will take undergraduate courses, to improve your GPA. The Post Bacc also offers an MCAT prep course, if your MCAT wasn't stellar.

The MS Program, on the other hand, allows you take graduate level courses, some of them along side of DO students, and earn a masters degree. Some of the courses we take with DO students are Medical Gross Anatomy, Histology and Neuroanatomy. IF we maintain a 3.0 GPA, we are guaranteed an interview in the spring semester. Pending a DCOM acceptance, if you get a B in any of the DO courses, you will not have to take them again at DCOM!

I hope that helps! Let us know if you need any other assistance!

ApaDOsaurus,

Thank you so much for that post. I really needed that. I heard about LMU offering linkage but there were so many names thrown around in this thread I couldn't figure out which was which.

One more question (sorry), does it matter if we attend the anatomical sciences or biomedical professions master's program? Thanks again.

ApaDOsaurus,

Thank you so much for that post. I really needed that. I heard about LMU offering linkage but there were so many names thrown around in this thread I couldn't figure out which was which.

One more question (sorry), does it matter if we attend the anatomical sciences or biomedical professions master's program? Thanks again.

Of course! Ask all of the questions you have, it's what websites here are for!

It does not, both programs are wonderful and will lead you on a very similar track towards medical school. In Anatomical Sciences, they focus more on Anatomy. In their second semester, they are able to take courses on Radiographic Imaging and Anatomical Dissection. I know a lot more people apply for the Biomedical Professions, in that degree you focus on a lot more biology. So they take course like Biochemistry, Cell Biology their second semester.

If you have any more questions about the program, you are welcome to message me privately too!

Hello everyone!

I have applied for the DO MS bridge program and I am having a phone interview tomorrow. I appreciate if anyone could share their experience about how the telephone interview is and what kind of questions they will ask and how I need to be prepared for it?

All the best

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I have applied for the DO MS bridge program and I am having a phone interview tomorrow. I appreciate if anyone could share their experience about how the telephone interview is and what kind of questions they will ask and how I need to be prepared for it?

All the best

I sent you a PM!

Hello everyone!

All the best

Good luck! When were you complete?

Hello everyone!

All the best
So I guess no phone interview today because of the snow?

I was scheduled for the phone interview today... but no one called :(

Hello everyone!

I have applied for the DO MS bridge program and I am having a phone interview tomorrow. I appreciate if anyone share their experience about how the telephone interview is and what kind of questions they will ask and how I need to be prepared for it?

All the best
So I guess no phone interview today because of the snow?

I was scheduled for the phone interview today... but no one called :(
Yeah no one called me either. Is it sowing there today? I have been waiting since 3:00 which was my scheduled time.

Hello everyone!

I have applied for the DO MS bridge program and I am having a phone interview tomorrow. I appreciate if anyone share their experience about how the telephone interview is and what kind of questions they will ask and how I need to be prepared for it?

All the best

Yeah no one called me either. Is it sowing there today? I have been waiting since 3:00 which was my scheduled time.
Yea I called the office and the voicemail said offices are closed for today... so it must be the snow...

Did you apply to LMU DCOM?

Yea I called the office and the voicemail said offices are closed for today... so it must be the snow...

Did you apply to LMU DCOM?
I have only applied to the MS program. So, which number did you call that said the office is closed?

Just logging in to say that I also didn't get a call. Glad to know I wasn't the only one!

Congrats on your 1st post on SDN lol...

Are you applying to medical schools as well?
Thanks! I am not applying at the moment, but I'm gearing up for the upcoming cycle. After a lot of thinking, I knew it would be best to go through a post-bacc before even trying. I've been watching this thread like a hawk, haha.

Thanks! I am not applying at the moment, but I'm gearing up for the upcoming cycle. After a lot of thinking, I knew it would be best to go through a post-bacc before even trying. I've been watching this thread like a hawk, haha.
Nice, what are your stats?

Just sent in all my stuff today
is the turnaround pretty quick like it was for DCOM?

The campus is closed today and likely tomorrow!!! You all will do wonderful on your interviews!!!!!!